Notices

Owned by white smoke!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Owned by white smoke!

Well, its offical..my car is blowing white smoke out of the breather, and exhaust. OWNED! Its not over heating, so im guessing the headgasket is ok. I am going to run a compression, and leak down test later tonite to see how the motor is. I'm pretty sure its a blown ring, or something of that sort. The white smoke is mainly coming from the exhaust, and not the breather. If i rev the motor, i can see it come out of the breather ( theres not much coming out, but its there ) Maybe the coolant is mixing with the oil?? Ehh, who knows. Anyone have any ideas? Could also be the pcv valve..bad oil..who knows. I'm open for suggestions!
Looks like a build is on its way!
Old 08-01-2003, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Owned by white smoke! (HyperITR742)

Yep, owned! There is blow out everywhere! From the valve cover, the dip stick, and breather. Ahh, owned.
Old 08-01-2003, 02:28 PM

White smoke usually is coolant, and look and see if there is milky white stuff under your oil cap or valve cover. Check if you can see oil residue in the radiator and overflow can. Hopefully its just a headgasket and not a sleeve. Good luck.
Old 08-01-2003, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Owned by white smoke! (youngkow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by youngkow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">White smoke usually is coolant, and look and see if there is milky white stuff under your oil cap or valve cover. Check if you can see oil residue in the radiator and overflow can. Hopefully its just a headgasket and not a sleeve. Good luck.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yup, checked for all of the good stuff like that. I hope its just the headgasket too, but we won't know untill later tonite. The Leak down test will show what it is. *prays its the head gasket* Pray for me guys &lt;--- For b00sting too much
Old 08-01-2003, 02:36 PM

sorry to bust your thread, but i have a question about white smoke too:

i boost like three times the other day and when i finanlly came to a stop to let the turbo cool down, white smoke started coming from the exhaust. i didn't have
any coolant in the oil, my car wasn't overheating, i took off the valve cover
and there was no milky stuff, no milky stuff under the oil cap. there was just white smoke coming out the muffler, then it just stopped and never did it again.

my car seems fine and is still running the same with no problems. i just recently cleaned my fmic with engine degreaser for the fins and gas for the inside. i noticed that i was missing 3 bolts on the bottom side of the intake mani, my damn cousin didn't put on when he took off my supercharger, and my radiator is for ****, i have a new already.

what could have caused the white smoke that came out my muffler? i'm also running with not cat...just straight piping.
Old 08-01-2003, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Owned by white smoke! (93hb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93hb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry to bust your thread, but i have a question about white smoke too:

i boost like three times the other day and when i finanlly came to a stop to let the turbo cool down, white smoke started coming from the exhaust. i didn't have
any coolant in the oil, my car wasn't overheating, i took off the valve cover
and there was no milky stuff, no milky stuff under the oil cap. there was just white smoke coming out the muffler, then it just stopped and never did it again.

my car seems fine and is still running the same with no problems. i just recently cleaned my fmic with engine degreaser for the fins and gas for the inside. i noticed that i was missing 3 bolts on the bottom side of the intake mani, my damn cousin didn't put on when he took off my supercharger, and my radiator is for ****, i have a new already.

what could have caused the white smoke that came out my muffler? i'm also running with not cat...just straight piping.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Could have been the bolts missing from the intake manifold, but thats very rare. I wouldn't worry about it. You checked everything out, and said it was fine. Your car runs good..no bogging, lagging, stalling..none of that. Your straight. Maybe your becoming a little paranoid .. i did, and look what i found Just be happy your not having problems like me. Also..whats your setup??
Old 08-01-2003, 03:00 PM

eg hatch with b18b1 swap
boosting about 8psi with the turbo

i haven't seen white smoke since then, just wondering why white smoke
would come out.
Old 08-01-2003, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Owned by white smoke! (93hb)

If the turbo was brand new, then i don't know.. but sometimes when bearings go bad on old turbos, it will cause it to smoke. You should be fine though...Try a search if this continues to hinder you
Old 08-01-2003, 03:46 PM

were you boosting on a stock C5?
Old 08-01-2003, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Owned by white smoke! (metal-x)

Yeah, i was boostin on stock C5 internals, and it would have been fine if i didn't beat on it....untuned, with stock injectors...it was stupidity on my part. But anyway, the compression test went like this.. #1 - 215 , #2 - 215 , # 3 - 120 , #4 - 190 So, there you have it ladies and gentleman! Do not boost untuned at 8 pounds Ok, im going to cry myself to sleep now!