Notices

Sigh my car is filling up with smoke after turbo install

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sigh my car is filling up with smoke after turbo install

I get really rich smelling fuel smoke coming into the car when i drive it.
I have the exhaust hooked up this seems to be coming from the waste gate dump tube. Its rich as hell and it burns my eyes and makes my clothes smell but i love boost. Please help me solve this. I dont want to die of cancer or carbon monoxide poisoning
Running drag 3 kit with vortech fmu and tial wastegate.
i have the wastegate getting vacuum from the brake booster line.
I also noticed that im leaking oil but it seems to be miles away from the dump tube and the turbo. It might be a combination of problems.
Please suggest whatever comes to mind.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Sigh my car is filling up with smoke after turbo install (PanikAttack)

valve seals.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Sigh my car is filling up with smoke after turbo install (PanikAttack)

you probably have a big exhaust leak and are running rich. Double check to see where the exhaust is coming from. Also, try hooking the WG up to the turbo outlet nipple. Make sure you have the fire ring installed in the WG (metal ring that seats under the wg where it meets the flange), that could cause you to have a big exhaust leak. Do you have a dump tube or just running an open WG?
Old 11-25-2004, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

try ditching the FMU, what car and engine is this on?
Old 11-25-2004, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (D15B7turbo)

ya my turbo gsr fills up with white smoke every time i drive it too. meby i should stop doing so many burnouts j/k hope you figure it out soon.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:11 PM

Default Re:

This is on a b18b integra see http://www.optinplus.com/acura for restoration project. Its a long slide show but i think the car turned out nice.
Luckily i have a spare b18b so what were doing is a quick engine swap to see if the smoke goes away and if it does then the other engine is going into the machine shop for a build up.
Old 11-27-2004, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Re: (PanikAttack)

WHY are you going to swap the engine out to try to remedy an exhaust leak? That is probably 10x more work than necessary. Are you dumping raw fuel from the bottom of the fmu onto the DP? Did you accidentally put a vacuum hose there instead of a fuel line? I'd keep looking at stuff, that sounds nuts to pull an engine for an exhaust leak. Did you check the fire ring yet? Hook the WG port to the turbo? What have you checked so far?
Old 11-27-2004, 02:21 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PanikAttack &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Please help me solve this. I dont want to die of cancer or carbon monoxide poisoning </TD></TR></TABLE>

LMAO! (You can't make this stuff up... and be funnier than this)

Exhaust leak, like everyone says. Either from you open dump tube, or from one of the flanges...
Old 11-28-2004, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sigh my car is filling up with smoke after turbo install (hybridsol)

could be a pinched oil return like too.....my friends did this and smoked like crazy....that is until he blew his turbo due to the problem...check the oil lines and make sure they are in proper working order
Old 11-30-2004, 09:27 PM

Default Re: Re: (StrokedPSI)

Well actually I got a spare for absolute cheap! So im pulling the nice one to do a build up anyway. Car is off the road for winter. Gives me a chance to mess around with stuff.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by delslo93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">could be a pinched oil return like too.....my friends did this and smoked like crazy....that is until he blew his turbo due to the problem...check the oil lines and make sure they are in proper working order </TD></TR></TABLE>