Notices

should i use this 92-95 Liquid filled EG motor mount on my turbo charged integra?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i use this 92-95 Liquid filled EG motor mount on my turbo charged integra?

so i baught a JDM LS motor from HMOtors and it dsnt seem to fit with my USDM LS motor mount.. and i call HMO and they are tellin me the bracket is diff in JAPAN then US, so i need to get a 92-95 EG LIQUID FILLED motor mount ( the driver side mount ). wondering #1 should i switch over and use this EG liquid filled motor mount even though i hear they break alot and i dunno if they can stand and last /w my turbocharged LS motor. or #2 go through the trouble of switching over the bracket off my motor that came out the B20. but that is alot of work consdering i will have to take off the crank pulley etc and motor is already bolted into my car, just need this last motor mount and put in axle..

please help.

this is where the mount goes

this is what the motor mount looks lke for integras but it ddsnt fit with the bracket on my motor

Old 08-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: should i use this 92-95 Liquid filled EG motor mount on my turbo charged integra? (Jesse.)

well its your call. You can use the eg mount or to pull the motor and use the other bracket. I'd just do whats easier and use the eg mount. Possibly getting some inserts?
Old 08-23-2006, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just use the EG mount. If you have any problems, I'd look into the front and rear mounts first
Old 08-23-2006, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (paul vang)

i had the same problem on my jdm b16a. i had the mount in you pic and the engine bracket in your 1st pic. i just ordered a 95 integra gsr bracket and put on the engine. all i did was pop off the timing covers and swap it. i think the bracket was only like 38-40 from http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org
Old 08-23-2006, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: should i use this 92-95 Liquid filled EG motor mount on my turbo charged integra? (boostedej1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JSPECSIR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i had the same problem on my jdm b16a. i had the mount in you pic and the engine bracket in your 1st pic. i just ordered a 95 integra gsr bracket and put on the engine. all i did was pop off the timing covers and swap it. i think the bracket was only like 38-40 from http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org </TD></TR></TABLE>

really? u didnt have to remove the crank and pulley's and stuff??

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by paul vang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just use the EG mount. If you have any problems, I'd look into the front and rear mounts first</TD></TR></TABLE>

?? what do u mean? my rear is stock and my front is stock what does it mean to look into?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostedej1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well its your call. You can use the eg mount or to pull the motor and use the other bracket. I'd just do whats easier and use the eg mount. Possibly getting some inserts?</TD></TR></TABLE>

both my inserts are broken at the bottom. i dont think i need them except for stablizing whatever.. i hear they break alot anyways.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:14 PM
official honda whore

Default Re: should i use this 92-95 Liquid filled EG motor mount on my turbo charged integra? (Jesse.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jesse. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

both my inserts are broken at the bottom. i dont think i need them except for stablizing whatever.. i hear they break alot anyways.</TD></TR></TABLE>

those are your torque mounts.. if they are broke and you have a turbo ls your motor will be moving all over and break that civic top mount quicker then it normall would... do a search on window weld and make those bottom 2 torque mounts solid
Old 08-23-2006, 08:15 PM

yes you have to remove the dam timing covers...MCP and all to get it off...had to do this just this weekend workin on a swap...was shootin myself in the foot when i went to bolt it up and relaized the mounts were different...took me about 45min to fix the problem...
Old 08-23-2006, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (drumking15)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drumking15 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes you have to remove the dam timing covers...MCP and all to get it off...had to do this just this weekend workin on a swap...was shootin myself in the foot when i went to bolt it up and relaized the mounts were different...took me about 45min to fix the problem...</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, my motor still is on the cherry picker but the rear and passenger sid emounts in.. is it good idea to do it while its like this. without having to let it down on ground again? what were ur procedures.. juss curius and double checking
Old 08-24-2006, 05:46 AM
* B A N N E D *

just go to the teg mount, seriously
Old 08-24-2006, 03:20 PM

i prefer the teg mount...esp if yous installin it front under the car...the other mount is much shorter and nearly impossible to get the motor in...

basically 1st i remove all the headcover bolts...remove the upper two timing covers...then the MCP w/ the honda tool...critical for dealin w/ he crank puller....twop cheater bars on 2' of pipe...and itll budge w/ some force....then pul the lower timing cover....remove 3 14mm bolts from mount install new mount and repeat procedure in reverse order