Notices

Should i sell my B18C5 turbo set-up and go NA K20 ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should i sell my B18C5 turbo set-up and go NA K20 ?

ive been debating this for a month or so now...should i keep my turbo set-up or go NA K20 ? my set-up consists of...

1998 B18C5 longblock
-REV valves , springs , retainers
-JG sheetmetal intake manifold
-BBK 75mm mustang TB
-98 ITR cams
-port and polished head
-Golden Eagle sleeves
-Ross pistons (10:1)
-Crower rods
-balanced and blueprinted bottom end
-Turbonectics T68 turbo
-Turbonectics Godzilla BOV
-Kiwi manifold
-HKS GT watsegate
-Silvia intercooler
-F.A.S.T. system

all this stuff is sittin waitin until my integra chassis is done (engine bay isnt painted yet ) All motor K20 is looking real interesting to me . something new to try , etc....im also thinking of just saying **** it and sell everything cuz im tired of spending money on cars . What would you guys do ? keep ? K20 ? sell ? im confused , im tired of this project and i havent even finished it yet .

thanks for your time
Old 12-19-2004, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Should i sell my B18C5 turbo set-up and go NA K20 ? (JonnyDanger)

I'm stuck in the same position, well almost. It's either b18c turbo or high compression ls/vtec with nitrous. Also been thinking about selling everything I have, including the car.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

TURBO
Old 12-19-2004, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TGARCIARACING)

T68! Thats massive
Old 12-19-2004, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boltz)

If you do decide to sell it, I got dibs on the turbo.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (TGARCIARACING)

You're actually thinking of trading a 600+ WHP capable, built to the hilt turbo setup for a 200 WHP stock block naturally aspirated setup? Keep the turbo setup, you'll thank me later. My first honda was a built naturally aspirated sleeved H22A. I thought it was the ****, smacked around all the other hondas in town, and thought it was great. Then I ran against a turbocharged LS hatch with pistons, rods, stock sleeves, and got destroyed. Then I said to myself "Why the hell did I spend all this money to make 225 horsepower? This is stupid." went turbo and never looked back. I had so many people tell me that a 225 WHP naturally aspirated honda is going to be so much more fun on the street than a 400 WHP turbo setup because you can get traction and the N/A car will beat the turbo car because of lag and all this crap, but that ain't true. Having owned both setups I can say I would much rather be able to turn the power down a bit to get traction, and still have the sickening top end pull to walk away from Z06's rather than be stuck at X amount of horsepower, but boy is it great to be able to go WOT in first gear and not lose traction!

/rant off
Old 12-19-2004, 10:08 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (boosted92)

dood what kind of ******* question is this jon?
Old 12-19-2004, 10:25 PM

turbo
Old 12-19-2004, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hella_JDM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hella_JDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dood what kind of ******* question is this jon?</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAhah a house would be a kewl thing to have to

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You're actually thinking of trading a 600+ WHP capable, built to the hilt turbo setup for a 200 WHP stock block naturally aspirated setup? Keep the turbo setup, you'll thank me later. My first honda was a built naturally aspirated sleeved H22A. I thought it was the ****, smacked around all the other hondas in town, and thought it was great. Then I ran against a turbocharged LS hatch with pistons, rods, stock sleeves, and got destroyed. Then I said to myself "Why the hell did I spend all this money to make 225 horsepower? This is stupid." went turbo and never looked back. I had so many people tell me that a 225 WHP naturally aspirated honda is going to be so much more fun on the street than a 400 WHP turbo setup because you can get traction and the N/A car will beat the turbo car because of lag and all this crap, but that ain't true. Having owned both setups I can say I would much rather be able to turn the power down a bit to get traction, and still have the sickening top end pull to walk away from Z06's rather than be stuck at X amount of horsepower, but boy is it great to be able to go WOT in first gear and not lose traction!

/rant off</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAhahah ..my last integra was LS-turbo w/ rods , pistons , and headwork . turbo isnt new to me but 600+whp would be K20 wouldnt be stock either , would have to be built before it goes in my car

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TGARCIARACING &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you do decide to sell it, I got dibs on the turbo. </TD></TR></TABLE>

if i do ill let you know

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boltz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">T68! Thats massive</TD></TR></TABLE>

got a good deal so i couldnt pass it up
Old 12-19-2004, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JonnyDanger)

boosted K (I know that wasn't an option)
Old 12-19-2004, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

With having a K20A in my vehicle, I would tell you to keep your "built to the hilt" B18. It is N/A, and it is very fun, but does it still get worked over by a turbocharged LS, or an LS1 for that matter, yes. I've had rides in many turbocharged B series, swapped or not, vehicles, from bolt on kit to fully built. I can say that I'm not disappointment, but I would like more from it! 223 whp is great, but just doesn't cut it anymore. That's why I built a K20A2 that I had laying around. Good luck to you with whatever you choose.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (k20whitevic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by k20whitevic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> That's why I built a K20A2 that I had laying around. </TD></TR></TABLE>

HAha baller !!!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MAD SOHC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">boosted K (I know that wasn't an option)</TD></TR></TABLE>

not a bad option
Old 12-19-2004, 11:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Turbo . I have so many friends talking about doing an all motor K series setup, but i just don't see it as being cost effective at all.
Old 12-19-2004, 11:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Should i sell my B18C5 turbo set-up and go NA K20 ? (SOHC_MShue)

your current setup
Old 12-20-2004, 01:34 AM

i would chose built b series turbo over na k20 any day. k20 is nice and expensive but that motor you have built is a full out race motor and is much faster and can handle more than that k20
Old 12-20-2004, 02:49 AM

Hrmmm...IMed joo
Old 12-20-2004, 03:15 AM
12 Years Strong

Default Re: Should i sell my B18C5 turbo set-up and go NA K20 ? (donkiman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by donkiman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i would chose built b series turbo over na k20 any day.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Me too! Stick with what you have
Old 12-20-2004, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JoesTypeS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JoesTypeS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hrmmm...IMed joo</TD></TR></TABLE>

hey thanks for the offer , not yet though
Old 12-20-2004, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

don't go with a k20 over a built b series. A b series is just so much simpler and parts are all over the place if you brake something, i mean what happens when a coil pack goes bad on a k series you cant call up a friend a say hey do u have a k series coil pack laying around i can buy, but you can with a b series.my advice is stay with the b series the k is just another band wagon that became big for right know, later it all will be the same.
Old 12-20-2004, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (per4mance)

i got dibs on the block&gt;
Old 12-20-2004, 06:55 PM

finishing the project is your fault cuz if you really wanted it to be done you'd do it yourseld n get it done. thres being busy n all that but if you dedicate time to it. itll get done. you just finihshing putting together 1 setup. but want to sell everything for a new setup. man ive done this with my last 2 project cars and its now a pain in the *** to rebuild everything from the bottom again. START to finish is what takes time. and starting . finishing and having to start again is what takes the most time out of me. if that made any sense .
Old 12-20-2004, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (boosted92)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You're actually thinking of trading a 600+ WHP capable, built to the hilt turbo setup for a 200 WHP stock block naturally aspirated setup? Keep the turbo setup, you'll thank me later. My first honda was a built naturally aspirated sleeved H22A. I thought it was the ****, smacked around all the other hondas in town, and thought it was great. Then I ran against a turbocharged LS hatch with pistons, rods, stock sleeves, and got destroyed. Then I said to myself "Why the hell did I spend all this money to make 225 horsepower? This is stupid." went turbo and never looked back. I had so many people tell me that a 225 WHP naturally aspirated honda is going to be so much more fun on the street than a 400 WHP turbo setup because you can get traction and the N/A car will beat the turbo car because of lag and all this crap, but that ain't true. Having owned both setups I can say I would much rather be able to turn the power down a bit to get traction, and still have the sickening top end pull to walk away from Z06's rather than be stuck at X amount of horsepower, but boy is it great to be able to go WOT in first gear and not lose traction!

/rant off</TD></TR></TABLE>

I totally agree!
Old 12-20-2004, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should i sell my B18C5 turbo set-up and go NA K20 ? (project dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> finishing the project is your fault cuz if you really wanted it to be done you'd do it yourseld n get it done. thres being busy n all that but if you dedicate time to it. itll get done. you just finihshing putting together 1 setup. but want to sell everything for a new setup. man ive done this with my last 2 project cars and its now a pain in the *** to rebuild everything from the bottom again. START to finish is what takes time. and starting . finishing and having to start again is what takes the most time out of me. if that made any sense . </TD></TR></TABLE>

oh i really want it done but i dont have money hangin out of my pockets i understand what your sayin though
Old 12-20-2004, 07:03 PM
sh!t happens.

G

Default Re: (TurboChrgd_Civic)

B-series with 600+WHP is sick......DO IT!!!
Old 12-20-2004, 07:04 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

keep that setup, you;re on crack if you get rid of it

Quick Reply: Should i sell my B18C5 turbo set-up and go NA K20 ?