Notices

Should I run Boost on my new set-up

Old 11-04-2002, 05:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I run Boost on my new set-up

Well as some of you know i spun a main bearing in my gsr causing me to build a new motor.

I decided to go lsvtec. In the stage it is now i have a few options. All parts are in but last night Quikb20 decided to let his turbo go?! I am going to buy it either way but need to know if i should run it on the lsvtec. My build-up includes type r pistons, ls rods / crank, gsr head with civic type r springs, crower titanium retainers, and stainless valves. my only worry i guess is the high compression i will have and the reliability of the ls rods. I almost have enough $$ for eagle rods and was wondering if putting a thicker head gasket would lower my compression enough to be ok for 6-8 psi? comments or suggestions please
Old 11-04-2002, 07:19 AM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Should I run Boost on my new set-up (redlinegsr)

i say buy iggys block. jk

is the motor already assembled? eagle rods would be a very wise investment for a high revving turbo LSvtec. Id hate to see u not do it now and then have to pull the block later to redo everything. but if u absolutly want to use the internals u have now just get an inline pro head gasket and keep the RPM's down it will still make sick power. good luck phillip ill call u guys tonight
Old 11-04-2002, 08:39 AM

Default Re: Should I run Boost on my new set-up (DIRep972)

if you really wanted too, you could run a thicker head gasket to lower compression until you get enough money for the rods. also i would pressure seat my rings with the turbo to break the motor in if you are gonna boost.
Old 11-04-2002, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Should I run Boost on my new set-up (00si5)

motor is not assembled. I just got off the phone with tony1 from Jotech and he said he is waiting on my bearings. i have decided to go ahead and boost it. Kenny said if i go with a blitz or hks headgasket it should drop my compression from 11:5:1 to about 10:1 or 10:2. I'll still have my gsr block so i think im gonna go ahead and start another build-up. Chris i don't think this **** is ever gonna stop. we become fast and always wanna be faster!!! And get back to school! lol
We need to go V* hunting real soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2002, 01:18 PM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Should I run Boost on my new set-up (00si5)

if you really wanted too, you could run a thicker head gasket to lower compression until you get enough money for the rods. also i would pressure seat my rings with the turbo to break the motor in if you are gonna boost.