Notices

She's gettin there... Progress update & pix...(56k Grim Reaper is a knockin)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default She's gettin there... Progress update & pix...(56k Grim Reaper is a knockin)

Alright crew...I know I haven't posted a lot, but I have read countless posts on here and want to thank everyone for getting me this far. The turbo has officially been mounted and test fired/spooled. Everything is a go and I'll be finishing the piping this weekend, when my new intake manifold gets in.

Lay out (probably missed some):

Electronics:
AEM EMS
AEM UEGO
AEM 3.5bar Map
Crane HI-6S - MSD Blaster SS coil - MSD external cap - Magnacore 8.5 wires
Profec B spec II
Apex'i Turbo Time
AC Autotechnics 4 in 1 tach
Greddy- fuel pressure, Boost, EGT gauges

Engine:
T3/T4 57 trim w/ a .48 a/r ex housing
B16A1 engine (for now/testing) B18C1 block almost done
RC1000cc Injectors
DC Fuel Rail
Aeromotive Fuel Reg (not pictured)
Walbro 255 fuel pump
OBX Intake Manifold
RevHard Exhaust Manifold
JRC Intercooler
Tial WG
Blitz BLOV
Greddy Oil Block
Greddy Catch Can
Civic Radiator and Pro-Form 1400cfm fan
Earl and Russel A/N fittings and lines

DC Rail and RC injectors

Taylor Battery box

Greddy oil block with everything mounted to it.

My craptastic welds. Working w/ gas. Piping worked out well though.

These will be updated Sat. Night. A lot has happened since these pix where taken.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Re: She's gettin there... Progress update & pix...(56k Grim Reaper is a knockin) (XSIintegra)

This is the finished product of the dash w/ the greddy gauges molded into the stock cluster
Old 04-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: She's gettin there... Progress update & pix...(56k Grim Reaper is a knockin) (XSIintegra)

nice almost like my setup
Old 04-28-2005, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice set up...you must be happy but will be happier with the b18c1 block prolly fully built i assume....

congrats on install
Old 04-28-2005, 07:22 PM

Very nice set up, be patient.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: She's gettin there... Progress update & pix...(56k Grim Reaper is a knockin) (lsdhatch)

I like how you mounted those gauges.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:34 PM
Trial User

Default Re: She's gettin there... Progress update & pix...(56k Grim Reaper is a knockin) (BrownDx)

sweet guages was it hard? you should have done a writeup on it
Old 04-28-2005, 08:44 PM

Default Re: She's gettin there... Progress update & pix...(56k Grim Reaper is a knockin) (SSBPGSR)

that oil feed line looks enormous.

My jaw dropped when i saaw those gauges. VERY AWESOME

Write that up!

Excellent choice in parts...cheap, but proven to work well
Old 04-28-2005, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: She's gettin there... Progress update & pix...(56k Grim Reaper is a knockin) (BrownDx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BrownDx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I like how you mounted those gauges. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-28-2005, 11:58 PM

Looks great, but wow man, have you got a sponsorship through Earl's??? That stuff is not cheap!
Old 04-29-2005, 12:08 AM

Default Re: She's gettin there... Progress update & pix...(56k Grim Reaper is a knockin) (drift2004)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GunMETAL_TEgRa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice set up...you must be happy but will be happier with the b18c1 block prolly fully built i assume....</TD></TR></TABLE>
The B16 is a test block for now. My goal is to get it well tuned and do my learning with the EMS. When the b18 block is ready, I'm going to start pushing the b16 till I find its breaking point. {there will be a write up before this starts}

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SSBPGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sweet guages was it hard? you should have done a writeup on it </TD></TR></TABLE>
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=985486 This was my write-up that I did a while back...its in my sig line. I'll probably update it or rewrite it now that the dash is done. Ya, it was hard. I've been offered good money to do on other cars, but its seriously a rough conversion. My dash, behind the gauges had to be modded, the cluster itself was modded way beyond the aparrent, the wires didn't want to hook up.......so on. I'm really happy its done, and the fact that it looks factory. I'll try to get a couple close up pix over the weekend. The factory clear bezel still rests over the front of the gauges. They are not exposed as they may look in the pix.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adseguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that oil feed line looks enormous.
My jaw dropped when i saaw those gauges. VERY AWESOME
Write that up!
Excellent choice in parts...cheap, but proven to work well</TD></TR></TABLE>
Its a -4AN line, with a restrictor in it. -10AN drain.

thanx for all the support!

The DA has come a long way from its original setup

To this...

And soon a final image
[img] Near future [img]
Old 04-29-2005, 12:11 AM

Default Re: She's gettin there... Progress update & pix...(56k Grim Reaper is a knockin) (Ibiza)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ibiza &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Looks great, but wow man, have you got a sponsorship through Earl's??? That stuff is not cheap!</TD></TR></TABLE>
I should be their ambassador!

-This is what no G/F and tons of OverTime at work gets ya. Figured I should get this project done so I can buy myself a sport bike next