Notices

Setting up a T25 on an Integra LS - How much should it cost to install?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting up a T25 on an Integra LS - How much should it cost to install?

I am thinking about setting up a turbo on my Integra 98' LS. After reading a bit about turbos in Mike Kojima's book, it seems that a t25 will work well for me. I am looking for a turbo that will have minimal lag, excellent driveability, and about an extra 40-60hp. There are some real cheap Garrett t25 units on ebay ($100-150). With all the additional parts and labor, how much would it cost to professionally install?
Old 05-26-2003, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Setting up a T25 on an Integra LS - How much should it cost to install? (fujio001)

>>With all the additional parts and labor, how much would it cost to professionally install?<<

Man, that's right up there with "why is the sky blue?", or "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?"

Honestly, that's nearly an impossible question due to the variables involved. However, if you're talking about having a shop do a complete custom build around a T25 bought off ebay, not only will you not save a dime, you'll end up with an inferior product. A lot of people (including me) have saved a ton of money going the "junkyard turbo" route, but not just because parts are cheap. Mainly it's because our time is cheap and we're willing to slave away in the garage making adapter plates, custom manifolds, welding, etc. in order to make all the parts fit.

Any money saved in the initial parts investment will be quickly spent in labor hours trying to get all the parts to line up right. IMO, you'd be a lot better off purchasing a complete (new) Greddy/Revhard/drag kit and having it installed by someone who has experience with that specific kit. In fact, you may want to call around and select your mechanic, then select a kit based on what he has the experience with. My .02 cents...
Old 05-27-2003, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Setting up a T25 on an Integra LS - How much should it cost to install? (fujio001)

we are selling a kit for $2k. complete w/turbo even