Notices

Serious yet simple question, Worth the switch from drag mani to other? info inside

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Serious yet simple question, Worth the switch from drag mani to other? info inside

Anwyays, some know me, and a ton dont I guess. My car is finally almost done with all the body work and 100% I will be getting a Dart block at 81.5 and having a shop bore it to 84mm as thats what I was last year till my gsr block blew up for good!

My question is (all engine mods below if you want to see if that helps some) I have a Drag gen 3 mani for b series and Im REALLY thinking or swapping to a different manifold, Maybe inline pro, I drive the car when its nice out only and I do race it alot and show it as well. I know the DRAG isnt the greatest at all and this summer I have a new wastegate, tail 38mm so that would help with the boost creep Id hope and I want to go back to open dump 100% as last year with the tial 35mm, it would creep to 20psi so I had to go closed loop.

IS IT AT ALL WORTH IT TO buy a inline pro manifold and sell the drag? Goals are close to 500whp on C16.

What do you all think on this issue as I know there are alot of other smart guys here that make alot of power and have gone threw the same scenario?

You ask why not just keep the drtag and save my money, sure BUT... I have to build another d/p anyways as mine is pretty beat from being too slammed, and last years d/t has the w/g plumbed back in so yoiu know. New w/g, new d/p, **** I might as well get more power while Im at it and at the same time not worrie about boost creep and overall a better manifold!

THANKS TO ALL.

Engine:

Engine code: Dart race block, JDM B16 head

Internal Modifications: Dart sleeves 84mm, ARP head bolts, Eagle rods, Weisco 8.5-1 pistons, Skunk 2 Valve springs, Skunk 2 Titanium retainers, JDM CTR cams, Cometic head gasket, Mild port and polish, Lightened flywheel, Complete valve job, Pro Drive oil gears, Bully stage 3 race clutch, Balanced and blueprinted

External Modifications: Drag turbo manifold, Tial wastegate 38mm, Garrette T3/T4 turbo, 60-1, .82 a/r, Spearco intercooler, Turbosmart supersonic blow off valve, Custom downpipe, 3", Engine wrap, 750cc RC injectors, ITR intake manifold, Unorthodox Racing pulley, AEM fuel rail, AEM true time cam gears , B&M fuel pressure regulator, Holly fuel pump, Flex pipe and catalytic converter 3", MSD 6AL ignition system, MSD blaster coil, MSD distributor cap, MSD 8.5 mm performance wires, 3 bar GM map sensor, Resister pack to controll injectors, Optima red top battery, 5 Zigen 3" exhaust with muffler, STR engine dress up, Spoon vtec controller, Spoon kevlar valve plug cover, Spoon kevlar valve plug cover, Spoon resovior covers, Spoon oil cap, Spoon oil drain plug, Spoon thermostat, Spoon rad cap, Spoon valve cover,

Engine Managment: Hondata stage 2 with boost controll
Old 03-03-2004, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I could use a few suggestions/reply's to this.
Old 03-03-2004, 06:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Serious yet simple question, Worth the switch from drag mani to other? info inside (B18C GSR CIV

looking like a pretty serious setup...

The tial wastgate will help over the deltagate , but the wastegate placement on the drag manifold is not optimal and boost creep becomes more noticeable when you free up the exhaust with a 3" downpipe ...

For your goals I would suggest a Inline Pro, Full race, lovefab, hytech, manifolds which have better wastegate placement and are much stronger so you wont have to worry about your mani cracking.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Serious yet simple question, Worth the switch from drag mani to other? info inside (B18C GSR CIV

Thanks for that and more please

Old 03-03-2004, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how about a sfp mani?
i like the looks of it
Old 03-04-2004, 05:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tomtomloc)

Ill look into them, comon guys..
Old 03-04-2004, 05:58 AM
No Sales Forums

at far as pitting down that power, u can use that drag mani...but it will be more beneficial to u to get a better one.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:07 AM

definetly inline pro or lovefab both best bang for your buck manifold compared to others and they are proven....
Old 03-04-2004, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TravSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">definetly inline pro or lovefab both best bang for your buck manifold compared to others and they are proven.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

My thoguhts exactly. The drag can make that power but wastegate position sucks. Inlinepro manifold is very nice for the $. I think they are 599. then for $799 the Lovefab manifold is a great buy. With both manifolds you will have to make changes to down pipe, dumptube, charge piping, etc. so keep that in mind.
Old 03-04-2004, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ya but like I said, Im getting a new dp made anyways so no biggie. I actually found the guy that has CANADAS fastest Import. It went 8.66@167mph I belive exact time. Paul from Spitfire Performance In toronto and he the manifold he had on b4 the one that ran that dynoed at 650whp and Im getting a great price on it so I figure I cant go wrong. It reminds me by looks of it like a Rev hard Mani

rev hard pic

Spitfire Pic

So I guess I just have to wait and Soon, probably 2 months I will have a HUGE post in appearance about what went on with my car From 7 years ago till current!

and then some dyno results come june probably
Old 03-04-2004, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ttt, sick as a dog, going to bed!
Old 03-04-2004, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

for a setup like yours, i'd definantly look into a full-race manifold... why skimp on such an essential part like the manifold after you've spent so much on everything else? seriously, not to sound like a commercial, but do it right the first time... you wont regret it.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:25 PM
New User

look into the lovefab cast sidewinder in the sponsor marketplace! they are going for 300 right now and that is a steal for that manifold!