Notices

Sequential turbos? Turbo ride quality? general...(I've searched)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2001, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sequential turbos? Turbo ride quality? general...(I've searched)

I was thinking about it, and would it better to run sequential turbos to cut down on lag? If you wanted a smooth transition in speed instead of a sudden boost, would this do the trick. (one smaller turbo working along side a larger one...the smaller one being equivalent to a smaller T3 in this case, maybe even smaller than that...and the larger one being possibly a larger T4e...maybe high 50 trim or so..all ball-bearing).. Another question is, will these two turbo's be adding their combined boost together so that I would have to attach conservative pressures? (smaller one = 5...bigger one =10, both = more than 10 in power at the low end/high end rpm?) Confusing here...

Any articles on this...I got my info from "howstuffworks"

0-60 and 5-60 acceleration are very important to me, a smooth ride is important to me, 0-100 times are important to me...and after all that, and then after aesthetics as well, a good 1/4mile time comes into play...

Taking all that into account, are sequential turbos what I want? Or do I not even want to go the turbo route at all (obviously I'm not going to be running 20PSI on the streets, I've realized that 12 is where it is at...15 if I want to smoke a vette or something)?

The problem is, I don't know how a turbo feels, people tell me it is somewhat jerky in shifts, but I'm thinking, "it could just be the way they set up their suspension and dampening related components" When I rode in the Supra turbo, it felt like a normal car, same with the eclipse, it is no different with an aftermarket 'TEG right?

Thanks for any info...I'm shooting for low 12's in the quarter mile when using slicks, and striping the car...meaning in "street mode" it would be high 12's or so...