Notices

secondary fuel rail and infector question?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default secondary fuel rail and infector question?

I have a B18C1 with a edelbrock complete turbo set up, i bought the motor with the turbo set up. It has a secondary fuel rail and injectors.My question is how to wire up the injectors from the secondary fuel rail? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!
Old 12-27-2008, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: secondary fuel rail and infector question?

Why? What engine management?
Old 12-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: secondary fuel rail and injector question?

Well thats how the motor came.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

whats the power goal? i wouldnt do it unless u have to? espically if its a street car.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well the my power goal is 300whp. My goal is to use the secondary fuel rail.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol why? a 2nd fuel rail is used when you need 8 injectors, your 300whp setup doesnt even need 4 Large Injectors let alone 8. BTW you also have to have a standalone EMS to run such a setup, which I highly doubt you have. There are people on this site making 900hp with 4 Injectors.............
Old 12-27-2008, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the reason i ask is that i have the intake manifol from edelbock it already has the 8 injectors. is there any way i could plug them. That was my plan to use 4 big injectors. Well i just bought a s300.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would take it to a welder and let him weld in some plugs, or just go ghetto and stick some OEM Injectors in there and put the rail on and be done with it, that way the manifold isnt affected and can be sold as an 8 Injector Manifold if you choose to sell it one day
Old 12-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dont mean to thread jack but i was also thinking of running secondaries on that same IM with slightly higher hp goals (750whp). i was gonna run my current rc 750's as primaries and a second set of 750's as my secondaries so that i could stay with saturated injectors and no hack job resistor box or idle issues. i also figured it would be better for the injectors life and spray pattern if they ran at lower duty cycles (more fuel from more injectors instead of more duty), i also like being different. im running an AEM EMS so controlling them wont be a problem. i was just wandering if there was any issues running secondaries as opposed to just large primaries other than the extra hassle of tunning two different fuel maps
Old 12-27-2008, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have never heard of dual fuel rails? some more info or pictures possible?
Old 12-27-2008, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 95dc2teg

The VictorX manifolds already have the bosses on the back,

at the bottom
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...victor-x.shtml
Old 12-27-2008, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.jegs.com/p/Edelbrock/760225/10551/-1

from jegs web site click on the pic 3rd down on this page and it shows the IM from the bottom with the rail mounted

edit: man i just went to edelbrocks page and couldnt find that pic lol
Old 12-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ef9luie
the reason i ask is that i have the intake manifol from edelbock it already has the 8 injectors. is there any way i could plug them. That was my plan to use 4 big injectors. Well i just bought a s300.

The edelbrock kits use the secondary injectors along with thier own piggy back fuel control unit. Its done to keep things on a "legal" level in terms of smog. This way they can keep the stock ECU in the car running the stock 240 injectors and use the second row of thier own injectors to add additional fuel under boost... You can't modify the ECU in any way if you want it to be smog legal in California, which is the point of this kit. Sice you have an S300, remove the secondary injectors or simply don't use them. Running larger primary injectors will give you the same results only without the additional crap needed for the secondary ones as well.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 95dc2teg

thats a pic of my car a few months ago. i would try to stay away from 8 injectors unless u have to its kind of a pain. Its just 1 more thing to go wrong also. and for the op s300 wont support 8 injectors u need something like aem or motec.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The S300 will be able to support 8 injectors. You can set up one of the auxillary outputs to arm a set of relays to turn on conditionally and then triggering them in parallel with the primary injectors. The issue is that running them in parallel halves the resistance and doubles the current draw on the drivers. Big problem?

If you're going to use two sets of injectors, you might as well take advantage of being able to use a smaller injector for lower power demands. Use like a 395cc/min primary, which idle really well in my experience, with a 1000cc/min secondary.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by IN VTEC
The S300 will be able to support 8 injectors. You can set up one of the auxillary outputs to arm a set of relays to turn on conditionally and then triggering them in parallel with the primary injectors. The issue is that running them in parallel halves the resistance and doubles the current draw on the drivers. Big problem?
that sounds like a great idea , have u ever tuned anything with 8 injectors? running both sets off the same output is stupid and defeats the purpose. U want to run the first 4 injectors untill a certin point say 65 70% then start to phase the other 4 in. Running them how u said would have both sets firing at the same time....

if your really concerned about idling why not just get a set of those new saturated bosch 1000's tony says they idle as good as stock...
Old 12-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My only experience is that I've seen the hassles of trying to get the injectors to phase in properly on an earlier Haltech. When the 2ndaries kicked on, it really gave the motor a butt ton of petro and drowned it. The motor bucked so bad that it bent the alum crank pulley.

You can get it to switch between the two injectors with another DPDT relay on the primary inj's. It probably wouldn't run too well right at the threshold.

The batch fire isn't that bad because it compounds the injector delivery and extends the capability of the fuel system beyond the largest injector size. It's more about if it's reliable for the ECU to do this consistently. You may want to get Jeff Evans' opinion on it these days. He was a proponent of it earlier this year and had done a few....but people can change their minds.

This is also before the days of Tony's discovery. I'm still waiting to try a set myself to see what all the fuss is about. I've tuned 1000cc Rochesters without a inj. driver box and it's not fun. It works, but it's ugly compared to working with a smaller injector. 1600cc's with an inj driver isn't great either, and a secondary injector may be beneficial because the driveability wasn't great even if it was mostly around the pits. That situation was compounded by an inconsistent TPS signal and a non-functional IACV tho.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you want I will trade you manifold for manifold+ cash! I have the same manifold with only 4 injector boses. also It was anodized black so it look like new. oh also it was ported and polished by alaniz technologies and port matched to 76-78mm
Old 12-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: secondary fuel rail and injector question?

Iam down to trade manifol. Let me know if u still intersted.