Notices

SAFC Fuel Management

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SAFC Fuel Management

Hey Guys

Just researching on different management techniques and stuff- I'm really curious as to how the SAFC "hack" works are far as controlling A/F goes- I know it reduces the signal to the MAP to prevent a CEL for positive manifold pressure- Besides using larger injectors and a higher flowing fuel pump; does the SAFC/is the SAFC able to control how much more/less fuel flows to the engine? If it can, how does it work? what do the percentages mean? what should the settings be for an F/I set up?

thanks for all your help

Old 12-12-2004, 12:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SAFC Fuel Management (88redrex)

Search function, my name + AFC hack.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:04 AM

Default Re: SAFC Fuel Management (J. Davis)

In a quick fix

DSM 450's seem to be the norm for hack users because they offer good hp limits and you can still get a nice idle

But what the number mean. Obviously if the 450'cc are working at there stock function, there going to be dumping in tons of fuel and you run pig rich if it runs.

The percentages, -44% , means just that, takes away 44% of the fuel ( I dont know the exact tech geek equation )

You throw down a baseline, most people start with -40 across the board (3000-7000) if there working with a stock D16. Do a nice pull on the street, and judging by your air/fuel readings (way rich, a little rich, maybe lean) you make adjustment in the rpm's until you get them where you like (most like 11.5-12:1 to be safe)

Works best if you have a dyno and can get a readout of your air/fuel or a wideband you can borrow from a buddy

BUT

After typing all that out, Im gonna advise you like most people probably will to stay away from the hack. It ***** around with your timing and Ive seen it do some hefty damage, there are better options

You didnt post your setup or car so I cant help yet. But if your OBD1, you buy a P28 ecu, chip it with a program called UBERDATA. Might cost you $150 for a prechipped ecu, you basically just burn chips and you customize spark/fuel/timing on a chip and put it into your ecu, see how good she goes, take the chip out if you wanna make an adjustment, reburn it, put her back in....

Works best if you have a local tuner so you dont have to buy a chip burner

Theres just so many options and Im just on a 6am ramble

Also if your OBD0, look into Turboedit and check out HomeMadeTurbo.Com, great smart people willing to help you with that program

Time for bed,hope that made a little sense

later