Notices

Running a vacuum log/manifold box off of brake booster...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running a vacuum log/manifold box off of brake booster...

Should I Tee off the brake booster and just run that into the vacuum log. Or should I just run the vacuum log in-line w/the brake booster? Will it make a difference?
Old 11-14-2003, 02:07 PM
TurboJesse

Default Re: Running a vacuum log/manifold box off of brake booster... (ALL MOTOR LS)

i run mine inline with the brake booster..
Old 11-14-2003, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Running a vacuum log/manifold box off of brake booster... (Mpir3)

anyone else?
Old 11-15-2003, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Running a vacuum log/manifold box off of brake booster... (ALL MOTOR LS)

one more time...
Old 11-15-2003, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That will work but i just want to clarify that the vaccum source is going to be the intake manifold, not the booster. Im sure you know that but your 1st post sounded kinda confusing.

Rob
Old 11-15-2003, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Running a vacuum log/manifold box off of brake booster... (rjardy)

Whenever I said brake booster, I meant the brake booster line. So should I Tee off the brake booster line? or run the vacuum log/manifold in-line w/the brake booster line?
Old 11-15-2003, 03:16 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ALL MOTOR LS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Whenever I said brake booster, I meant the brake booster line. So should I Tee off the brake booster line? or run the vacuum log/manifold in-line w/the brake booster line?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Run a vacuum manifold off the brake booster line. Then tap everything into that. Alot cleaner install than running vacuum lines from the brake booster line, intake manifold or compressor housing.
Old 11-15-2003, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Running a vacuum log/manifold box off of brake booster... (TeStUdO)

neither layout will have any performance advantage IF done correctly. They are both ugly IMO.
Old 11-15-2003, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Running a vacuum log/manifold box off of brake booster... (Bailhatch)

i was told they go inline with the booster, i picked one up and is coming in the mial now . anyone have install pics of theirs. ? just to see, im sketchy about tapping into my brake booster though.
Old 11-15-2003, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Running a vacuum log/manifold box off of brake booster... (itr206)

you'll still have brakes if you mess it up. just no power assist. clamp it so it can hold whatever psi you are running.
Old 11-15-2003, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Both ways will work fine. I tee mine off of the brake booster line and it works just fine.
Old 11-15-2003, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Running a vacuum log/manifold box off of brake booster... (TurboCX)

i'm going to T-off my booster line... you can tell where it's going to happen. i just haven't been able to score the right size T or hose yet...

Old 11-15-2003, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Running a vacuum log/manifold box off of brake booster... (pissedoffsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pissedoffsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'm going to T-off my booster line... you can tell where it's going to happen. i just haven't been able to score the right size T or hose yet...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have the exact same setup, except mine is already hooked up

I found all the brass hardware I needed at Home Depot. There isn't a better way to hook up the vacuum log, 6" of hose is not going to change the accuracy/response time.
Old 11-15-2003, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Running a vacuum log/manifold box off of brake booster... (pissedoffsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pissedoffsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'm going to T-off my booster line... you can tell where it's going to happen. i just haven't been able to score the right size T or hose yet...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you drill out that hole by your master cylinder????
Old 11-15-2003, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

naw... i believe it was the crusie control that went through there that has now been ripped out
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TeStUdO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did you drill out that hole by your master cylinder????</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-15-2003, 11:00 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pissedoffsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">naw... i believe it was the crusie control that went through there that has now been ripped out
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh I have a CX, I dont have that hole.
Old 11-16-2003, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

now if it goes inline with the brake booster. wouldnt you poull that big plug on the other side of it and put another nipple?
i wanna see one fully hooked up
Old 11-16-2003, 07:39 AM

Default Re: Running a vacuum log/manifold box off of brake booster... (itr206)

not exactly a closeup, but heres mine and its teed to booster line. no problems at all. **** started workin better when i got rid of all the tees and put this in----&gt;
Old 11-16-2003, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Running a vacuum log/manifold box off of brake booster... (quickda6)

How did you guys mount yours to the firewall?
Old 11-16-2003, 02:12 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ALL MOTOR LS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How did you guys mount yours to the firewall?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Velcro Tape I think most people tap their own screws. I dont know if the Golden Eagle on is different though.
Old 11-16-2003, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TeStUdO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Velcro Tape I think most people tap their own screws. I dont know if the Golden Eagle on is different though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I tapped my own screws with my GE one, its a really simple install, the only pain in the *** is working around the IM and everything else in your bay.
Old 11-16-2003, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Running a vacuum log/manifold box off of brake booster... (mskibbz-T)

what exactly do you mean by, you tap your own screws? My vacuum manifold doesn't have any type of brackets or anything to put a screw through.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ALL MOTOR LS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what exactly do you mean by, you tap your own screws? My vacuum manifold doesn't have any type of brackets or anything to put a screw through.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The GE log has a mounting bracket already on it, I just drilled into my firewall and screwed it on
Old 11-16-2003, 08:28 PM

just wonder if you guys have a JG intake manifold wouldn't you be able to get vacumm from the big plug on the right side or the manifold?
Old 11-16-2003, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Running a vacuum log/manifold box off of brake booster... (untuned)

you could... its another source- but frankly, its a big *** fitting, and finding another part, and blah blah, when all you have to do is t-off.

Quick Reply: Running a vacuum log/manifold box off of brake booster...