Is RSX wideband O2 capable for E85 supercharged?

Old 01-19-2019, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Is RSX wideband O2 capable for E85 supercharged?

I'd like to know if the stock '04 RSX TypeS psuedo wideband 02 sensor is suitable for tuning a supercharged engine running E85? It was recommended to use the stock sensor since it is wideband and the ECU is a PRB K-series one, so...sort of plug and play.

I ask because I've read that AFR's for E85 should be down in the 9.5 range, and perhaps even a little richer if supercharged.

I've also read that the stock 02 sensor for the 04 RSX, while called wideband, only reads down to about 11.7.

Yet, I was told that it should be suitable.

What do you experienced guys think?

Car is a MY04 S2000 running Doctronic ECU (similar to KPro using '04 RSX TypeS)
Old 01-21-2019, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is RSX wideband O2 capable for E85 supercharged?

Originally Posted by davidc View Post
I'd like to know if the stock '04 RSX TypeS psuedo wideband 02 sensor is suitable for tuning a supercharged engine running E85? It was recommended to use the stock sensor since it is wideband and the ECU is a PRB K-series one, so...sort of plug and play.

I ask because I've read that AFR's for E85 should be down in the 9.5 range, and perhaps even a little richer if supercharged.

I've also read that the stock 02 sensor for the 04 RSX, while called wideband, only reads down to about 11.7.

Yet, I was told that it should be suitable.

What do you experienced guys think?

Car is a MY04 S2000 running Doctronic ECU (similar to KPro using '04 RSX TypeS)
No, in my experience, the factory WB02 is fine near stoich, but below 12.x it is supper inaccurate (like a point plus off). I log factory WB02 and my Bosch 4.9. I'd never use the factory to tune.

$0.02

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: