Notices

which route to go with my turbo setup reliablility is key

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which route to go with my turbo setup reliablility is key

i have been jugling what to do with my b18c hatch for a while now and i think i have decided to go turbo.my goal is 220 whp i have a skunk2 im and a rsr exmag exhaust i am looking at the greddy kit cause i like having a braud powerband ..i am a sales rep for skoal and copenhagen and i use my personal car for work and drive 600 miles a week most of it is high way i am just wondering what i should do to keep the car reliable should i go with some forged pistons or a thicker headgasket or what my motor has 41,000 on it what should i do? please get back to me
Old 01-04-2004, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: which route to go with my turbo setup reliablility is key (blkrice)

Messing with the internals shoulden't be nesscary for 220whp. Tuning is going to be one of the biggest things that will affect reliability. At least check to make sure the greddy box is keeping your AF in the right range. The 2nd thing would be the install of the parts, specificly the oil feed. If the oil feed breaks or leaks enough your turbo and engine could be toast. A good clutch will help keep you from getting stranded 100 miles from home with a jammed up pressure plate. There are other things that can break but those 3 stand out in my head. GL