Notices

A review on the greddy E-manage and some pics of the E-01. Not mine though.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 12:21 PM
FabulousSi

Default A review on the greddy E-manage and some pics of the E-01. Not mine though.

I know alot of people wanted a review or experience with the e-manage so I searched the web and found this. Its not a Honda engine that it was on but a mitsu. engine. I hope this helps. This was taken from a mitsu webite.

Greddy E-Manage - Part 1: Overview, Installation, and air-flow adjustments
The Greddy E-Manage is the latest "piggy-back" engine management system which incorporates real-time analysis and tuning with newest technology - while still being extremely affordable and not requiring you to do extreme amounts of re-wiring or gettin grid of factory features provided by the stock engine control unit (ECU).

It is able to be adapted to a wide array of cars as well as uses. It has 256-point (16x16) mapping capabilities for air-flow adjustment, injector pulsewidth adjustments, and ignition timing (+-20).

The E-manage EMS System is a combination of a lot of different modules that all integrate to provide you with a "centralized" management system. It is composed of:

-Main unit - allows you to only adjust on 5 preset rpm points for air-flow adjustments. The e-manage main unit comes with installation and configuration manuals (both english and japanese), main harness and plug, and necessary hex tool to dissasemble the case.
-4 different harnesses (main, injectors, ignition, additional map sensor). Allows you to take additional input from your engine and adjust individual maps for each of those inputs in real-time. The other additional harnesses for fuel and ignition control come in a vaccum-sealed package for each. They are already pre-pinned and ready to be inserted into the E-manage main unit harness plugs. The instructions that come with the additional harnesses are not useful as they are japanese (no english copy), but the instructions that come with the support tool and the main unit are plentiful for information.
-Greddy Profec E-01 electronic boost controller. Allows you to centrally control not only the e-manage (removes the need for the support tool) but also have feedback to your engine management system based on boost i.e. turn down boost if certain conditions occur within your map tables.
-Support Tool. Graphical Windows application to control/monitor realtime/tune your emanage and trully "unlock" all the capabilities for the emanage. The support tool comes with latest CD release as well as manual for installation and configuration of application on your laptop. The documentation also comes in english and japanese versions. The support tool also contains an USB-to-serial cable which allows you to connect your laptop to the E-manage main unit for real-time configuration and analysis.

For as low as $299, you can do the basics. But as you add more of these modules (for an additional cost, of course), you can do some real neat stuff.

Being cost-oriented, I bought the main unit ($299), support tool ($119), injector harness ($35), and ignition harness ($35) bringing total to about US$500 including paypal fee and shipping. This allows me to do a great deal of tuning without starting to take feedback from boost (yet) or breaking the bank.

INSTALLATION:

Installation took longer because I first did not know what to expect from the documentation provided by the product, so i took my time. Your greddy dealer should provide you the original japanese documents as well as english-translated version.

I begun my install by wiring all the extra harnesses into the plug that goes into the e-manage. Here is a word of wisdom:

First layout all your cables and read the diagrams in the english manual that shows the proper way to wire the main, injector, and fuel harnesses into the plugs (there are two plugs, and you need to remove the white backing to insert the wire pins on those plugs).

The english manual has a misprint for the ignition wiring that can cause you problems. They list "Y/B" twice for both the CH3 input and output. It should be "Y/B" (short for Yellow/Black) for CH3 OUT and "Y/W" (
Old 04-03-2003, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A review on the greddy E-manage and some pics of the E-01. Not mine though. (FabulousSi)

holy ****! longest single posted thread ever! Nice DETAILED review!
Old 04-03-2003, 12:36 PM
FabulousSi

Default Re: A review on the greddy E-manage and some pics of the E-01. Not mine though. (LsTurbo91)

holy ****! longest single posted thread ever! Nice DETAILED review!
I didint review it . I found it on a mitsuboard. Good review though.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:47 PM

Default Re: A review on the greddy E-manage and some pics of the E-01. Not mine though. (FabulousSi)

yep people should really start looking into emanage. Its always forgoten about. I run emanage with the support tool,injector harnes,ignition harnes,pressure harness,and i also run the e01. I love it. Greddy
Old 04-03-2003, 01:10 PM
T3
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A review on the greddy E-manage and some pics of the E-01. Not mine though. (civicudesire)

Black Magic turned me away from e-manage...Cant find a review though.

Nice write up...Pretty much summed it up..

I guess this is how to help ya tune the e-manage but I dont know.

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/mor...ge_option.html

Manuals

e-01 http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/e01_manual/

e-manage http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/ema...ual/index.html
Old 04-03-2003, 01:51 PM

Default Re: A review on the greddy E-manage and some pics of the E-01. Not mine though. (civicudesire)

yep people should really start looking into emanage. Its always forgoten about. I run emanage with the support tool,injector harnes,ignition harnes,pressure harness,and i also run the e01. I love it. Greddy
wow I am amazed 1 week ago you didn't know how to do an engine swap.
In one week you did an engine swap, turbo install and had your E-manage tuned.

Without "ANY" problems I"M ******* AMAZED!
Old 04-06-2003, 04:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A review on the greddy E-manage and some pics of the E-01. Not mine though. (T-sohctec)

i got mine and i forgot to order the injector harness ...but if you are using it in a 4 cylinder you have all these extra wire wich i just used and color coded my self for the injector harness saved me the 35 bucks
Old 04-06-2003, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A review on the greddy E-manage and some pics of the E-01. Not mine though. (T-sohctec)

he said he got it from a dsm board.
Old 04-06-2003, 09:26 AM

Default Re: A review on the greddy E-manage and some pics of the E-01. Not mine though. (SiRkid)

i love the looks of the e-01 but, to me, its just asking for trouble...
Old 04-06-2003, 12:18 PM

Default Re: A review on the greddy E-manage and some pics of the E-01. Not mine though. (SpoolinLS)

i love the looks of the e-01 but, to me, its just asking for trouble...
how so?
Old 04-06-2003, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A review on the greddy E-manage and some pics of the E-01. Not mine though. (SilverCivic2k)

i think he means by thieves stealing it.....but its usb so after programing u can hide it away( well thats what i will be doing) im gonna get the eo1 without boost
i figured it this way support tool $130 at mohd.com and a used laptop around 200-400 to run it its cheaper for me to get the eo1 without boost and also that i can get it where i work for cheap
Old 04-12-2003, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A review on the greddy E-manage and some pics of the E-01. Not mine though. (ASHY-ELBOW)

my eyes hurt...
Old 04-13-2003, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A review on the greddy E-manage and some pics of the E-01. Not mine though. (92boostn'hatch)

selling mine brand new with boost sensor and sensor harness
$400 shipped
Old 04-15-2003, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A review on the greddy E-manage and some pics of the E-01. Not mine though. (ASHY-ELBOW)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ASHY-ELBOW &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">selling mine brand new with boost sensor and sensor harness
$400 shipped</TD></TR></TABLE>

might be interested soon... not positive though