Notices

Reverting to stock P28 maps from Hondata

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reverting to stock P28 maps from Hondata

OK I have my hondata from my old setup laying around. With the new built motor in (which is obd1) the car throws CELs as expected. My question is... is there any way to revert back to stock p28 maps? I searched and someone said to cut the jumper J1. Also... where can I find J1? Couldn't find anymore info on that though. Also once I do cut the jumper, do i just solder it back and for it to work with the hondata maps again?
Old 12-02-2003, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Reverting to stock P28 maps from Hondata (CivicRyda2k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicRyda2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OK I have my hondata from my old setup laying around. With the new built motor in (which is obd1) the car throws CELs as expected. My question is... is there any way to revert back to stock p28 maps? I searched and someone said to cut the jumper J1. Also... where can I find J1? Couldn't find anymore info on that though. Also once I do cut the jumper, do i just solder it back and for it to work with the hondata maps again?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can burn stock chips that would make it a stock P28 or you can cut the J1 jumper to put the ECU back to stock. It is marked on the circuit board with "J1".
You will need to put the stock injectors back in.

What code is it throwing?
Old 12-02-2003, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Reverting to stock P28 maps from Hondata (ladysman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ladysman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You can burn stock chips that would make it a stock P28 or you can cut the J1 jumper to put the ECU back to stock. It is marked on the circuit board with "J1".
You will need to put the stock injectors back in.

What code is it throwing?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yah i know i have the stock injectors in now. everything is stock. it's throwing a code for the crank fluctuation sensor or something. i think it's an obd2 thing and the z6 doesn't have it.