Notices

Rev Hard kit oil feed line: do they come with an oil restrictor?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rev Hard kit oil feed line: do they come with an oil restrictor?

Hi guys,

The rev hard kit I ordered should be here in a few days. I know that I'll need an oil restrictor, but I'm not sure if the rev hard oil feed kit comes with one, or if I have to buy it seperately.

Does anybody know?

TIA
Old 12-25-2004, 11:01 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Rev Hard kit oil feed line: do they come with an oil restrictor? (BlueShadow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueShadow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi guys,

The rev hard kit I ordered should be here in a few days. I know that I'll need an oil restrictor, but I'm not sure if the rev hard oil feed kit comes with one, or if I have to buy it seperately.

Does anybody know?

TIA</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, just the -AN size needed for the turbo, which is fine w/ no restrictor. The restrictor is really only needed when going with a Ball-bearing turbo, because it uses much less oil to get keep the bearings going, unlike a floating Journal bearing assembly that most turbos use. It's not needed in your case.
Old 12-25-2004, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Rev Hard kit oil feed line: do they come with an oil restrictor? (BlueShadow)

i think u only need a restrictor when running a 4an line,

that being said my revhard line was 3 an
Old 12-25-2004, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rev Hard kit oil feed line: do they come with an oil restrictor? (slowpokesi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slowpokesi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think u only need a restrictor when running a 4an line,

that being said my revhard line was 3 an</TD></TR></TABLE>

wassup dude,

how long have you had your kit on now? no blue smoke out the tailpipe or any oil in the intake?

EDIT: oh yah, I was wondering what WG you got with your kit too? I'm not sure but I think there might be 2 revhard hybrid kits, so I need to check tomorrow to make sure I ordered the right one. I couldn't ID it in one of the pics of your engine bay. It wasn't a deltagate, and it didn't look like a TIAL.
Old 12-25-2004, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its a turbosmart, it looks as good as a tial, i havent had any boost creep or spikes, or anything, soo to me it works just as good as a tial if not better but thats just my opinion, i can tell you that its not near as tall as a tial wg wich could be an issue depending on the car that its going into etc..

what car is this going in, what motor?

i did have some white smoke for the first couple of days (like 2 or 3 days) but it went away,
Old 12-25-2004, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rev Hard kit oil feed line: do they come with an oil restrictor? (slowpokesi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slowpokesi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its a turbosmart, it looks as good as a tial, i havent had any boost creep or spikes, or anything, soo to me it works just as good as a tial if not better but thats just my opinion, i can tell you that its not near as tall as a tial wg wich could be an issue depending on the car that its going into etc..

what car is this going in, what motor?

i did have some white smoke for the first couple of days (like 2 or 3 days) but it went away,</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's going into my CRX w/ JDM B18C and HCP mount kit. I guess I had better get with Rev Hard tomorrow and make sure they give me the turbosmart.
Old 12-25-2004, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it doesnt matter what size the line is you are still getting the same oil pressure to the turbo 3 an or 4. I've been using 4 an with my setup for a year now with no problems. Just make sure the return line is perfect.
Old 12-25-2004, 05:04 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Rev Hard kit oil feed line: do they come with an oil restrictor? (TheShodan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheShodan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No, just the -AN size needed for the turbo, which is fine w/ no restrictor. The restrictor is really only needed when going with a Ball-bearing turbo, because it uses much less oil to get keep the bearings going, unlike a floating Journal bearing assembly that most turbos use. It's not needed in your case.</TD></TR></TABLE>

also, from what i've read, the GT series BB turbo's already have a restrictor in the chra.

blushadow- what happed to the 7?
Old 12-25-2004, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rev Hard kit oil feed line: do they come with an oil restrictor? (DIRep972)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DIRep972 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> blushadow- what happed to the 7?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It had a little run in with a brick wall at about 45 MPH and totalled it.

It's ok though, in a small way i'm kinda glad that car is gone. For the first time in like 8 years I have not had to worry about car payments.
Old 12-25-2004, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what are you doing for traction bars ? and radiator!

i have a bunch of pics u can check out
http://crxpage.com/images/crx/install/
http://crxpage.com/images/crx/1217/03.jpg
Old 12-25-2004, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slowpokesi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what are you doing for traction bars ? and radiator!

i have a bunch of pics u can check out
http://crxpage.com/images/crx/install/
http://crxpage.com/images/crx/1217/03.jpg</TD></TR></TABLE>

I ordered a FR trac-bar the same day as the revhard kit. I'm having a hard time finding a used EG rad though. I guess if I cant find one, then I'll just get an aluminum one.

Thanks for the links