Notices

Researched and just wanna see what you all think on this setup...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Researched and just wanna see what you all think on this setup...

MOTOR
SuperTech SS Valves & Spring/Retainer
Darton Mid Sleeves Bore .12 or 3mm
Mirco Balance/Polish Crank
Manley Connecting Rods
CP 84mm Pistons & Rings 9.0:1CR
ARP Head Stud Kit
Golden Eagle Head Gasket 84mm
NGK Spark Plugs -8- BKR7E
NGK 8mm Spark Plug Wires
Hondata Intake Gasket
JG Edlebrock Victor X Intake Manifold
Endyn Oil Catch Pan
Precision 1000cc Fuel Injectors
Hondata S200 All Options
Walbro 255lhp HP Fuel Pump
Aeromotive Regulator 10-an/6-an
ERL Performance Fuel Rail
PWR Half Size Radiator
Flex-a-lite Radiator Fan-Black
Kteller 3” SS Cat-Back Exhaust
GM 3 Bar Map Senor

TRANSMISSION
B&M Short Shifter
Quaife LSD
ACT Clutch A14-XTSS
ACT StreetLite Flywheel

TURBO
Garrett GT35R Turbo
Precision AS1025 Intercooler
Tial 38mm Wastegate
Tial 50mm BOV
Custom AC Manifold
Custom Downpipe/Dumptube
Custom 2.5” Turbo Piping
Oil Supply/Return Lines

GAUGES
Autometer Nexus Oil Pressure Gauge
Autometer Nexus Oil Temperature Gauge
Autometer Nexus Boost Gauge
Autometer Nexus EGT Gauge

Ok this is my list of mods for my 00si i am gonna buy another B16a to build with all this and shoot for a 350 to 400whp...i'm just wanting to get everyones opinion on this cause this is what i have came up with from my readings and looking at others setups and dynos etc....the reason for buying another B16a is so i dont have to park my car since i dont have anything else to drive...thanks alot to those that can help me out
Old 04-24-2006, 04:40 PM

seems like overkill for 400hp, setup is good for 600whp with a few minor changes
Old 04-24-2006, 04:52 PM

Default Re: (hybrdthry911)

thanks for the reply but can u be more specific? what is overkill? dont tell me everything just tell me what i should change...i would build it to 600 but then it would be a bitch to drive on the road...so what do i need to change? trully the less i have to put it in less money i waste...cause if i build that setup and its overkill then i would of wasted money for my goal...so just let me know on what to look more into or change thanks
Old 04-24-2006, 06:56 PM

well the gt35r is overkill for 400whp the turbo is good til 600+ a smaller gt30r would be a more streetable turbo if your set on 400whp. the powerband on the 30r would be better. the only thing you would need to upgrade might be your fuel pump and that isnt even necessary. 1000cc injectors would be good for 600whp.

the one thing u would want is an exedy twin disk clutch vs the act if u went with 600whp
Old 04-25-2006, 12:17 AM

so is my list ok besides the turbo for a 400whp car? cause i am asking what i would have to change to keep it at a 400whp car, i'm not thinkin about a 600whp car cause then i have to worry about rollcages and then it would not be a streetable car...so the only suggestion out of this i get is turbo, fuel injectors, clutch, and fuel pump...so is that all that is overkill or is that all i need to change to have 600whp motor, cause i am lookin for 400...so tell me what to chagne to have a 400whp motor comfortably without stressing it to the limit thanks
Old 04-25-2006, 12:03 PM

use a gt30r, and at that level i dont think sleeves are necessary but its always a good measure, just make sure u have a reputable company do the sleeving. 660cc injectors would do fine vs the 1000cc injectors,

how big is the 1025 intercooler? is that the 900hp one?

Old 04-25-2006, 01:30 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybrdthry911 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">use a gt30r, and at that level i dont think sleeves are necessary but its always a good measure, just make sure u have a reputable company do the sleeving. 660cc injectors would do fine vs the 1000cc injectors,

how big is the 1025 intercooler? is that the 900hp one?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok so use the gt30r and the sleeving i am doing no matter what just to be safe like you said...the sleeving i was gonna go thru ERL Performance reputable enough? and go with 660cc injectors and the rest is fine? and no the 1025 FMIC is a 600hp one the 825hp one is the PRE AS 1019 the step down from the 1025 is the 1021 which is a 350hp, so i figured just go up to a 600hp that way i wasnt stressing the FMIC tryin to pull 400hp out of it...but does the rest of hte list look good gauges and all? thanks alot for ur help
Old 04-25-2006, 01:36 PM

Default Re: (McCurry)

ok i was lookin into a price for a gt30r and i found these two turbos which are you talking about i should go with? GT3037R GT3071R
Old 04-25-2006, 01:55 PM

Another thought: why spend the extra money on AN fittings and lines with the aeromotive fpr when you can run an AEM or Synapse and have it bolt straight onto the rail? With either unit you can adjust the flow of the pump as well, not just pressure.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:08 PM

Default Re: (Synapse)

thanks for that tip but i havent heard or read alot about AEM being much good, or i really havent heard much about synapse either...what do they usually run? and if it aint hurting me any on performance just in my cash i wouldnt mind a bit to go with it just as long as it aint a shortcut or something i may run into problems with later on...thanks
Old 04-25-2006, 03:27 PM

either one are bolt onto the rail and can support up to about 1000 HP, they'll work perfect with your Walbro. The point is, less connections, less things that can go wrong later.

http://www.aempower.com
http://www.synapseengineering.....html

Old 04-25-2006, 05:13 PM

which should i go with AEM or Synapse? which has the most well known use? thanks and anyone what about that GT30 turob which one? thanks
Old 04-25-2006, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would say if you had a GSR or LS block...go with the GT35R...my friend runs it in his ITR...making 366whp. He loves it...lots of top end and the tq and power don't drop off above 8k like I've seen the GT30R do.

Personally if I were you...do an LS/Vtec setup instead of the B16 if you want the GT35R otherwise go with the GT30R to reduce lag. Stock sleeves are good to 500whp so no need to sleeve unless you really want oversized pistons.

When comparing my friends 81.5mm GSR to his 84mm GSR...the 84mm only made 4whp and tq more accross the powerband. We think an LS crank would have made a bigger difference with it's longer stroke than the oversized pistons.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Simple SOHC)

Also...one more thing...my friend is running 8XXcc injectors...and they are plenty big for 400whp.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:53 PM

i thought bout runnin a gsr block, but i was told by so many ppl to not waste my money and just stick with a b16...is this true? either way it goes i am buying another motor so i dont have to park my car for a long time...and who makes 8XXcc injectors i have never heard of them? thanks alot of you info and help...
Old 04-25-2006, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Researched and just wanna see what you all think on this setup... (McCurry)

the sleeving is more of a safety thing than anything i know stock sleeves are good for alot more than 400hp but i'm a type of person that i am more safe than sorry
Old 04-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by McCurry &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i thought bout runnin a gsr block, but i was told by so many ppl to not waste my money and just stick with a b16...is this true? either way it goes i am buying another motor so i dont have to park my car for a long time...and who makes 8XXcc injectors i have never heard of them? thanks alot of you info and help...</TD></TR></TABLE>

From what I've seen...with the longer stroke...you get more tq and some more gains...as well as reduce boost lag. The 8XXcc injectors...it's not a brand...I can't remember if they are 850cc 860cc or 880cc sized injectors my friend's car. They are RC Brand injectors.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by McCurry &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the sleeving is more of a safety thing than anything i know stock sleeves are good for alot more than 400hp but i'm a type of person that i am more safe than sorry</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well if you're set on sleeving...you could go for LS/Vtec with 84mm...with the GT35R.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:46 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Simple SOHC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

From what I've seen...with the longer stroke...you get more tq and some more gains...as well as reduce boost lag. The 8XXcc injectors...it's not a brand...I can't remember if they are 850cc 860cc or 880cc sized injectors my friend's car. They are RC Brand injectors.

Well if you're set on sleeving...you could go for LS/Vtec with 84mm...with the GT35R.</TD></TR></TABLE>

see there are so many options...B16, B18c, LS/Vtec, which should i go with? power goal is 400hp...and i know those injectors wasn't the brand i asked you who made them cause i have never heard of a style 8XXcc injectors...and why just cause i am set on sleeving should i go to a LS/Vtec bored to 84mm? cause i need a little reasoning behind each choose...thanks
Old 04-25-2006, 11:53 PM

I'm biased on Synapse for obvious reasons . But it is the only FPR that eliminates the use of a diaphragm that exists on every FPR out there.

I'll back it up with this as well, just like the way we always took care of Missing Link customers, even if it was user error 99% of the time, if you have any issues with a production FPR, we'll swap it out within 6 months for an individually tested and verified replacement.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:38 AM

well that is good to know....looks like if i go with that FPR i need to order it last lol...cause this project may take me a while lol thanks for the tip and info
Old 04-26-2006, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Researched and just wanna see what you all think on this setup... (McCurry)

bump...
Old 04-27-2006, 01:02 PM

still wondering about the GT30 turbo and which would be best, or if i should stick to a b16 or go to a b18 or a ls/vtec....does my setup still look to much overkill...anyone? thanks
Old 04-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got a b16 block if you want just let me know and we can negotiate. It has been sitting here for over a year waiting for a build but I got a ls. Your setup will get you to like 500+ easy. The b16a will also allow you to drive the car without spinning the tires every time you hit the throttle due to the initial low torque, but then the topend will be nutz.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Researched and just wanna see what you all think on this setup... (drintegra)

so should i build the list i have...just to remind people it will take me awhile to build it lol...but should i go for that even though i only want 400? cause more would be awesome but i dont think it would be ideal for driving on the streets every once and a while...thanks alot
Old 04-27-2006, 04:42 PM

and what about the turbo lol....there are 2 different types of gt30r's which one?

Quick Reply: Researched and just wanna see what you all think on this setup...