Request Suggestions:Stock Driveshafts For K-Swapped EG Turbo For "Roll-Racing" - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Forced Induction

Request Suggestions:Stock Driveshafts For K-Swapped EG Turbo For "Roll-Racing"

Old 03-14-2017, 02:03 PM   #1
Honda-Tech Member

Default Request Suggestions:Stock Driveshafts For K-Swapped EG Turbo For "Roll-Racing"

I posted this here vs drag racing, as I have no intentions to launch it/etc, and sheer the teeth from the trans or twist the stock shafts. When I say "roll racer", think those 1320 TX2K vids you see, i'll post some relevant info about the car. CC twin disk, RSX 6spd, 225 R888s, OEM Honda EP3 x RSX shafts, eg8: CUT/gutted should be under 1900 lbs. It should have no issues breaking into the low 600s power wise. I see cars for sale locally on stock shafts and on here even, with again stock shafts? i'd just like to know others experiences with OEM Honda shafts.
Car will see very little street use other than to get to the "events".
B_Swapped93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:29 PM   #2

Default re: Request Suggestions:Stock Driveshafts For K-Swapped EG Turbo For "Roll-Racing"

I noticed you don't have an LSD listed. That tends to put people more towards aftermarket shafts than OEM. OEM lasts for a while, but on Twin Disk clutchs, you want to use aftermarket due to the sheer shock that the shaft hubs experience, even in "roll racing" or "Highway Runs".
TheShodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:23 PM   #3
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stock driveshafts on EG8 turbo K "roll racer".

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShodan View Post
I noticed you don't have an LSD listed. That tends to put people more towards aftermarket shafts than OEM. OEM lasts for a while, but on Twin Disk clutchs, you want to use aftermarket due to the sheer shock that the shaft hubs experience, even in "roll racing" or "Highway Runs".
Yah, no LSD or plans for one, hate to ask such a simple question. But should I be matching the power level to the shaft EX: "DSS 2.9 475hp" or the "3.9 600 hp", the 3.9 is getting pretty pricy, I assumed cause I'm not launching it I could get away with a lesser shaft? i'm not expecting this car to last much more than a few months, i'm stretching the pump gas limits as it. Granted no short cuts/hacks have been taken, I just don't expect it to last long with 600hp stock(springs+retainers) k20 on pump.

Or even the level "0"? OEM Honda stock shafts are rather hard to find here, so i'd be limited to part-source shafts once my OEM ones ate it.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:58 PM   #4
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Request Suggestions:Stock Driveshafts For K-Swapped EG Turbo For "Roll-Racing"

Look into "Insane Shafts". Price is much lower than DSS and (based on what I've heard) their quality is just as good. They have a 500HP package that should be fine for you if you aren't planning on launching the car.

I'm planning on using Insane Shafts on my upcoming build, so soon I can speak from experience.
Chance EG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 02:13 PM   #5
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Request Suggestions:Stock Driveshafts For K-Swapped EG Turbo For "Roll-Racing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance EG View Post
Look into "Insane Shafts". Price is much lower than DSS and (based on what I've heard) their quality is just as good. They have a 500HP package that should be fine for you if you aren't planning on launching the car.

I'm planning on using Insane Shafts on my upcoming build, so soon I can speak from experience.
Thanks, i'll ask my parts supplier next time i'm there, forgot about them. DSS mainly comes up when you google this type of stuff.