Notices

replace Moroso Open air breather tank by two mini filters?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 01:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replace Moroso Open air breather tank by two mini filters?

Hi, I tried to install the Moroso breather tank yesterday and was be very difficult put this in wall becouse Ive an EG6 and left side I have ABS conectors, right power steering hoses and front I have lc1 wideband, vacuum manifold, etc,,

so I though remove the tank and install two mini filters directly pluged into engine block (or with a hose to another location)

this minifilters have a internal check-ball to allow ventilation while still keeping out dirt and water

or this filters than seem more ventilated but engine could get dirt:

So any prob replacing the tank with this type of filters? Its better first or second?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english im Spanish .
Old 12-10-2007, 03:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wont work, the purpose of the tank is to catch the oil forced up the lines by crankcase pressure. It will work if you dont mind the idea of shitting oil all over the ground, and then spinning out in the oil and wrecking.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:39 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: replace Moroso Open air breather tank by two mini filters? (ferrallas)

Horrible Idea... You are going to get oil everywhere.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:07 AM

Default Re: replace Moroso Open air breather tank by two mini filters? (White Smoke)

My idea was put the filters in top of the wall

ok so another question, what about the second line of the stock breather tank (the line that returns to block), is better use this line as drainback line or tap them and use one of the two block fittings as evacuation/drainback?

Thanks
Old 12-10-2007, 06:21 AM

Default Re: replace Moroso Open air breather tank by two mini filters? (ferrallas)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ferrallas &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My idea was put the filters in top of the wall

ok so another question, what about the second line of the stock breather tank (the line that returns to block), is better use this line as drainback line or tap them and use one of the two block fittings as evacuation/drainback?

Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

NO you still cannot use just filters. as for the drainback that is completely up to you. Some people will tell you not too because of the junk they find in the can but it came out of the motor in the first place so its fine. Either way will be just fine