Notices

Replace F22 Stock MAP with Motorola 2.5bar

Old 07-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Replace F22 Stock MAP with Motorola 2.5bar

Can this sensor be used as a stock replacement for an N/A stock F22?

I have the sensor and understand the hookup. I do however have questions concerning how people are mounting them and what their results are. Especially the ones who have 'hacked' up the stock sensor assembly's to incorporate this new one within the original package.

I'd like pics or best descriptions on how they did this. I'm pretty set on mounting in the engine bay and could put the control box back on after everything is done and working.

I ask because I have one original MAP assembly and don't want to hack it up and re-wire the Motorola to the harness if the sensor isn't going to do it's job and let the motor run the way it should.

Thanks in advance, and yes, I've looked through a lot of threads and even been waiting a couple days for people to return PM's, but haven't gotten anything I'm looking for yet.

(I figure when I solder up the Motorola I will just use heat shrink on the wire leads and the exposed pins to keep them from moisture and contacting stuff they shouldn't)
Old 07-29-2011, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Replace F22 Stock MAP with Motorola 2.5bar

Originally Posted by LawlessOne
Can this sensor be used as a stock replacement for an N/A stock F22?

I have the sensor and understand the hookup. I do however have questions concerning how people are mounting them and what their results are. Especially the ones who have 'hacked' up the stock sensor assembly's to incorporate this new one within the original package.

I'd like pics or best descriptions on how they did this. I'm pretty set on mounting in the engine bay and could put the control box back on after everything is done and working.

I ask because I have one original MAP assembly and don't want to hack it up and re-wire the Motorola to the harness if the sensor isn't going to do it's job and let the motor run the way it should.

Thanks in advance, and yes, I've looked through a lot of threads and even been waiting a couple days for people to return PM's, but haven't gotten anything I'm looking for yet.

(I figure when I solder up the Motorola I will just use heat shrink on the wire leads and the exposed pins to keep them from moisture and contacting stuff they shouldn't)
Are you running a chipped ECU? You have to run a chipped ECU in order to calibrate the new MAP sensor. It won't work on a stock ECU.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Replace F22 Stock MAP with Motorola 2.5bar

which means I have to figure out how to chip the ECU and need a program to tune it, correct?

and we're talking like $300+