Notices

removing turbo oil lines from d16

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removing turbo oil lines from d16

hey guys
new here and a total newbie to engine modifications (besides the basic ****). my car previously had a turbo kit on it, i removed most of it but the turbo oil lines. i know what do to but was wondering about the sensor. after i take out the turbo line with its sensor on it where can i get an oem replcement one to put back on the car? or can i reuse the one on the turbo line?
thanks a lot, trying to get my car back on the road asap so please any help would be great!
Old 03-21-2016, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: removing turbo oil lines from d16

Originally Posted by EKpeg
hey guys
new here and a total newbie to engine modifications (besides the basic ****). my car previously had a turbo kit on it, i removed most of it but the turbo oil lines. i know what do to but was wondering about the sensor. after i take out the turbo line with its sensor on it where can i get an oem replcement one to put back on the car? or can i reuse the one on the turbo line?
thanks a lot, trying to get my car back on the road asap so please any help would be great!
typically when going turbo most ppl use a t fitting and put the oil sensor on the t fitting, in that situation remove t fitting from block, install sensor into block in same location the t fitting was installed. Done

If you want a new sensor get it from the dealer or find a used one on ebay
Old 03-21-2016, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like he already has the stock switch, it should go right into your block threading no issues
Old 03-21-2016, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

okay cool thanks a lot guys,
just to be on the safe side i might just take it to the shop. so the oil sensor is T'ed with the oil line if i got that correctly.
appreciate the quick response!
Old 03-21-2016, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EKpeg
okay cool thanks a lot guys,
just to be on the safe side i might just take it to the shop. so the oil sensor is T'ed with the oil line if i got that correctly.
appreciate the quick response!
no I dont think your hearing me correctly...

you are removing the turbo system correct? where does the oil line goto? (multiple ways to to do this and im not sure what your working with...pics?)

anyway If I understood your original post, you are removing the turbo, and the turbo feed line currently goes to the back of the block?

If this is the case remove the oil line completely, remove the T fitting, remove the sensor from the t fitting, toss the oil line and t fitting (or sell it) then reinstall the sensor back into the block

then get a cap for the drain (the one that goes to the oil pan) and cap off whatever fitting is on there so your not leaking oil all over the place

again pics would help as Im kinda just trying to imagine what you are dealing with
Old 03-21-2016, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wind the OEM sensor back in carefully too. I've seen a few people break off the thread that's part of the block.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the responses guys, ill take it out and put in back in this weekend. okay ill be careful thanks for the tip!
Old 03-24-2016, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Yea my buddy took a chunk of the block out trying to take one of those off once. What a mess lol