Notices

remote turbo system. some thing i read in HCI

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote turbo system. some thing i read in HCI

in the new HCI magazine they have an article on a remote turbo system for an acura integra. its called a SQUIRES TURBO SYSTEM and everything mounts to the back of the vehicle. (where the spare tire is). this turbo system only has a turbo, wastegate, air filter, and piping. its SUPPOSED to make a large amount of power w/ no turbo lag. Has anyone heard of these?
Old 01-14-2005, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: remote turbo system. some thing i read in HCI (h22boy)

a couple of months ago turbo mag did an article on them a company makes them for full size trucks and suv's no need for an intercooler the piping is coated and serves as the ic not really sure about the lag issue though
Old 01-14-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Re: remote turbo system. some thing i read in HCI (B20TDC2)

hmm, mabe i'll put my turbo in my trunk... or mabe i'll run a twin turbo, one under the hood, one in the trunk... damn i need a transmission
Old 01-15-2005, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn near wierd setup if you ask me. i like the traditional way
Old 01-15-2005, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i also think there was a sort of counter article that talked about exhaust gas power, and efficiency as far as where the best area to place a turbo as far as getting power out of them and it proved the best place is as close to the manifold as possible.

im thinking that the exhaust was weakend as it traveled thru the exhaust and it would take a larger displacement such as an LS1 to make any sort of power.

i have seen these on LS1s but havent seen any real claims, i also wouldnt want my filter and turbo inlet exposed to the ground or weather or anything
Old 01-15-2005, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mrbsponge)

Do a search on "sts turbo" there have been a ton of threads about this....

STS systems work well on trucks and domestics where there isn't much room under the hood but on imports there is no need for it... there are already a lot of other nice kits on the market...

Also, don't knock an STS kit until you have driven a car with one... they work well!

I know Bill Squires, Ben Cahoon (the CEO) and the rest of the guys down there at STS. They are doing a good job at making these kits for many different applications. I told them to stay out of the import market, but who knows if they will listen to me!

Anyways, they did just win the new product of the year award at SEMA, which is quite an accomplishment for them. You can check out their web site for lots of good information about their company and their product... There are also some cool videos on that site
Old 01-15-2005, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EJ1 wilcox)

check out the website they have a couple of videos you can watch about it. I think it a pretty good idea less install time and no need for funky expensive manifolds but you difinitely won't be able to lower your car and I think its overpriced especially overpriced $4000
Old 01-15-2005, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EJ1 wilcox)

check out the website they have a couple of videos you can watch about it. I think it a pretty good idea less install time and no need for funky expensive manifolds but you definitely won't be able to lower your car and I think its overpriced especially overpriced $4000

http://www.ststurbo.com/acura___honda
Old 01-16-2005, 10:11 AM

Default Re: (mrbsponge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrbsponge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i have seen these on LS1s but havent seen any real claims, i also wouldnt want my filter and turbo inlet exposed to the ground or weather or anything</TD></TR></TABLE>
i saw this setup for the first time on a newer ls1 camaro, i thought the placement of the kit was weird,but it was still so so sick
Old 01-16-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Re: remote turbo system. some thing i read in HCI (B20TDC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B20TDC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a couple of months ago turbo mag did an article on them a company makes them for full size trucks and suv's no need for an intercooler the piping is coated and serves as the ic not really sure about the lag issue though</TD></TR></TABLE>

If there's no need for an intercooler, how come LS1 guys are seeing 200+ degree IAT's without intercoolers, and seeing big gain by intercooling their remote systems?
Old 01-16-2005, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i just checked out that site. it's a real stealthy setup, i'll give it that. The wasegate looks awful close to the tire tho.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thunder Racing down runs it on one of their cars.

I was at the track and looked over to a buddy and said that car sounded very odd. So I watched it the next time and saw somehting in the rear. After a look at in the pits this is what I found.

http://www.thunderracing.com/p...id=92