Notices

relable greddy turbo kit, Why?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default relable greddy turbo kit, Why?

As it said above, Why are the greddy turbo kits rated as the reliable way to turbo a honda.
I know the greddy kits dont make alot of power but is that the only resion.
There must be more that.

By the way I'm in the UK and trying to make a kit that is relable.
So if anybody would like to put any ideas why they are it would be nice.

Thanks.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: relable greddy turbo kit, Why? (NOSED_CRX_VTEC)

they are reliablefor the main fact that the tune they use is hella conservative. Reliability usually means the quality of the tune, have a shitty tune and then you have no reliability, great tune (which may be conservative) will be much better and you wont have to worry about **** breaking on you.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: relable greddy turbo kit, Why? (NOSED_CRX_VTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOSED_CRX_VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As it said above, Why are the greddy turbo kits rated as the reliable way to turbo a honda.
I know the greddy kits dont make alot of power but is that the only resion.
There must be more that.

By the way I'm in the UK and trying to make a kit that is relable.
So if anybody would like to put any ideas why they are it would be nice.

Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Search around if you don't think they make good power. Gentelman on here just did 306 to the wheels on a "stock" 19T turbo.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: relable greddy turbo kit, Why? (Hybrid93Eg)

a guy also did 306whp with the 19t the turbo's though in general run out of juice or are outgrown by the driver
Old 11-20-2005, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: relable greddy turbo kit, Why? (Soccerking3000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Soccerking3000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a guy also did 306whp with the 19t the turbo's though in general run out of juice or are outgrown by the driver</TD></TR></TABLE>

What the hell.. I meant to say 306... Let me edit that post. don't know why I put 206.. lol
Old 11-20-2005, 02:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

making that much power is not utilizing the stock kit. they also arent "reliable" at those power levels. the greddy kit is "reliable" becuase it runs relatively low boost, on a very conservative tune, with a small turbo.

sure, power can be made, but its not considered "reliable" as the kit is intended.

can 300hp on a greddy kit be reliable? sure, but its not what greddy intended when they labeled their kit as so.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (91civicDXdude)

yeah the kit is for sure reliable, its the closest thing on the market that you can call a complete turbo kit aside from the Edelbrock kit which is way over priced. You can find the greddy kit for about $2000 for the b-series (18g) kit or for the d-series (19T) for around $1500 if not less. and just because greddy makes the intercooler kit for it($600+) doesnt mean that you cant fab up your own. Speaking from an owner of an 18g greddy kit for almost 2 years, i can say that its really fun for the street and lights up lots of mustangs and ****, but if you are looking for power definitly go with something bigger like a t/3-t/4 based turbo, it will give you a lot more room to work with, and you dont have to mess with the touchy internal wastegate and boost spiking issues when you want to increase boost. JMO
Old 11-20-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: (urbansi)

Thanks for your info.
Good to see a good tech type reply.
why i ask is i've made big power with the big price ticket to match and now i just want something that a bit more street not drag.
Having got to my goal and popped nother built motor i'm going to build a kit with low power (not to low) but making it more relable on a stock motor.

Maybe in 6 months or so when i've made a bit of cash i'll get the Darton sleaves that are sitting under my bed fitted into one of the 3 B's i have sitting in my shed and go at it again but this time with 2 time more power.(that way my little rex mite be the fastest in the uk).

Thanks again.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:45 PM

i got a greddy kit on my car, im ive outgrown it like someone said...i want something that bigger and pulls harder
Old 11-20-2005, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wdstkd16)

if you want something more streetable, just get a b18c1 and slap a gt28rs on there, you wont be disappointed, awesome midrange and spool, cant beat that
Old 11-21-2005, 05:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Soccerking3000)

i would agree peice together a kit you wont grow out of. because i had that problem and believe me you will want a bigger turbo that flows more CFM, and is more reliable at higher PSI. the 18G is an awsome way to get into the game, and its easy to put on, if you have the directions and stuff so just make sure you do the homework before you get into whatever you are going to get into.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:15 AM

Default Re: (EK_GSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EK_GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i would agree peice together a kit you wont grow out of. because i had that problem and believe me you will want a bigger turbo that flows more CFM, and is more reliable at higher PSI. the 18G is an awsome way to get into the game, and its easy to put on, if you have the directions and stuff so just make sure you do the homework before you get into whatever you are going to get into.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have been there and done that.
I made a kit up and had a t3/t4 which made good power on the built engine but it now it has a cracked liner and till i have the money to get the new mid's fitted, buy new rods, pistons and a new t3/t4 i'm just going make the car more of a street/track car and use a small turbo(maybe a t3 as in the UK you can get a good second hand unit for £50) and a good tune on the stock engine.
Plus with the car not being drag raced all the time it going to give me more time to fine tune the cars setup (brakes, suspension, safety)

I just wanted to check on what made some off the shelf kit Greddy being one of them more relable then others.

Thanks again for the info.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NOSED_CRX_VTEC)

any1 interested in an 18 with dp