Notices

Redoing my whole turbo setup.. best bang for the buck? b16

Old 12-22-2004, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redoing my whole turbo setup.. best bang for the buck? b16

hey guys i have a 91 honda crx b16a turbo. currently running a greddy 15g turbo. i hit 233 whp on 9 psi..
Pre rebuild set up
greddy d series manifold
greddy 15 g turbo
internal wastegate
johnny race car 5inch intercooler
450cc injectors
hondata stage 2b
2 1/4 inch downpipe

my new goal is 350 whp
i am planning on selling my turbo, manifold and wastegate and intercooler
I just got a new intercooler for cheap. twice as big. i am keeping the hondata 2b and the 450cc injectors for now. where can i find the cheapest injectors if i need bigger? 550cc? i am going to build the engine with pistons and rods. I have arp head studs also. walbro 255 fuel pump too.

what brand pistons are the cheapest? if you happen to konw of a brand thats cheap please link me for all parts. 9.5 too low?

rods. cheapest?

manifold. prefrebly good to 4-500 horespower. waht fits in a crx with a b series?

CHEAPEST? i cant stress this enough. i want quality and performance not a name.

wastegate? how big? how mucH?

turbo... i am in a toss up. cheapturbo.com has the t3/to4e 60.63 for about 600. is the gt3255 good for this setup>? how much is it?

intercooler piping.. who has the cheapest? jc whitney?

oil lines? i want adjustable oil pressure. flamenco T ?

intake manifold aebs for 200 yay.
port matched intaked manifold gastket

gsr cams?cheap and effective?

crossmember/tractrion bar. cheapest? jim fab?

thank you for helping me to make my decsions. i just want a cost effective setup. that will hit 350 whp or more on pump gas. 233whp doesnt do her for me anymore.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Redoing my whole turbo setup.. best bang for the buck? b16 (NotPhilTran)

bump for being slow.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:40 AM

Default Re: Redoing my whole turbo setup.. best bang for the buck? b16 (NotPhilTran)

Old 12-23-2004, 10:20 AM

[All the pistons are pretty much the same in terms of cost, it's hard to go wrong with anybody. 9.5:1 compression is most definitely not too low, but personally I would just run a flat top pistons (9:1 CR) and be done with it.

For rods, it's hard to go wrong with Eagle's.

For a manifold: blox, revhard, drag, inline pro, etc. search the classifieds, there are lots of manifolds for sale.

For the turbo a cheapturbo T3/TO4E 57 trim would work great, and there's a lot being sold in the classifieds.

JC whitney or any local steel place can supply the mandrel bends, paint it or get it powdercoated to prevent rust

Flamenco-T/Fast-Turbo is a good place to go for the oil lines, stud kits, etc

The jimfab traction bars are 350, the full race ones are 450. Take your pick.

GSR cams will provide a solid HP increase, but they wouldn't be on my list of things to get if you're on a really tight budget.

If you're buying stuff new, the best place to go is the H-T Sponsors Classifieds section. You get amazing prices from people with great reputations, and it helps keep HT going.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Default Re: Redoing my whole turbo setup.. best bang for the buck? b16 (@lbert)

How high were you revving to with the 15G on your B16?
Old 12-23-2004, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Redoing my whole turbo setup.. best bang for the buck? b16 (boostincoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostincoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How high were you revving to with the 15G on your B16? </TD></TR></TABLE>

8000rpm

Old 12-23-2004, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Redoing my whole turbo setup.. best bang for the buck? b16 (@lbert)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by @lbert &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">[All the pistons are pretty much the same in terms of cost, it's hard to go wrong with anybody. 9.5:1 compression is most definitely not too low, but personally I would just run a flat top pistons (9:1 CR) and be done with it.

For rods, it's hard to go wrong with Eagle's.

For a manifold: blox, revhard, drag, inline pro, etc. search the classifieds, there are lots of manifolds for sale.

For the turbo a cheapturbo T3/TO4E 57 trim would work great, and there's a lot being sold in the classifieds.

JC whitney or any local steel place can supply the mandrel bends, paint it or get it powdercoated to prevent rust

Flamenco-T/Fast-Turbo is a good place to go for the oil lines, stud kits, etc

The jimfab traction bars are 350, the full race ones are 450. Take your pick.

GSR cams will provide a solid HP increase, but they wouldn't be on my list of things to get if you're on a really tight budget.

If you're buying stuff new, the best place to go is the H-T Sponsors Classifieds section. You get amazing prices from people with great reputations, and it helps keep HT going.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am leaning towards flat top pistons. i just wish someone had a similar b16 setup so i can see what im approx gonna see.

do you think a t3/to4e 60 82 is too big? my friend has a brand new one with a tial 38 mm wastegate. for a decently good deal. whats the whp power range on this?

is blox good for 350-400whp? is it the cheapest?

man i wish that full race traction bar is cheaper.
thanks for your imput I almost forgot about the blox manifold.