Notices

Recommendation for a Brand of Ramhorn Turbo Manifold for B-series

Old 04-18-2007, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendation for a Brand of Ramhorn Turbo Manifold for B-series

I'm in the market to buy a Ramhorn turbo manifold for my car. I've found the OBX SS manifold, but i've heard some good and some horror stories about OBX brand. Does any1 here have any experience w/ OBX specifically w/ this manifold? Or does any1 else recommend another manufacturer that's more reliable?

Thanks in Advance!
Old 04-18-2007, 04:09 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Recommendation for a Brand of Ramhorn Turbo Manifold for B-series (acerz007)

wait for the peakboost and full race bandwagoners

Old 04-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Recommendation for a Brand of Ramhorn Turbo Manifold for B-series (doood)

We have 2 cars in the shop both the broken ssauto/OBX/Megan/XSpowa manifolds we're replacing.

You should buy a good one the first time, ( Not a "here today building manifold, F everyone tomorrow " Outfit) or buy 20 E- ghey ones and get good a changing them.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:55 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: Recommendation for a Brand of Ramhorn Turbo Manifold for B-series (CRVRX)

There are several different companies making ramhorn manifolds. Arizona Forced Induction, Peakboost, are just to name a few. Full-Race also makes a great manifold but I must say its not cheap. I think you will get the same performance from an AFI manifold or Peakboost for a fraction of the full-race price. Tuner toys, RLD Fab are a few others. research each company and decide for yourself what suits you best
Old 04-18-2007, 08:54 PM

Thanks for that list SD_Lurker. I checked them out and it seems that Full-Race is the one to beat. With a price of $1000USD, i may have to go another route. I've checked the other manifolds out there that you mentioned, and some of them got some iffy weld jobs that didn't sit well w/ me. I don't know if it's just my cosmetic preference or what though.

CRVRX: Thanks for that info on the OBX manifold. I've also heard of one person who's got a cracked manifold but was re-welded. Though this lasted him a year or so.

Would there be any significant power reduction if I ended up getting someone to do a DIY ramhorn compared to these brand name manifolds?
Old 04-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Talk to Craig at Tuner Toys. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i was once in the same situation deciding on what turbo manifold will last me a long time and abling me to make 650hp in the future.
FULL-RACE prostreet manifold was what I came to purchase. Kinda pricy, but works great, looks great, and still no cracks. Hope it helps.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

NEUKIN is exactly the competition for full race and with the lower price tag so it gets my vote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (tony413)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony413 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NEUKIN is exactly the competition for full race and with the lower price tag so it gets my vote</TD></TR></TABLE>

hah...
Old 04-19-2007, 06:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tony413)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony413 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NEUKIN is exactly the competition for full race and with the lower price tag so it gets my vote</TD></TR></TABLE>

loll
Old 04-19-2007, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Default Re: (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hah...</TD></TR></TABLE>

See, I'm not contesting that Full-Race is the **** because they are. But why do people laugh when others say that LoveFab, Neukin, AFI, Peakboost, etc...are GREAT competition for Full-Race?

What makes them SOOOOO on another level, ya know? I understand and respect the large amount of market experience Full-Race has over these newer companies, but seriously has there been a true ramhorn competition test yet to prove that Full-Race makes the best manifolds bar none?
Old 04-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (boostincoupe)

Word. Personally I would pick any of those and am sure they all perform great. For the cheaper price tag you can't beat em.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

afi all the way comes with a warrenty .. not that it needs one also u can get a 44 wg instead of a 38mm i dont think for race offers that but they discontinued them for a similar but better setup
Old 04-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (boost4life)

I ran Neukin A/C manifold with a t67/t3 bb Garrett. The manifold construction is top notch, considering that it is hand crafted not robotic welded. I suggest the non-A/C manifold still because it gets tight trying to fit everything in ther. So I can vouch for Alex Neukin because it is a quality product. The other manifolds are also good as well. Peakboost, AFI, and the rest of those manifolds are good quality too. Of course Full-Race is in ther own league with ther Nasa equipment. On my next project I will be using a Inline Pro T4 manifold or maybe Full-Race if I have the money. Also how much power you trying too make?

Old 04-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (VtecCarHauler)

call jg-fab.com first before any of the choices, youll be suprized what he can do
Old 04-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VtecCarHauler)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VtecCarHauler &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I ran Neukin A/C manifold with a t67/t3 bb Garrett. The manifold construction is top notch, considering that it is hand crafted not robotic welded. I suggest the non-A/C manifold still because it gets tight trying to fit everything in ther. So I can vouch for Alex Neukin because it is a quality product. The other manifolds are also good as well. Peakboost, AFI, and the rest of those manifolds are good quality too. Of course Full-Race is in ther own league with ther Nasa equipment. On my next project I will be using a Inline Pro T4 manifold or maybe Full-Race if I have the money. Also how much power you trying too make?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

thank you

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostincoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

See, I'm not contesting that Full-Race is the **** because they are. But why do people laugh when others say that LoveFab, Neukin, AFI, Peakboost, etc...are GREAT competition for Full-Race?

What makes them SOOOOO on another level, ya know? I understand and respect the large amount of market experience Full-Race has over these newer companies, but seriously has there been a true ramhorn competition test yet to prove that Full-Race makes the best manifolds bar none? </TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly anyone can autocad a good design also the same results have been produced on the neukin compared to the full-race thats why it gets my support. no problem netttin over 800hp on those mani's
Old 04-19-2007, 03:00 PM
New User

Full Race or PeakBoost They both been around for awhile , what good is a lifetime warranty if the company is not around 2 years later. One ***?
Old 04-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostincoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What makes them SOOOOO on another level, ya know? I understand and respect the large amount of market experience Full-Race has over these newer companies, but seriously has there been a true ramhorn competition test yet to prove that Full-Race makes the best manifolds bar none? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I totally agree, I am also in the market for a manifold and i asked a similar question to yours " whats make full race better then say brand x " but that thread went to ****. I personally reached a decision that majority of the band wagons get started when kids/inexperienced see the popular guys on this forum run 9's and think it was because a one product when the bigger picture is it was the WHOLE setup. I asked a straight forward to the point question in the other post what makes full race better ? and i have yet to get the answer. I mean I've heard that full race uses robotic welds, will never crack, looks sexy as hell, but where's the dyno graph that show' it's performance superiority?

I have and idea to end all this back and forth Brand x vs full race, but i don't have the resources. I wish some body would dyno an off the shelf FR Mani vs another worthy competitor so we can please get to the bottom of this once and for all.
Then who knows it might make these band wagoners think twice/educate them which ever comes first.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Desir Performance)

There's more to being the "best" than making the most power. The construction of the manifold is just as important. The fact that full race's manifolds are robotic tig welded and are damn near perfect from a fabrication standpoint means alot. You can't say that joe blow's manifold might not be welded as good, but is just as good of a manifold, because it's not if it's not as good of quality. Whether that quality is needed in each application is up to the end user, but the bottom line is that the better quality manifold is likely a better overall manifold. There are a lot of little things that make a difference.

Full Race shapes the runner to the shape of the port, this is more work, but is a smoother transition from oval to round. Many others use the flange that BMC makes that transitions from oval to round in the flange, you can't make that transition smooth in 1/2". They do it because it's easier, not because it's better.

Collector entry into turbine flange, full race headers match up better than any other i've seen. Most make no attempt to fit the collector properly, or even at least blend the two together with a grinder.

All welds are backpurged, always. Most others are only sometimes at best.

Quality of welds, nobody that's making manifolds welded by hand has 100% penetration on all runner welds, the robotic welds are. Hand welded manifolds generally have some spots that get full penetration if any at all.

Anybody who looks at the manifold industry and says so and so's manifold makes the same power as full race, it's the same thing, is just ignorant.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well put tony. anbody else have input?
Old 04-19-2007, 05:20 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Desir Performance &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well put tony. anbody else have input?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree with what Tony said BUT most importantly that 4 out of 5 Dentists recommend Full Race.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Full-Race FTW Nothing better, I have seen them all and there is Nothing better period!
Old 04-19-2007, 05:27 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I agree with what Tony said BUT most importantly that 4 out of 5 Dentists recommend Full Race. </TD></TR></TABLE>

did the 5th dentist recommend ssautochrome?
Old 04-19-2007, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (gunslinger)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gunslinger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Full-Race FTW Nothing better, I have seen them all and there is Nothing better period!</TD></TR></TABLE>

This man speaks the truth, he's been around the block with these things, unfortunately learning the hard way.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:35 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This man speaks the truth, he's been around the block with these things, unfortunately learning the hard way.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeap.....learning the hard way boy dont i know better after dealing with CRPturbo

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Recommendation for a Brand of Ramhorn Turbo Manifold for B-series