Notices

Recirculated BOVs / blow off valves and my sleeper setup plans.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Recirculated BOVs / blow off valves and my sleeper setup plans.

I am about to do this after my first month with boost. I'm just getting sick of hearing my blow off valve. People keep trying to race me, and it's doing a pretty good job of turning my car into a cop magnet. I want my car to be a sleeper. No, I don't think you get it. SLEEEEEEEEEEPPPPEEERRRRRRRRR! jeah f00

Check it:

-Recirculate BOV
-Recirculate wastegate
-Take out test pipe, install high flow cat
-Install 24" resonator
-Install liquid to air intercooler (eventually)
-Install some sort of sound deadening around / near exhaust underneath car. ( I'm doing this to reduce cabin exhaust noise, but I'm sure it will quiet the outside exhaust noise also.)

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Modified by full Circling at 10:57 PM 4/9/2007
Old 04-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Recirculated BOVs / blow off valves and my sleeper setup plans. (full Circling)

you dont have to drive around blowin off all the time. anyway i think if you take out the test pipe, recirculate the wg, and install the resonator you should quiet it up a lot. you will be sacrificing hp by doing each of those things though. personally, i think the sound deadening is overkill as is the liquid/air intercooler. more trouble than its worth to me.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

meh, it will definitely be worth it to me.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Recirculated BOVs / blow off valves and my sleeper setup plans. (full Circling)

im gonna recirc my bov too, was gonna do the wg but its honestly not that loud imo, i had a friend do a few passes while i stood and watched, just sounded like any other car on the gas.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

am i really the only one here that wants a sleeper setup like this?
Old 04-09-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Re: (full Circling)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by full Circling &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">am i really the only one here that wants a sleeper setup like this?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i'm with you 100%. recirculating my wastegate did wonders for my car. my bov will be next but i haven't looked into the recirculating setups yet. whats your idea on that? are the bov's that are specifically designed to be circulated?
Old 04-09-2007, 07:12 PM

Default Re: (ragethemachine86)

Thats why you should have a 233whp n/a like me

SLEEPER FTMFW!

I hope you achieve it, cause sleeper cars are my fav!
Old 04-09-2007, 08:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by full Circling &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">am i really the only one here that wants a sleeper setup like this?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No you're not, I've already got all that crap... internal gated turbo (inherently recirced), recirced Bosch BOV (stock 911 valve), cat, 2 resonators, muffler, etc... it doesnt matter.
1. you still hear the turbo spool, its a dead give away, and 2, you also need a boxed in filter and probably a resonator on the intake. The recirc hose doesnt quiet the valve down much with a cone element filter. You can make it quieter... but it would really take some work to eliminate all turbo related noises.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nope...hell people though i had a stock ls till i popped the hood or opened my ecutout...i was boosted w/ a/w setup...and stock exh w/ a 3" cutout...no gauges or enything...dsm bov reciculated...and also recirc wg....

w/ the cutout closed it was hella quite....total sleeper...open up cutout...turned into a boosted terror that ripped it up for a solid 2 yrs