Notices

Reasons why not to buy product from HULKHB aka www.crpturbo.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reasons why not to buy product from HULKHB aka www.crpturbo.com

wow, i couldnt be more sarcastic. WHAT A POS. Ill explain my problems but really pictures speak louder than text.

Downpipe:
1) The welds are gross
2) The O2 bungs are far too close to the turbo
3) The flange he made has bolt fitment issues
4) He butted a piece of 2.75" pipe to 2.5" pipe and called that a reducer
5) AND BEST OF ******* ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE DOWNPIPE DOESNT EVEN COME CLOSE TO CLEARING THE OIL PAN. IF I HAD MY OIL PAN ON IT WOULD GO RIGHT THROUGH THE DAMN PAN.

Manifold:
1) Shitty welds
2) Terrible turbo placement.
3) It was made to keep AC but the distance from the turbo to the AC condenser was literally under .5".
4) turbo placed the compressor side in the middle of my ******* fan. I had to buy a new one(he did pay for half though)
5) Had to shave my block( worth mentioning, but not a big deal)

Here are a bunch of pictures

Old 02-27-2004, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Reasons why not to buy product from HULKHB aka www.crpturbo.com (b18b1hmtlove)

looks like another one trying to make money of the fad of welding. i mean his ss 90 degre elbow looked good..
Old 02-27-2004, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Reasons why not to buy product from HULKHB aka www.crpturbo.com (b18b1hmtlove)

How much did you pay for that setup?
Old 02-27-2004, 10:01 AM

$275 for the loggie and the DP. the DP is worthless at this point. Its honestly not worth whatever amount it costs to ship it back.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn i'm sorry to hear/see that man .......hope everythign gets worked out
Old 02-27-2004, 10:05 AM

The manifold doesn't look too bad, but the downpipe definatley has to go. Even if it fit, it's not up to par with everything else on their website.

In their defense, it's very tough to make a downpipe for a car that's not physically in front of you. It really wouldn't be hard for them to weld in a piece to extend it downwards.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Reasons why not to buy product from HULKHB aka www.crpturbo.com (B18Flip)

Man that sucks dude... $275 and that **** don't even work without a bunch of modification and more money.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Reasons why not to buy product from HULKHB aka www.crpturbo.com (beerbongskickass)

i shoulda made a post on this a while back to save others form teh troubles i went thru with hulkhb...

all in all i sold what i had on ebay and went with projectdc2... in fact he can critique so much about hulk's ability on welding....

Old 02-27-2004, 10:32 AM

B18cdb8, next time please let us know.

if you have any pictures or anything, post away.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Reasons why not to buy product from HULKHB aka www.crpturbo.com (beerbongskickass)

Sorry about this experience
Old 02-27-2004, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

http://WWW.CRAPTURBO.COM

Old 02-27-2004, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the manifold isnt TOO bad, but damn that downpipe is ******* hideous!
Old 02-27-2004, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Boltz)

is he willing to fix the mistakes or refund your money? he seemed like an honest guy from talking to him on here? but who knows these days.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:07 AM
AIRBORNE

Default Re: (itr206)

Jason is an honest guy, and will stand 100% behind his products. Before defacing the name of his company, and products, have you even talked to Jason about it? I guarentee you he is an honest guy, and will back up his products and make it right. I think you chose a shitty way of approaching this issue, by making a thread solely with the purpose of saying they are a POS. If you have a problem, talk with Jason directly, instead of talking **** in a thread. I've seen his work, and i will have him make my manifold, piping, down pipe, and most likely my intercooler as well .. i want nothing but the best for my setup, but i have enough faith in his work to run it myself.

Please talk to him, he'll be more then willing to help.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:21 AM

Default Re: (Odiedogcx)

wow, i build better log manis tig welded for almost 1/2 that for my friends

that sucks though, it's clearly an error on his part, i would send that stuff back to him and tell him to either make it fit perfect, or get your cash back.

no downpipe should go through your oilpan.. its just not safe!
Old 02-27-2004, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have seen his welds before and said they need work , but its all in practice. thats why your not paying top dollar. But in all honestly , for it to come that far off is weird. I wonder if he had that motor and turbo to mock off of? its kinda hard to mock up custom stuff with nothing to reference, i dont know if that was the case or not. But deff say something to him , im sure he'll be willing to work with you.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beerbongskickass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Man that sucks dude... $275 and that **** don't even work without a bunch of modification and more money. </TD></TR></TABLE>

$275 for both the manifold and downpipe is ridiculously cheap. Where else can you find a combination that is that cheap? There's a good reason that certain manifolds cost more than others. You get what you pay for.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:27 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Odiedogcx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Jason is an honest guy, and will stand 100% behind his products. Before defacing the name of his company, and products, have you even talked to Jason about it? I guarentee you he is an honest guy, and will back up his products and make it right. I think you chose a shitty way of approaching this issue, by making a thread solely with the purpose of saying they are a POS. If you have a problem, talk with Jason directly, instead of talking **** in a thread. I've seen his work, and i will have him make my manifold, piping, down pipe, and most likely my intercooler as well .. i want nothing but the best for my setup, but i have enough faith in his work to run it myself.

Please talk to him, he'll be more then willing to help.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The funny thing is you are assuming a lot. 1st ive spoken to him numerous times about how hes welds were sub par, how i had fitment issues, and so on and so on. Today i got to work more on my car after having it down much longer than it should have been and again his product keeps me from being able to finish what i need to get done. I think him standing behind is product is fine, its great, its spectacular. but me having to ship his half assed attempts back to him so he can sell it to some other poor sap is bullshit. hes so god damn proud of that manifold he has it posted on his site. I honestly wouldnt give a ******* **** if the welds sucked and the **** fit correctly, but NOTHING FITS CORRECTLY!!!! This was the last straw, i felt the need after seeing group buys, him put out a new $750 manifold, and launching a new site to step up and inform the rest of the members on this site that this person isnt making quality product. If you have a problem with that, blow it out of your ***. Read the posts above, everyone agrees this is sub par ****.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Armaan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

$275 for both the manifold and downpipe is ridiculously cheap. Where else can you find a combination that is that cheap? There's a good reason that certain manifolds cost more than others. You get what you pay for. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Pm stealthmode on HMT and get a mani for $175 shipped and that leaves you $100 to get a DP made. I think it can be done

And once again, please note i was re-assured that all of this could be done no problem. If he said "i dont think i can handle making the DP" i would have said, okay send me some of my money back and ill have a DP custom fabed. regardless The manifold doesnt even fit correctly so all in all none of his product works correctly
Old 02-27-2004, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (b18b1hmtlove)

by the way.. he was willing to fix the problems... but it just wasn;t worth it to ship it back and wait...
Old 02-27-2004, 11:42 AM
New User

That's some crazy stuff here....
Old 02-27-2004, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Evo Hybrid)

I think this is one of those "you get what you pay for" situations....although I would have atleast expected the downpipe to fit, I wouldnt have expected award winning welds...
Old 02-27-2004, 12:01 PM

i would just like to say that again, i dont care that the welds are crumpy if the product fit well, but nothing fits and the welds are

The only reason i listed it was because this was a informative thread why not to deal w/ this seller
Old 02-27-2004, 12:12 PM

thats sucks bro...i would, however, expect nothing more from a mani and dp that only costs $275.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:12 PM

Jason is a good guy, im sorry you had to go through this im sure hes willing to work something out with you.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thos are some ugly welds. ugly = weak IMO and yes I can weld.

Quick Reply: Reasons why not to buy product from HULKHB aka www.crpturbo.com