Notices

Really need help with a JRSC, please before I go insane. Belt Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really need help with a JRSC, please before I go insane. Belt Problems

Ok, I have tried every other palce in the internet and I thought, how come I dont just go to Hond tech, well I am here now and a little bit less angry, but enough about me here is my story. By the way I have this SC on my 97 Honda CIvic CX.

A few dayds back I threw the belt. So I went to JR. com and ordered two new belts, 3pk1220. This is a father/son project, since its my first car and all. So we put the belt on, well, tried. I swear on anything that is holy, that it doesnt fit. We have gone threw the manual, made sure the belt was on all the right pullys and everything and its still to tight. Even to tight to put the belt ON. If I had about an extra in, we could get it on. THe tensioner pully is ALLLL the way up, as far as possible and still, the same result. What were thinking is that even if we got the belt on, it would be WAYY to tight to work well. WOuldnt it justs snap, if the engine turned over? any info please would be nice, thanks.

Engine Bay

Supercharger Pully, top view

Crankshaft pully, its on the right pully as well. But not tight.

Bottom three Pullys, Including Alternator, Crankshaft, and a pully on the supercharger bracket.

Top view of the alternator pully and another pully on the Supercharger BRacket.

Look how far the adjustment screw is up, 100% and there still isnt enough slack to even get in on all the pullys, last pick.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it looks like there is room for it to fit up... going from top of SC down the back around the alt, over the pulley, around the crank back to the JRSC...

It is too tight you say? Try going to somewhere like a parts plus store, they can gauge the belt and sell you one x incher longer or shorter. Tie a string along the belt path, cut it off then measure... it should give you a measurement somewhere maybe an inch or 2 less than the size you need. If the best is too small then I don't know what gives unless the 96-99 model ALT bracket is a different location as the 92-95 (which your SC kit might be origionally for).

Hope this gets you going!
Old 11-14-2007, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Really need help with a JRSC, please before I go insane. Belt Problems (Chase2)

Hey Bro got your answer cuz I just swapped a D-series with the same small belt problem.

The are two idler pullies. You cant tell very much at first glance but thaey are both adjustable. So put the pullies as close as you can together and if it is still a little off, have some one turn the crank while you use a pry bar to move the belt over. It's just like a bike chain, get it started then keep turning the wheel.

Good luck!!!

Budget Racer.