Notices

RE-SLEEVING A D16Y8 AND I'M ALSO LOOKING FOR PISTONS & RODS

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE-SLEEVING A D16Y8 AND I'M ALSO LOOKING FOR PISTONS & RODS

i did the search but came up with none of my questions answered. i'm planning on building a d16y8 and i'm planing to reach around 600-650hp mark, maybe more hp if it can take it. i'm trying to find some good sleeves that will be very reliable. and that will hold up to the hp, and not break down after awhile. i'm also looking for a set of pistons and rods that will also need to hold up and be just as reliable as the sleeves. and i'm still trying to figure out what size bore i should go with
Old 08-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: RE-SLEEVING A D16Y8 AND I'M ALSO LOOKING FOR PISTONS & RODS (project89sicrx)

600-650 wheel horsepower and reliable from a D series, hmmm. No wonder you could not find anything in your search. Just buy the same parts that all the B series blocks use. They are as good as it gets.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:28 PM

Default Re: RE-SLEEVING A D16Y8 AND I'M ALSO LOOKING FOR PISTONS & RODS (project89sicrx)

????
Old 08-26-2006, 06:52 PM
i ♥ snails

hahaha your gonna spend all ur money on the best head work too get those numbers. Sleeve it, Pauter rods,CP/Wiseco pistons. Get good fuel mang AEM/Neptune/Crome, ect. Head porting is where ur gonna pick up power on d series motors since a fully
race ported one with everything done too it will be equal to about a stock b16 or gsr head. Theres an article on honda tuning building a 400+whp d16. Check it out
Old 08-26-2006, 10:59 PM

Default Re: (quicksilver1689)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quicksilver1689 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hahaha your gonna spend all ur money on the best head work too get those numbers. Sleeve it, Pauter rods,CP/Wiseco pistons. Get good fuel mang AEM/Neptune/Crome, ect. Head porting is where ur gonna pick up power on d series motors since a fully
race ported one with everything done too it will be equal to about a stock b16 or gsr head. Theres an article on honda tuning building a 400+whp d16. Check it out</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea, i know i already spent over 2k on the head. i already know that all d series motors cant really flow good on topend. so i had it ported & polish on a flow bench for full race to get that perfect flow for topend . i also had the stock IM and a gsr TB ported and polished to perfection. i already got my blox turbo cam, aem cam gear, ferrea valves, ferrea dual valve springs and ferrea retainers with brand new oem valve guides. i also have a aem str fuel rail and a aem fuel pressure regulator, 1000 rc injectors and a 225 walbro fuel pump. i already have my p28 with the neptune ems on it from my last set-up, so i'll be using that.

all i need now is to figure out what parts to use on the bottomend. if anyone can please help me out with that i would greatly appreciate it

btw, i'm doing this set up because even honda owners think the d series motors can't put out as much power as a b series. money doesnt matter to me but to see someone face when a d series is quick and puts out powerful #'s is priceless
Old 08-27-2006, 08:28 AM
official honda whore

Default Re: (project89sicrx)

i dont think that blox turbo cam will help you all that much, from what all the b series guys are doing i would say go with a pretty big N/A cam.... the bottom end is pretty basic... send it to earl to get it sleaved.... pauter rods, cp pistons and get your rotating assembly balanced and you should be fine....

i feel the hardest part of your goal is a turbo that will make that much power and still have a usable power band