Notices

re: ebay sandwich adapters any good?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: ebay sandwich adapters any good?

i read through this thread and found that the construction of ebay and GE sandwich adapters are made differently. apparently GE provides filtered oil to the turbo whereas the ebay ones wouldnt.

i have a block fitting from stealthmode, but would have more peace of mind with a sandwich adapter.

my question is...
for the oil on the stock oil pressure sensor where the block fitting is usually placed, is the oil going to the sender filtered or not? and.. does it matter?

if anyone has experiences with the ebay sandwiches, please reply here.. thanks!

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1833029
Old 02-06-2007, 03:10 AM

Default Re: ebay sandwich adapters any good? (confucioussae)

the stock sender is before the filter but i would say it shouldn't matter as long as the oil is being continuously filtered.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

id like to hear some experiences with the ebay sandwiches as well
Old 02-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ebay sandwich adapters any good? (confucioussae)

I bought one on ebay. It was the silver aluminum one. I dont know what those blue ones are made out of. I have not had any issues with mine. For the price I cant complain. Didnt have any metal debree and was quality despite it being a ebay product this is the seller i bought it off of. the only difference with their new ones are they use a hex bolt to plug the unused hole while the one i bought had just bolts. i dont think that matters though

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem
Old 02-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: ebay sandwich adapters any good? (93b16hatch)

For less than that, I have a 6-port aluminum distribution block bolted under the manifold, running to the stock sensor point with a small loop of copper. The only problem is getting the stock sensor on it, BSP to NPT. I just used a 1/4 hex cap, and tapped a 1/8 BSP hole into it. If you make more than 1 manifold (in my case, 2 of my own cars, others for friends) the $15 tap isn't a big deal when splitting the costs. Mcmaster.com is your friend
Old 02-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the input guys. anymore? i think i'll opt for a silver one as of this point, and save 50$ over the name brand golden eagle. eventually, all the oil will get filtered at some point or another, so it can't be terribly bad!
Old 02-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

has anyone tried using the blue "glow shift" ones ?

I also dug these up from an old thread... reasonably priced i guess
http://www.anplumbing.com/shop...apter
from earl's plumbing! we'd be using the S14 model
Old 02-08-2007, 10:01 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (confucioussae)

i bought this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...QrdZ1

its made by a company called datum1. they make really good products, so far ive bought their oil sandwich plate, their vacuum manifold, their tow hook, their ls/vtec dowel pins, and their flanges for turbo lines and i couldnt be happier. the first thing i ordered was their tow hook and i was very surprised at the quality and thought they did a very good job so i continued my business with them. i wouldnt hesitate to buy from them again.
the thing that i liked about the sandwich plate is that it comes with the oil line and fittings for the plate and the head as well and they are very good quality as well (aeroquip or earls so thats like a $60 value included). i can take some pics of it id youd like..
Old 02-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (zeimbo)

sure, i think that would be a helpful contribution to this thread. right now, i am considering this one.
http://www.streetrays.com/cata...10689
it is one made by BLOX. It is close in price to the MAXSPEED(???) one found on ebay (~50$) and it's a fairly well known name brand.

that DATUM1 really looks like it was well made. judging from the price i'm going to guess that it's a comparable design to the Golden Eagle sandwich. however, i'm not looking to spend 100$
Old 02-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've noticed from experience as long as the o-rings are properly sized, just about any of those sandwich plates will work... The o-rings are the key...
Old 02-08-2007, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i can't tell if that blox one has an o ring or not... maybe i should call ?

EDIT: RTV = o ring substitute perhaps ???
Old 02-08-2007, 11:42 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

honestly, you get what you pay for. i wouldnt consider skimping on something thats gonna be controlling the flow of oil to something. if it were going to a turbo or your head and it didnt function right, you never know what could happen. the blox one sounds good, i dont really like the design tho and it looks rather generic. the datum1 comes with the line too so you wouldnt need to purchase one of those as well. otherwise youll probably spend close to the difference between the blox or ebay ones and the datum1 sandwich when you buy the ss line and fittings
but hey, its your engine and its your money
Old 02-09-2007, 12:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (zeimbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zeimbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">honestly, you get what you pay for. i wouldnt consider skimping on something thats gonna be controlling the flow of oil to something. if it were going to a turbo or your head and it didnt function right, you never know what could happen. the blox one sounds good, i dont really like the design tho and it looks rather generic. the datum1 comes with the line too so you wouldnt need to purchase one of those as well. otherwise youll probably spend close to the difference between the blox or ebay ones and the datum1 sandwich when you buy the ss line and fittings
but hey, its your engine and its your money</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would def agree with you on the datum1 being a much better engineered product just by looking at the quality of the machining on the piece....i also noticed that the datum oil sandwiche was advertised on their website as the oil sandwich for a LSVTEC or B20V conversion, not a turbo oil feed, meaning you would need different fittings/connecters. with that in mind, i already have all of my lines and fittings for my boost app, and only need a feed source. I had the "TUNER TOYS" block fitting, but i'm afraid of it breaking off in my block
Old 02-12-2007, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

mine didnt work at all, I went though 2 of them from 2 different companys on eBay. The brass oil fitting would thread onto the block but the oil fiter would not thread onto the adapter.. They were supposed to be the same thread male and female on both sides of the adapter.

I have a 93 b18a1 engine if it makes any difference w fram oil filters

One company was glowshift, Although I bought other items from them and were shipped fast and good quality. Both companys refunded my money.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boosted_B_Series)

i got the one from maxspeed on ebay. extremely good quality with no problems or LEAKS whatsoever. You really cant beat the price and quality of this sandwich plate adapter. I give it an A+
Old 02-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (95dc2teg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95dc2teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i got the one from maxspeed on ebay. extremely good quality with no problems or LEAKS whatsoever. You really cant beat the price and quality of this sandwich plate adapter. I give it an A+ </TD></TR></TABLE>

how long have you been using it ???
Old 02-13-2007, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

about 16,000 miles. have done 5 oil changes with it so far.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (95dc2teg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95dc2teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i got the one from maxspeed on ebay. extremely good quality with no problems or LEAKS whatsoever. You really cant beat the price and quality of this sandwich plate adapter. I give it an A+ </TD></TR></TABLE>

i got same thing.. mine isn't for oil lines just fittings for gauges. it doesn't leak but i do'nt like the fact that it goes loose every time i unscrew oil filter.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vtec.dc2)

damn I can't find out what type of thread is in there (acautotechnic GS-OS10), They say it's 1/8 NPT but my oil pressure sensor has the same ( ??? 1/8 NPT 27) thread and it screws in like one turn and gets stuck...
Old 02-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pentaq)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pentaq &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn I can't find out what type of thread is in there (acautotechnic GS-OS10), They say it's 1/8 NPT but my oil pressure sensor has the same ( ??? 1/8 NPT 27) thread and it screws in like one turn and gets stuck...</TD></TR></TABLE>

oil pressure sensor is 1/8 BSPT
Old 02-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (CRXDrew)

spin on =

sandwhich on = broken block

Those damn ebay sandwhich on adapters tore my oil filter threads right out of the block cause I tightened it too much as it would not seal no matter what I did. Thankfully there was still enough threads left.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CRXDrew)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXDrew &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oil pressure sensor is 1/8 BSPT</TD></TR></TABLE>

I meant aftermarket one. I'm aware of the stock one.