Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Forced Induction (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/)
-   -   RC750 injectors. The clips are already soldered in. What's the next step? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/rc750-injectors-clips-already-soldered-whats-next-step-3334159/)

sikid111 02-21-2019 05:43 PM

RC750 injectors. The clips are already soldered in. What's the next step?

I'm getting so many different stories on these things, along with my completely stock 2000 civic sir b16 have different injector clips installed???

they clipped right into the injectors no problem. I was told I would need injector clip harness obd2 to obd1 from RC. Then another guy I'm about to order off says that no I wont need them?

is that the only differnece between the injector clip is the little tab is slight over instead of in the center?

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/honda-t...947eee68cc.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/honda-t...f10dd1827c.jpg

sikid111 02-21-2019 05:46 PM

re: RC750 injectors. The clips are already soldered in. What's the next step?

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/honda-t...019e263f4d.jpg

NVturbo 02-21-2019 05:54 PM

Looks like someone already swapped out (cut and spliced in) the injector clips. Those aren't STOCK HONDA clips. Factory ones have wires that are color coded, not all black.

sikid111 02-21-2019 06:00 PM

So I'm ahead of the game then?

car was pretty much bone stock when I got it, so this is a suprise. Why the heck would someone switch them out if stock?

is there anything else I should check out that they might have spliced? Does this mean the car is obd1 now? Or I just need obd1 ecu and jumper harness to complete it?

NVturbo 02-21-2019 06:10 PM

1. why would anyone in their right mind install 750cc on a stock motor? Yes, I know it's the F/I section but you're claiming the car is stock.
2. Just because the injector plugs/connectors have been replaced to fit the new injectors, your car is still whatever ECU is in there, likely OBD2.
3. Installing an stock OBD1 ECU (w/ jumper harness) doesn't mean it will run right either. ECU has to be chipped .
4. Forgot to ask....does the car even turn over/run??

sikid111 02-21-2019 06:18 PM

Shit thought I had the OP written out a little better.

I bought it stock, now I'm throwing a turbo in it. I installed the injectors myself, just a bit confused why they clipped in so easily when I was told they wouldnt.

TheShodan 02-21-2019 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by sikid111 (Post 51868652)

I bought it stock, now I'm throwing a turbo in it. I installed the injectors myself, just a bit confused why they clipped in so easily when I was told they wouldnt.

don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Make sure they are the correct imedence and roll with it.

NVturbo 02-22-2019 02:42 AM

If you are planning to drive the car to the dyno shop, re-install the stock injectors. You can install the RC's there. If you are having the car towed there, then leave them installed. Just make sure to verify if they are either low or high impedance. Low impedance will REQUIRE a resistor pack

AllMtrRex 02-22-2019 04:09 AM

More than likely if the RC clips were added before you bought this car, it likely had some sort of power adder (turbo, supercharger, nitrous) beforehand. Unless the previous owner had bolt-ons and wanted to get aftermarket injectors thinking that would be better than the stock 240cc which wouldn't be in the case of a bolt-on b16. Anyhow, do a leakdown, compression test on each cylinder before spending your money on a turbo kit.

JRCivic1 02-22-2019 10:05 PM

Re: RC750 injectors. The clips are already soldered in. What's the next step?

Obviously, it wasn't as stock as you thought. There are multiple possibilities as to why the injector clips have been converted from the original ones... but they HAVE been changed. This is why you are confused. Simply stated, the original stock injector clips will NOT fit the RC fuel injectors. You have not owned this vehicle since it was new... so you cannot be sure that EVERYTHING is stock as the seller told you. Also remember that you have intentions of modifying the car... it would be foolish to think that nobody else but you would do so. Whether the mods were for performance reasons or service/maintenance reasons, your photos prove the wiring harness has been modified. The poor tape job on the driver's side of the fuel rail cover is a dead give away.

The injector clip style that you have installed on your car is identical in appearance with the ones that can be purchased from RC Engineering to work with their fuel injectors.

You have not mentioned what type of engine management you intend to use... the stock ECU cannot compensate for a fuel injector size change, so this must be done in the tune.

Txdragon 02-23-2019 02:48 AM

Re: RC750 injectors. The clips are already soldered in. What's the next step?

Originally Posted by sikid111 (Post 51868639)
So I'm ahead of the game then?

Ummm.. Sure.. If you want to put a positive spin on your situation, roll with this..

car was pretty much bone stock when I got it, so this is a suprise. Why the heck would someone switch them out if stock?

"Pretty much" is not definitive... You are definitely asking the right question here.

is there anything else I should check out that they might have spliced? Does this mean the car is obd1 now? Or I just need obd1 ecu and jumper harness to complete it?

I would go over everything with a fine-toothed comb. Since the injectors were clearly modified previously, there's reason to suspect more extensive work had been done at SOME POINT, and removed prior to selling. My first accusation would be turbo. The injector clips alone do not mean your car is OBD1 though. If it is in the 2000 EM1 chassis and legit Si, it will be a B16A2 engine with P2T ECU; that is NOT OBD1.
Was this car running when you bought it?