Notices

rc injectors = the sux

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default rc injectors = the sux

we recently had a customers fully built gsr motor lean out for no apperant reason which resulted in a few melted pistons.. due to the patterns of the damage i suspected either a fuel pump or injector failure. fuel setup was rc750saturated injectors with a walbro 255high pressure pump. we immedatly sent the injectors and pump to rc for testing. The injectors had less than 50 miles on them, the motor was running 18psi making a hair over 400hp.

Rc reported back to us that the inejctors were "locking up" at 60psi of pressure and that those injecotrs are only rated for a 70psi max (max we saw on the guage was 68psi.. 50psi base + 18psi boost). Even though we were in the specs for the injectors and they obviously failed (they admitted this) they wouldnt even refund us the money for the injectors or provide us with a good set to replace the messed up injecotrs. They basicly said oh well, sucks for you and sent the stuff back. They refused to give us any flow sheets or any documentation of the tests.

Does anyone know of another place that will flow test these things?? i want some documentation for this, and rc has deffinatly lost a customer
Old 02-14-2006, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: rc injectors = the sux (JDogg)

damn jdogg, you've had some bad luck with a couple motors popping recently

ive always had good customer service from RC Eng. ive had several different sets tested and they've always been extremely helpful.

theres another company ive heard of that does injector flow testing for pretty inexpensive, ill see if i can dig it up
Old 02-14-2006, 08:38 PM

Default Re: rc injectors = the sux (D0GMAN)

*Knock on wood* my RC750cc injectors have worked problem free... I'd like to see a flow chart of those injectors once you get them tested!
Old 02-14-2006, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: rc injectors = the sux (JDogg)

I had a simular problem,my car wouldnt start up out of the blue one day its a fully bulit integra 450hp,750cc rc injectors blah blah blah anyways I sent them into them and they put them on there flow bench and said the injectors had frozen up but they put them on there flow bench and reopened them up again... The injectors were only 1 month old,true enough they did fix them for me but my car was down for a few days... I dont know about RC anymore,I might switch to Percision Injectors.... Anyways good luck
Old 02-14-2006, 08:48 PM

Default Re: rc injectors = the sux (D0GMAN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D0GMAN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn jdogg, you've had some bad luck with a couple motors popping recently </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, i have noticed a few motors have blown recently after you t00ned them jdogg, smokin too much weed before tuning hehe.

ps i never had problems with my rc 750s and they've seen over 70 psi many times
Old 02-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: rc injectors = the sux

I would assume some part of the injector was compromised when they have decided to make saturated 750cc/min injectors... I am also running them right now, but knowing the drawbacks with large high impedance injectors, I only have my fuel pressure at 58-60 psi tops.

How about taking the badging off the injectors, and ship them back to RC for flow testing? Don't let them know you were the guy who had issues with them... I guess try to send them as a random injector test from another customer, and the missing sticker/badging will make them think they are just RC copies or something.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: rc injectors = the sux (soflacivictrbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by soflacivictrbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah, i have noticed a few motors have blown recently after you t00ned them jdogg, smokin too much weed before tuning hehe.

ps i never had problems with my rc 750s and they've seen over 70 psi many times</TD></TR></TABLE>

who the hell are you...??

and blown motors... you people here about less than 1/10th of the cars i tune 70% of which arent even hondas, there is one posted here on stock sleeves and this one which was 100% the fault of the injectors...

as for the weed comment.. wtf, i have never touched the stuff and what the hell does any of that have to do with the people are rc being ******** about their fucked up injectors.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

in anything u purchase in life there is a possibility of human error. unfortunately in race products 90% of the time there is noassumed warranty. if they assumed a warranty i think there is a big problem. but if there isnt, there is not much you can do. my experiences with RC products have been great. i do think there are better ways of handling this situation.