Notices

race turbo manifold and full sized radiator

Old 10-18-2006, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default race turbo manifold and full sized radiator

hi!

I want an equal length turbo manifold with T3 flanch but need to run a full sized radiator. What style will fit and what brand will fit?

thanks
Old 10-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: race turbo manifold and full sized radiator (austrian type-R)

damn...I haven't seen you on here in a while......

Topmount manifolds are definitely out of the question.

I think a ramhorn mani would fit but you might have to have it custom made, to ensure that it won't hit the thicker radiator your running.

I have an AC compatible full race ramhorn mani and I have contemplated running a full size fluidyne but haven't cause if it fits, it will be very close to the turbo/wastegate
Old 10-18-2006, 12:36 PM

Default Re: race turbo manifold and full sized radiator (mike1114)

hi!

yeah, I only post when I need some infos, most of the stuff I need to know is in the SEARCH function

I run a standard radiator, but will switch to a fluidyne next season. I think I can make it fit when space is only 2-3 cm to less.

I have not changed my setup since 2003, but in June I cracked a sleeve and my blovk was still stock. Had about 6000km only driving on the track and about 40000km on street on this engine.

short story why a sleeve cracked:
On the 2nd raceday this year the engine runned on only 3 cylinders. Went into the pits and I saw one spark plug was melted. I istalled 4 new plugs and the car runned again. I checked the boost gauge and I saw 1.8 Bar .... I was like WTF, I never changed thesettings on my boost controller. Well, turned the **** down on the EBC to get 1.2 Bar again and runned out a few Porsches, Ferraris, etc...like in the best times

On the 3rd Trackday in June, after 1 hour hardcore driving, white smoke out of the exhaust.....I think this was the result of the overboost I had.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:43 PM

I have a dual core full size radiator with a log manifold and it barely clears the turbo, maybe 5/8" at most. Its gonna be really hard getting a ramhorn in there unless you use a single core, and I couldnt find an all metal single core anywhere, which is probably what you need since it looks like you use it at the track and the plastic endtanks wouldnt hold up. Is there a reason you cant use a log style mani? If you use a half core rad then there will be more air passing over the turbo anyway which would help it cool a little anyway. I dont know Im just trying to give ideas
Old 10-18-2006, 02:13 PM

Default Re: race turbo manifold and full sized radiator (TurboCoop)

will this one clear a full size radiator?

http://www.full-race.com/catal...id=45
Old 10-18-2006, 03:21 PM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

hell no, look at it on the civic, don't think any equal length works with a full sized radiator, and that manifold clockes the turbo to be facing forward, you want all that hot air from radiator going into the turbo
Old 10-18-2006, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is what I did in order to accomodate a full sized radiator in a 4th gen prelude:

Old 10-18-2006, 04:00 PM

Default Re: race turbo manifold and full sized radiator (PrecisionH23a)

looks nice, but the car will loose stiffness I think, and I need every piece of stiffness when I am on the track.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I made a brace that went back on top and bolted on with 4 10mm bolts to keep structural rigidity.

I no longer have that car anymore.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My integra is pretty tight on space. Pm me if you want pics.

I got a ramhorm manifold with a tial 38mm wastegate. + Power Steering + Air Conditioning + AC 3" downpipe.

Not only that, I have my stock full size radiator in still with the AC condensor in front. Then I got 2 - 12" radiator fans in front of the AC condensor. + 12"tall x 24"length x 12 height!" Maintaining the bumper support (cutted the bottom plate). Yet maintaining to keep my bumper grill barely intact and thin!! Bumper fits fine with the intercooler pipings being 3" also.

Tite fit? You becha.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: race turbo manifold and full sized radiator (synik)

synic...what kind of ramhorn are you running?
Old 10-18-2006, 07:48 PM

Default Re: race turbo manifold and full sized radiator (synik)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by synik &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My integra is pretty tight on space. Pm me if you want pics.

I got a ramhorm manifold with a tial 38mm wastegate. + Power Steering + Air Conditioning + AC 3" downpipe.

Not only that, I have my stock full size radiator in still with the AC condensor in front. Then I got 2 - 12" radiator fans in front of the AC condensor. + 12"tall x 24"length x 12 height!" Maintaining the bumper support (cutted the bottom plate). Yet maintaining to keep my bumper grill barely intact and thin!! Bumper fits fine with the intercooler pipings being 3" also.

Tite fit? You becha. </TD></TR></TABLE>
holy **** i wanna see that
Old 10-19-2006, 04:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: race turbo manifold and full sized radiator (TurboCoop)

synic...your still running the SINGLE CORE radiator.....most of us want to run a dual core full size fluidyne/koyo whatever.

These are quite thicker than the OEM one your using.

Austria type-r.........even if it you could make it fit with only a few mm of space, the motor rocking back and forth would hit the fins.

I again will say it might be better to contact full-race, lovefab or someone who makes manifolds and ask them to custom make you one that will accomodate your space requirements. Then convince them to make it a production piece so we can all get one too!!!!
Old 10-19-2006, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my buddy with an EK and ramhorn, 57 trim. is running a full c&r radiator for an integra. he also has the dual fal fans as pushers. I will ask him to post up a pic
Old 11-28-2006, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello Austrian R. I run a Full-Race exhaust manifold on my ITR with a PWR full width radiator, 40 mm thick that I also bought from them. The manifold part of the kit they made for me called the "road-race" kit. I am their guinea pig. I run my ITR exclusively on road race tracks, so I know a ton about the turbo/track issues. Heat is enemy number 1. Vibration is enemy number 2. I have a 25 row Mocal oil cooler in front of rad and a fan beside it. I run a Tial 44 mm wastegate, and it clears the rad just enough. It is all quite tight in there, but it fits and I have not had any issues with anything hitting anything else. I also run water cooling of the turbo between the water filler neck and an AN port on the bottom of the rad. I am just in the process of changing the turbo to a V-band housing since I have had many down-pipe bolt loosening problems on track. Talk to Geoff Racier at Full-Race and ask him about Claude's setup. He knows me well. I have about 300 WHP at 9 psi of boost. It seems about the maximum I can run without overheating issues. I can get more power by just turning up the boost, but running long on track on a hot day becomes an issue.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrecisionH23a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here is what I did in order to accomodate a full sized radiator in a 4th gen prelude:

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm assuming you used hood pins, since you cut out the radiator core support with hood latch????? Never mind, I just saw your pins........
Old 11-28-2006, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: race turbo manifold and full sized radiator (Mugencrxsir1)

damn....you can see the hood pins in his picture dood!!!

I think descartesfool needs to post up his pics for us to see!!!
Old 11-28-2006, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default austrian type-R

I also have installed/ran a Full Race RR setup with full-width rad, works fine.

Let me know if you need any more info.

P.S. I always enjoy your vids!!