Notices

Questions on Goinb Turbo 2001 Prelude Sh

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions on Goinb Turbo 2001 Prelude Sh

If you guys could help me out and could make a list of things to do to get my engine prepped for turbo, like # 1 being most important 2,3,4,5, and so on. And if you could put the best brand name and the avg installation cost. Also what turbo should i get revhard, drag, or fmax. I want it to be very reliable thats my main concern. Also I want to run 8-9 psi daily and 13-14 on track....is that safe if not what is? Another thing I want in my turbo is a loud swoosh, so bov is important!! lol. I want to run 12's so if you guys could me me a setup that would make my above statements possible please help me ....FAST. Thanks, oh also what do i have to do with the Atts, I have read all the threads but none of them give a final answer on what to do?

[Modified by showlude, 4:54 PM 3/10/2002]
Old 03-10-2002, 07:48 AM
New User

Default Re: Questions on Goinb Turbo 2001 Prelude Sh (showlude)

Greddy just came out with the prelude turbo kit if you want reliability.
Old 03-10-2002, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Questions on Goinb Turbo 2001 Prelude Sh ([Evo]Hybrid)

I have an SH those are for base preludes
Old 03-10-2002, 08:00 AM
New User

SH is special? Anything can be modied with but I doubt it has anything to do with ATTS. SH only has differences in transmission and suspension.
Old 03-10-2002, 08:03 AM
New User

BTW, you should sell your car and drop the 22 in a hatch and maybe you'll hit twelve with good **** in it.
Old 03-10-2002, 08:08 AM
Trial User

SH is special? Anything can be modied with but I doubt it has anything to do with ATTS. SH only has differences in transmission and suspension.
wow.. do you own or just work at a shop? i'd be a bit weary about bringin my car to you if this is the knowledge you display

[Modified by TurboR616, 9:08 AM 3/10/2002]
Old 03-10-2002, 08:11 AM
New User

Default Re: Questions on Goinb Turbo 2001 Prelude Sh (TurboR616)

why don't you explain the differences and I'll check my 1997 Prelude HELM manual for correction?
Old 03-10-2002, 08:23 AM
Trial User

yeah.. the Helm will really state reprecussions of adding large ammounts of power to prelude sh

[Modified by TurboR616, 9:24 AM 3/10/2002]
Old 03-10-2002, 08:35 AM
New User

No it doesn't but the statement you stated isn't about making more power. You are stating there is a major difference in motor configuration between Non-SH and SH so let me see what you can point out . I would greatly appreciated if you can add or correct me if I'm wrong but I don't appreciate your sarcastic statement. Sorry I don't touch 22 alot because I'm too busy with S2000 motors and my own hatch. I used to own a Non SH model, what do you have?
Old 03-10-2002, 08:58 AM
Trial User

read the topic again... he isnt asking what the differences between an sh and non sh are, he is asking what he should do about the atts and you are saying there is nothing special about it. basically to answer both of your questions atts is to be disabled.. now you have a vast amount of dead weight in your car

btw.. what is it exactly that you do with these s2000 motors that you are so busy with? rebuild em?
Old 03-10-2002, 09:17 AM
New User

Anywaz, squash this ****, I was just telling him that turbo kit is for all SH and Non-SH and if SH won't work then there should be modification to make it work like you said disable the ATTS. I'm not terribly into 22s. About the S2 motor, I'm trying to figure out the piston portion of the motor. Heard it's FRM cyclinder sleeves. Big controversial about honing and sleeving. Most S2 owners won't want to do resleeves since they think they are " special which need more TLC then other owners". Then someone else want me to drop a S2 motor in a corolla with a certain year, said it a bolt on, who knows, anyone tried it.
Old 03-10-2002, 09:22 AM

Where can I read more about the Greddy Prelude turbo kit?
Old 03-10-2002, 09:36 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Questions on Goinb Turbo 2001 Prelude Sh (Mark27)

Where can I read more about the Greddy Prelude turbo kit?
greddy turbo

[Modified by TurboR616, 10:36 AM 3/10/2002]
Old 03-10-2002, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Then someone else want me to drop a S2 motor in a corolla with a certain year, said it a bolt on, who knows, anyone tried it.

Old 03-10-2002, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont think you want to turbo you ATTS prelude. It runs like some big time poo poo. I looked at a turbo ATTS as a favor for someone, and while im sure that there is some way around this, it will cost a lot of money, and it will require an expert. I've also heard that the ATTS H22a block is physically different than a regular H22a so its not as simple as swapping that junky ATTS out. but don't quote me on that.
Old 03-10-2002, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well so far noone has answered my question, which was a list of stuff i need to do in chronological order, answers i have gotten are: Need money, poo poo??? whatever that is, and dipsh*t evohybrid talking out of his a&&, so is there anyone that can actually give me a guide or list to go by ex. 1. cai, exhaust, 2. take out atts give me a list like that, that would reallyhelp sorry if im coming out to strong but all you guys ever do is argue on every thread about meaningless stuff if someone makes a mistake just correct them dont laugh at them. Everyone needs help everyone makes mistakes those who laugh will get laughed at sooner or later.
Old 03-10-2002, 02:53 PM
Banned

i suggest learning more about what you're going to do. you cant just run 13-14 on the track without doing a lot of modifications to your car. your car was not made to have a turbocharger on it, and by trying to cram 14pounds of boost into it, it will most likely not work unless you have taken the necessary precautions.

for kits, revhard, and drag are great kits.

your car wont be reliable. even if you buy a standalone, little things always have teh chance of breaking because you are doing something to your car thats not normal for it. if you want to be reliable, dont modify your car.

pretty much, i dont think you have the money for any of this now, so you have some time to save up and start thinkin about what you're doing to your car and learn about your car before you turbocharge it.
Old 03-10-2002, 02:54 PM

Not to be rude almost everything that you need to know has already been covered hundreds of times. the only difference between your car and a civic and an integra is the engine and the body shape. all you need is a exhaust manifold that fits your engine and then almost everything is the same. when i was building my custom turbo kit, i never asked questions, just used the search function for 2-3 months and learned as much as i could. just use search and learn as much as you can, if you have a specific question then ask, do not ask the members to build your turbo kit for you and how much everything cost, and things like that. once again i am not trying to put you down, just use the search function.
-deepsi
Old 03-10-2002, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't want to be mean to you or anything, but since you aren't able to read between the lines i need to break it down to you, your ATTS prelude is the wrong platform to turbocharge. poo poo = unchi = your attitude

"removing atts, and running standalone

Has anyone else done this yet? I did a few months back. I came from **.***, and i dont think i've done any posting on here, but i did have an account. I've noticed more extensive talk about how useless atts is with turbo's, and i'll point out a few things i've noticed. the SH engine block is different, to allow the atts unit to bolt to it in place of the halfshaft. I had to modify a plate to bolt the halfshaft to the SH block. The tranny's are different, although they both bolt onto the block just fine. I had to purchase a base model tranny, and base halfshaft to go in place of the atts unit. The axles are the same.
I'm wondering if the ECU is the same between the base and SH. Since it runs a separate computer for the atts, i would assume they would be the same. I have to still run the stock ecu to make my stock gauges work, but i dont intend to hook up the atts ecu. I'm running a speedpro EMS, and ***** is doing all the work, so i know it will all work in the long run. I made sure all the mechanical things work out, (such as the halfshaft plate aligning with the axles, the base tranny, and such) and they make sure all the computer things work out. "

Do you think you have the money or smarts to do this?
Old 03-10-2002, 03:39 PM
New User

there are several of us with superchargers on the SH, not putting down "mad power" or enough to run 12s, yet, but the ATTS seems to be behaving, FOR THE MOST PART.

it has shut down on me 3 times or so in a year of boosting, always on a straightaway, at high speed, full throttle, after a long drive.
Old 03-10-2002, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Questions on Goinb Turbo 2001 Prelude Sh (SEFI8LOxCivic)

Let me run down teh steps for you...

1. Sell your Prelude SH
2. Buy a Base Model Prelude, probably for less than you sold the SH for.
3. Buy the turbo kit of your choice, and proceed as if you never had ATTS in teh first place.

HTH
Old 03-10-2002, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Questions on Goinb Turbo 2001 Prelude Sh (Strng1dah)

if i did go JRSC could i run mid 13's?
Old 03-10-2002, 08:41 PM
New User

mother bitch want to go fast with out money or knowledge. How many lude you know that ran 12s in a lude body? If there is one I totally respect but I'm pretty sure it definitaly not your sorry ***.

[Modified by [Evo]Hybrid, 5:51 AM 3/11/2002]
Old 03-11-2002, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1) Get some money

2) FMAX or DRAG, minus their fuel management (Id get the FMAX over DRAG though)

3) bigger injectors 440 cc

4) bigger fuel pump 255L

5) standalone or Hondata (if you get a Hondata you'll need to do a OBD 2 to OBD 1 swap) total cost for a COMPLETE Hondata 4 setup/ OBD swap = $2000

other stuff) colder plugs, electronic boost controller, MSD ignition Retard device

And since you plan on boosting +8 PSI I would recommend upgrading your internals. lots of H22 FI folks have different opinions on how much boost the stock internals will take. personally I say 8 PSI.

other stuff)3" exhaust, clutch

6) Pistons & Rings (JE are good)

7) Rods (Crower maybe)

9) GE sleeves (this has been an ongoing debate, its about whether or not you need to sleeve cause the pistons are aftermarket (harder). I'm not gonna go ito it here, just do a search for FRM in the Lude forum.)

IMO you'll have to sleeve the block anyways If you plan on boosting 12+ PSI. you dont want to be the first to find out the limits of te cylinder walls at 12+ PSI of boost do you?

[Modified by BlueShadow, 5:57 PM 3/11/2002]
Old 03-11-2002, 11:55 AM

Well i dont know if you have to get rid of the ATTS, because i think my friend modified his Type SH, and the shop that did it had to cut the wires, or something, for the ATTS, basically disenabling it, and was able to continue to modify his car.
Also my friend's friend has another Prelude and he is able to hit 13.28, which is not that bad. close to the 12 mark.

-deepsi

Quick Reply: Questions on Goinb Turbo 2001 Prelude Sh