Notices

Questions About SingleCam Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions About SingleCam Turbo

i made a tread before but dident post pics and didnt get answers so ima try agin!!

i have a small turbo that was given to me its super small and they said it works but im not sure if it does the fan spins good with no problem....
they also gave me the down pipe and the intercooler also the intercooler is tiny.......

i know that i need the piping and the blowoff but where can i find he pipeing for this?
so my questions are what else do i need?
can i run this turbo on my singlecam?
whats the max that i can boost on a d15b ?
and remember im new to this so please bare with me

thanks to the ones that help me out in advance i apriciate it..
Old 12-22-2009, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Questions About SingleCam Turbo

im sure there will be some excited noob looking to help you that will stumble on this thread and hold your hand, but im going to say what everyone is thinking.

search.

find a build thread, and learn from them. reading build threads is almost as good as doing it yourself. you will learn a lot.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by welfarepc
im sure there will be some excited noob looking to help you that will stumble on this thread and hold your hand, but im going to say what everyone is thinking.

search.

find a build thread, and learn from them. reading build threads is almost as good as doing it yourself. you will learn a lot.
thanks i guess??
Old 12-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im going to agree with you on that one Danz look around there is a wealth of info on auto forums. Maybe look into some of the other more motor specific forums for even more insight
Old 12-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are trying to save you time. You will probably find your answer much quicker and possibly learn more details if you look for yourself. They are correct in saying there is a TON of info out there. Here, I'll even start you out. This was from a google search (try and Honda-tech search too, it DOES work quite well).

http://www.d-series.org/forums/force...etup-d15b.html

https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/my-d15b-turbo-setup-opinions-2626254/

Both of those have some useful info about turbo setups. Your best option for piping is getting someone to fab some up for you.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

small turbo is perfect fit for your d15b, because d15b doesnt produce alot of exhaust to spool up big turbo's, i believe max psi for d15 is 7psi, dont go crazy on boost since d15 was not made for boosting, you'll need intercooler piping, blow off valve, air/fuel controller, and boost guage, all sold on ebay
Old 12-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by placid888
small turbo is perfect fit for your d15b, because d15b doesnt produce alot of exhaust to spool up big turbo's, i believe max psi for d15 is 7psi, dont go crazy on boost since d15 was not made for boosting, you'll need intercooler piping, blow off valve, air/fuel controller, and boost guage, all sold on ebay
ahh thanks thats all i needed to know and yes i will start reserching
Originally Posted by Bwill9886
They are trying to save you time. You will probably find your answer much quicker and possibly learn more details if you look for yourself. They are correct in saying there is a TON of info out there. Here, I'll even start you out. This was from a google search (try and Honda-tech search too, it DOES work quite well).

http://www.d-series.org/forums/force...etup-d15b.html

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2626254

Both of those have some useful info about turbo setups. Your best option for piping is getting someone to fab some up for you.
and thank you for starting me off in the right direction
Old 12-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just to add i have been part of turbod16.com for some time now and have a top mount t70 single cam. Check out turbod16.com for tons of info!
Old 12-24-2009, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

oh oh im an excited noob! can i post, pllleaase lol!

yeah so anyway, that should be fine for a little light boost d15 setup. remember you are really limited to 10 psi by the stock map sensor. honestly id run whatever that stock wastegate is set to. find yourself a dsm blow off valve, and thought its not necessary, you might be better off with a cheap used front mount intercooler. might be easer to mount etc.

you will most likely put down around 150-160 whp and 130something tq on around 7 psi which would be a nice difference from the motor before boost.

other upgrades you should most likely look to do is an aftermarket clutch and a good tune, even if just on a chip with like uberdata/crome/ectune etc.

good luck, take your time, read a lot and enjoy boost
Old 12-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by !!miguel!!
i have a small turbo that was given to me its super small and they said it works but im not sure if it does the fan spins good with no problem...
Another thing, make SURE that turbo works... no need to put it on just to blow it up...
Old 12-25-2009, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by blackeg
oh oh im an excited noob! can i post, pllleaase lol!

yeah so anyway, that should be fine for a little light boost d15 setup. remember you are really limited to 10 psi by the stock map sensor. honestly id run whatever that stock wastegate is set to. find yourself a dsm blow off valve, and thought its not necessary, you might be better off with a cheap used front mount intercooler. might be easer to mount etc.

you will most likely put down around 150-160 whp and 130something tq on around 7 psi which would be a nice difference from the motor before boost.

other upgrades you should most likely look to do is an aftermarket clutch and a good tune, even if just on a chip with like uberdata/crome/ectune etc.

good luck, take your time, read a lot and enjoy boost
yea man i decided not to put it on just yet...ima buy all the parts i need and just take it to a shop that way they can tune it as well!!!

thanks to all the people that helped me out...im just trying to learn...
and as the ******** here!!!
f yyou