Notices

questions about JRSC (I know they were "cool" 10yrs ago)???

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions about JRSC (I know they were "cool" 10yrs ago)???

I'am about to receive a JRSC that I bought from a member on d-series.org. I have a turbo crx that I'am building and have the ej1 for my DD. I had a couple questions still after doing a search...

1. is a new fuel pump needed for only ~150-180whp?

2. what size injectors would you recommend for 150-180whp?

3. I have an obd1 gsr tb laying around, will getting it portmatched to the spipe do anything?

4. should I run a catchcan setup simular to what I have/most people have on their turbo civics?

5. now that I hear jacksonracing/supercharger..com do not sell upgraded pullies how would I get ~8psi out of my d16z6?

6. has anyone decided on a decent cam yet?

7. would you recommend that I get my spare rebuilt extra head milled so I will have ~10:1 compression?

8.will h20/meth injection be good at lowering both actual IATs and the IAT that the ecu sees? reason I ask is because if it does that would make it almost full-proof since the p28 will retard proper timing if something were to ever happen to the h20/meth injection.
also, what are the typical IATs at ~8psi.

thanks. I will soon have 2 FI d-series.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: questions about JRSC (I know they were "cool" 10yrs ago)??? (wfocrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wfocrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'am about to receive a JRSC that I bought from a member on d-series.org. I have a turbo crx that I'am building and have the ej1 for my DD. I had a couple questions still after doing a search...

1. is a new fuel pump needed for only ~150-180whp?

2. what size injectors would you recommend for 150-180whp?

3. I have an obd1 gsr tb laying around, will getting it portmatched to the spipe do anything?

4. should I run a catchcan setup simular to what I have/most people have on their turbo civics?

5. now that I hear jacksonracing/supercharger..com do not sell upgraded pullies how would I get ~8psi out of my d16z6?

6. has anyone decided on a decent cam yet?

7. would you recommend that I get my spare rebuilt extra head milled so I will have ~10:1 compression?

8.will h20/meth injection be good at lowering both actual IATs and the IAT that the ecu sees? reason I ask is because if it does that would make it almost full-proof since the p28 will retard proper timing if something were to ever happen to the h20/meth injection.
also, what are the typical IATs at ~8psi.

thanks. I will soon have 2 FI d-series.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

1) nope

2) stock will suffice, but you can do a set of 310s too.

3) Every little bit helps

4) I didn't, but it would be a good idea to at least releive the PCV system.

5) Put on a D16Y8 crank pulley. Other than that you'll need to get custom pulleys made (which is why I went turbo lol).

6) Zex 59300 or Bisimoto cam.

7) You're better off using new pistons. Shaving the deck height like that will screw up your combustion chamber and I don't know if you can shave the deck that much without throwing off the timing.

8) Won't hurt, but you're going to be going through meth/water more than you fill up for gas. It is nearly impossible to stay out of boost with the JRSCs. Average 8psi IAT temps are like 150ish, a little high but still safe.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: questions about JRSC (SovXietday)

The whole deal with the JRSC is that it makes a d16 feel like a B18, and basicly bolts right on. I'd definately go with 310's or 450's, just to be on the safe side.

You might want to go to a 10:1 head (with adjustable cam gear) if you're stuck at 6psi, since you'd essentially make more HP per PSI. The problem with going with a higher-psi pulley is that the JRSC's become inefficient above ~10psi. Unless you get the blower reworked by someone like Endyne, that extra boost will not help much at all - even with meth/h2o.

Also, don't forget - a decent header/exhaust helps too.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah, from doing some research on here I see that the kami header w/ the 2.5" collector seems best. I was also have a 2.5" exhaust made for the car. will I see anything with using a 62mm tb (I hear the s-pipe inlet is 62mm).

Also, since it is my DD and the engine in there now is healthy (~195-205 in all cyl) I would like to just throw on the rebuilt head after getting it milled .030 or .040 which should bring my static # up to ~10:1.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:31 AM

Default Re: questions about JRSC (I know they were "cool" 10yrs ago)??? (wfocrx)

I was JRSC'd at one point and I agree with most of what has been said above.

I used 310cc injectors without a problem. My compression was/is around 10.5:1. I also used the Zex cam. All tuned using Crome.

I eventually went turbo for two reasons:

1) The belt slippage on high RPM down shifts drove me crazy. A physically smaller pulley (high boost) would've even been worse.

2) I hadn't done turbo yet.

The turbo makes more power overall but, I miss the instant response of the SC. For a daily driver torque is wonderful thing. If you're going to be looking for high HP numbers look elsewhere. You're going to dump a ton of money into a JRSC to make 200+whp, especially on a D.