Notices

Questions about Greddy Emanage

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about Greddy Emanage

Hey, Im thinking of getting a greddy turbo kit for my 2000 Integra GSr. I heard good things about the kit and Im pretty sure its going to be the one that I am gonna get. I like the kit because its emissions legal and comes with everything needed. However, i have a question about the greddy emanage. I know alot of people use uberdata and hondata-- but for emissions reasons, i must keep my obd2 ecu (i live in NY and they use obd2 scanning), meaning i cant get hondata/uberdata which require obd1. I just wanted to know if anyone here has the emanage on their GSR and wat they think of it. I wanted to kno if the car idles well, and if it drives well overall with the emanage system. Please post up comments only regarding the emanage, and its positive uses. I know hondata and uberdata are alot better, but I need something that will allow me to use my stock obd2 ecu and pass inspection. So I would like to know more information about the emanage, because that is most likely wat i will go for. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Questions about Greddy Emanage (vgsr)

Not too man like it, primarily because of the price, and how it works. But it does work, and it is leaps and bounds above the FMU or hack. So in your case, I would use it.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:05 PM

I got it and the profec-e01, but i still need some more tunning done to my turbo-R to give you a thorough comment.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:12 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

I truely like the E-manage system and have used it w/ quite a few OBD2 cars w/ up to about 660cc injectors. It's not a "standalone" but for most people, it will solve most of the problems that they need for the cash. The fact that it uses a 256 plot map, usually takes care of most of the tuning needs that many people on a stock block Boosted honda have. Of course there are limiting factors, like no launch control, and all that other stuff, but well worth what you get for the money..

Many people who oppose of this system make the unfortunate correlation b/w this unit and the "blue box" of old and its lack of tunability. This is NOT the same unit.

So you keep a few of the stock sensors. That's not neccessarily a BAD thing. After using countless management systems both piggyback and standalone. In the hands of a competent tuner, it works wonderful..No offense to anyone here, But many here on H-T have yet to take the time to understand the system, and concentrate on things they know of, or have heard of. Maybe the majority of the people on here are from areas that concentrate on other systems outside of E-manage, thereby creating a lack of exposure, and/or understanding of the system.

It's not bad at .. Take advantage of it..
Old 02-03-2005, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Questions about Greddy Emanage (TheShodan)

Thanks alot for the advice, i finally got some answers about the emanage, not hondata/uberdata. The reason I must use emanage is bc I live in NY, and they do the "new" obd2 scanning...meaning i cannot replace my stock obd2b ecu. Since the greddy emanage is a piggyback, it will allow me to keep my ecu and tune my car. My internals are going to remain stock, so the only thing I need the emanage for is the fuel tuning. However, will I be able to pass inspection if I have the greddy emanage on my ecu? Also, I will not need to change/upgrade any sensors (o2) with the emanage, correct?

ps.--do the new greddy turbo kits for GSRs come with the emanage substituted instead of the old "blue box"? thanx
Old 02-03-2005, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The E-manage is just alot more adjustable than the blue box.

I would get the seperate ignition and fuel harnesses also, so you can get a finer tune.

Im not sure about passing inspection.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Questions about Greddy Emanage (MooreBoost)

the emanage works on 00-01 GSr integras too, rite?...i heard the 'blue box' doesnt work on 00-01. Thanks for the help, any more info about the emanage will help alot. Anyone have the emanage?, post up what you think about it and what i would need with it when i go for turbo
Old 02-03-2005, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

also, anyone kno if it would pass Ny obd2 scan inspection?, thanks
Old 02-03-2005, 05:14 PM

emanage, injector harness, ignition harness, greddy sensor (which is good for 4 bars absolute) if your going to go 11.5 or so psi, and the support tool to tune it. support tool you can get for free. and don't forget some larger injectors. which i can sell you if you like.
i know nothing of emissions, and my car run perfectly fine using it. no idle problems what so ever.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Questions about Greddy Emanage (kell211)

Thanks for the info man, that helped out a lot especially with the fuel related part of the turbo question. I only plan on pushing 7-8psi, so i dont think i need the greddy sensor--if that was wat u were talking about when u said

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kell211 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> greddy sensor (which is good for 4 bars absolute) if your going to go 11.5 or so psi</TD></TR></TABLE>

The injectors i will use will be the 310cc from teh greddy or I may have to get upgraded injectors if i go with the rev hard 2 kit (bc that kit uses stock injectors). If i go for upgraded injectors i will speak with you about them, thanks for the offer. Also, what is the injector harness and ignition harness, does that come with the greddy turbo kit or come along with the emanage?
Old 02-04-2005, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^
Old 02-05-2005, 05:33 AM

you have to buy the harnesses extra. i'm not sure of the price off hand, but you can check greddy's site. i've got 370's and 440's if your interested.
Old 02-05-2005, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

310cc injectors aren't large enough.

I do not believe the timing/injector harnesses are included. They are what allow you to increase adjustability. I believe the final result is a 16x16 table. You should definitely get them, theyre only like 30 bucks each, and make it much more tuneable.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Questions about Greddy Emanage (MooreBoost)

Cool, I'll probably upgrade w/ the harnesses then if they are only 30 bux. For the Greddy turbo kit for GSRs, 310cc injectors are what come with the kit which is pretty sufficient for low boost. I am only planning on boosting about 7-8psi, so i dont kno if ill need bigger injectors yet. Maybe in the future, when i build up my motor, ill upgrade injectors and push higher boost. Thanks for the offer, ill keep it in mind.
Old 02-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am in PA and I am thinking of using the emanage on my wifes 98 GSR. As for emissions if it's the same as PA's your OBD-II moniters will have to pass and there can't be any codes stored in the ECU's memory. Then you will be fine as long as the inspector doesn't care about the turbo. I was thinking of using 450cc DSM injectors. I am only looking for about 250whp max since I am using my stock RB25 turbo with her setup.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Questions about Greddy Emanage (89civic1.8T)

cool, let me know how the emanage turns out when you put the turbo system together. I will be ordering my turbo kit in the end of spring/summer hopefully, so u might have it in before me, lol. If the inspector sees the emanage, he wont fail it just for that, rite? Will it get in the way of anything?
Old 02-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^
Old 02-10-2005, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone else use the greddy emanage and have good opinions? Does anyone know for sure if it would pass inspection with the emanage piggy bak?
Old 02-15-2005, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^ anyone know if the greddy emanage would pass inspection in NY considering they have a new OBD2 plug in scan inspection?