Notices

Questions about the Greddy E-manage ultimate.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about the Greddy E-manage ultimate.

Ok, on my quest to the holy grail of knowledge I've been coming across the e-manage to use instead of obd1 ecus (I'm obd2).

So, some questions for those of you who are in the know about the e-manage or EMU.

1) Are there any major differences between the e-manage blue and e-manage ultimate?

2) What are some of the limitations with going e-manage over going obd1 ( Hondata, crome, etc. )

3) Specifically, I've heard that both e-manage's get around the FMU/AFC hack problem with how the MAP sensor causes Advance&Retard timing issues by having it's own injector harness. Does it or will I still end up with issues?

4) I've heard that the E-manage can't turn well for all situations, meaning running perfect @ WOT and wasting gas during closed loop or running great MPG during closed loop and lean @ WOT. Then I hear differently. Any truth to any of this?

I thank everyone in advance for reading but please just don't tell me to 'go OBD1', just because you did. I know all about OBD1 so I don't need this to be an E-manage vs. ECU thread. I will be simulating a Greddy kit and would like this to be street legal or as close as possible so I don't get towed.

Modified by FuNkDrSpOt at 1:31 AM 8/25/2006
Old 08-25-2006, 02:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Questions about the Greddy E-manage ultimate. (FuNkDrSpOt)

bump
Old 08-25-2006, 05:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Questions about the Greddy E-manage ultimate. (FuNkDrSpOt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FuNkDrSpOt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok, on my quest to the holy grail of knowledge I've been coming across the e-manage to use instead of obd1 ecus (I'm obd2).

So, some questions for those of you who are in the know about the e-manage or EMU.

1) Are there any major differences between the e-manage blue and e-manage ultimate?

Yes, Quite a few differences

2) What are some of the limitations with going e-manage over going obd1 ( Hondata, crome, etc. )

Changing the Rev limit is much more of a task, the interface isnt all that great IMO. There are much better options for a Honda

3) Specifically, I've heard that both e-manage's get around the FMU/AFC hack problem with how the MAP sensor causes Advance&Retard timing issues by having it's own injector harness. Does it or will I still end up with issues?

The injector harness controls the injectors directly like you would with any other unit. If you do not use that, then you need to scale the map sensor and the timing will be affected like using an SAFC

4) I've heard that the E-manage can't turn well for all situations, meaning running perfect @ WOT and wasting gas during closed loop or running great MPG during closed loop and lean @ WOT. Then I hear differently. Any truth to any of this?

I think that is all BS.

I thank everyone in advance for reading but please just don't tell me to 'go OBD1', just because you did. I know all about OBD1 so I don't need this to be an E-manage vs. ECU thread. I will be simulating a Greddy kit and would like this to be street legal or as close as possible so I don't get towed.

Modified by FuNkDrSpOt at 1:31 AM 8/25/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-25-2006, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Questions about the Greddy E-manage ultimate. (PM-Performance)

Thank you, sir.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

start reading

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/index.html
Old 08-25-2006, 08:59 AM

Default Re: (mike93eh2)

I'm personally gonna get the e-manage blue over the ultimate, mainly because of the price difference. My setup is pretty budget-minded (used greddy 15g kit), and the ultimate is just too much money for what it will do for me. If I was gonna do a better setup I'd probably opt for the ultimate though. The features that really set the ultimate apart (IMO) are the A/F Target map, map switching (2 maps - street & race) and correction maps (ie: Air temp, water temp - if you tune in the summer you won't go lean in the winter because it automatically adjusts).
Old 08-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (TheHooded_Mike)

I actually had the Ultimate and went to the Blue cuz I couldnt get it to work right for my application.
Damn Greddy cant even help me with a JDM only application. retards