Notices

Questions about full-race's EK/EM1 B Series ProStreet Stage 2 GT kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Questions about full-race's EK/EM1 B Series ProStreet Stage 2 GT kit

i have a gsr swapped 98 civic and have been looking to go turbo for a while. the full race kit mentioned is the kit i am leaning toward but have a few questions about what i would need to do to get the most out of this kit. internally i was going to bore to 84.5 and was thinking about sleeving, forged pistons and bit of head work. s300 would be used as well. this is going to be my winter teardown so i'd like to start it soon. any input is welcome. oh yeah, about 400-425hp is my goal.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:01 PM
HT White Ops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Questions about full-race's EK/EM1 B Series ProStreet Stage 2 GT kit (r33dm0n3y)

84.5 REQUIRES sleeves. You don't need that however its up to you. Forged pistons and a set of rods will do just fine. Can not go wrong with Full-Race however your going to get the idiots in here telling you to spend your money elsewhere. Valve springs and retainers is all that really required out of the head. You can pretty much leave the rest of the head alone.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Questions about full-race's EK/EM1 B Series ProStreet Stage 2 GT kit (SD_Lurker)

i understand people think it's too expensive, but i think that they have proven themselves as a good company and they need to be supported(so they dont go under like Greddy). i also like the idea of a complete kit coming from one source so if anything goes parts could be replaced easier and just in case something really f'ed up i could say "hey....i bought the whole kit from you." that just makes me feel safer about the whole thing. i think though that for over 400 whp i need to sleeve my block. right?
Old 09-23-2008, 07:07 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: Questions about full-race's EK/EM1 B Series ProStreet Stage 2 GT kit (r33dm0n3y)

No you don't need to sleeve your block.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Questions about full-race's EK/EM1 B Series ProStreet Stage 2 GT kit (SD_Lurker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by r33dm0n3y &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i understand people think it's too expensive, but i think that they have proven themselves as a good company and they need to be supported(so they dont go under like Greddy). i also like the idea of a complete kit coming from one source so if anything goes parts could be replaced easier and just in case something really f'ed up i could say "hey....i bought the whole kit from you." that just makes me feel safer about the whole thing. i think though that for over 400 whp i need to sleeve my block. right?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I heard that Full-Race also now carries Ferrea valve train. Pair that up with Manley turbo tuff rods and a set of pistons you will have a solid set up. Sleeves would be good too. ERL
Old 09-23-2008, 07:27 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: Questions about full-race's EK/EM1 B Series ProStreet Stage 2 GT kit (AZSTATEPOLICE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZSTATEPOLICE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I heard that Full-Race also now carries Ferrea valve train. Pair that up with Manley turbo tuff rods and a set of pistons you will have a solid set up. Sleeves would be good too. ERL </TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't you have some online orders to take care of?

BTW he doesn't need to sleeve his block. Its a good idea if you ever plan to grow which most likely you will.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont think i'll ever want to go bigger on this setup. 400+ whp for a daily seems fine.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have the some setup in ek too. but its not done.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Questions about full-race's EK/EM1 B Series ProStreet Stage 2 GT kit (ctr83)

i can't wait for my car to be at that point. I thought the gsr would keep me happy for a while... exactly one year later my car seems so slow.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:20 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by r33dm0n3y &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i can't wait for my car to be at that point. I thought the gsr would keep me happy for a while... exactly one year later my car seems so slow.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's because you are now used to the characteristics of the car now, and it feels "slower" only from your body adjusting to it. Sleeving is not just about power potential, but for use. We have plenty of GS-Rs that are sleeved for over 350-480whp just for road-racing purposes. This is because of the amount and type of abuse that is expected warrants the use of sleeves.

Sleeves in this situation are not a requirement, but is more for insurance along with proper tuning. Really, increasing to 84.5mm bore has little affect in your power unless there is also the addition of stroke. You have more surface are to burn the fuel, but not the longer duration to make that explosion more effective in combustion.

Full Race is a good company. If your budget warrants it, and that is what you want to use, that is just fine. I don't think anyone is going to argue, however, please make sure that you've checked ALL your options of use, availability, and purpose when choosing a kit. Also understand what you may be giving up (Power steering, A/C , and other accutraments) when making this choice.