Notices

question on fuel management for turboed cars running high boost?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question on fuel management for turboed cars running high boost?

sup doods. im in the thinking stage of running turbo in my car on a fully rebuilt b18 of some sort. pistons,rods,block guard, p&p, turbo cams, new springs, ret,valvs and so on. i was thinkin somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-18 PSI daily driven, moreso just on weekends. and possibly much higher for racing.
anyhow,, people have motec and standalone and AEM programable and hondata to operate high boost cars. the bottom line is all that crap is hella expensive and confusing at times.
my question, is it possible to run a rechipped ECU and a VAFC with A/f guage(cyberdyne, the good one) and all the other guages like, oil pres/temp, water temp, BOOST, and so on. plus a dyno run with wideband O2 to help tune it too.
is it possible to use that setup to run a turboed car, or does it just not work? also FPR,FMU,ignition(msd) for boost retard, and larger injectors will be in there as well. i think it would work just fine up to any ammount of boost, yeah it may wiegh more and have more wires and may even cost nearly the same, but i think it will work. anyone beg to differ? thanks to all that help me and all opinions are welcomed. thanks
Old 10-07-2002, 03:10 PM

Default Re: question on fuel management for turboed cars running high boost? (JDM CRX)

I wish I had gone stand alone, but with my AFC and stock ECU with missing link and a Greddy A/F gauge (which is the good one, not cyberdyne or get the best a/f gauge and get the techedge) I boost 15lbs. So yah you could do it that way or go standalone, which is def better, and then you dont need an AFC and an FMU and dont have to worry about timing issues, ( I could go on forever) Just go standalone. But you will still want an A/F and or EGT gauge and boost gauge and others
Old 10-07-2002, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: question on fuel management for turboed cars running high boost? (Elite Hatch)

I agree. on anything over 12psi i highly push standalones.