Notices

Question from Argentina. How many PSI is safe to run ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question from Argentina. How many PSI is safe to run ??

Hi. I`m from Argentina ( sorry if my English is not that good!!!)
I have a 97 Honda Prelude h22a5.
I`ve turbicharged it. Actually I`m running 9 PSI. I have a t3 turbo, fmic, 550 cc rc injectors, mahle pistons ( no need to re sleeve), and I`ve replace the oem ecu with an EMS from AEM.
My air/fuel ratio, seem s to be ok, so I didn`t changed my oem fuel pump.
I bought ( still did not change) Eagle rods, blockguard, ACT clutch, things that I`m planning to install during February.
My question is how many PSI do you think is safe to run under this conditions ???
I`ve heard taht the h22 weakness is the block, so I should re sleeve it if I want to get 400+ whp. Which is not my intention. !!!!

Please if somebody could help me, It would be very useful for me, here in my country we do not have so many experience as you do have.

edit: forgot to tell I lowered the compression to 8.9:1 with 9 psi I`ve made 250 whp ( dynojet)

Thans very much !!
Regards

Rodrigo

Modified by turboludeARG at 6:55 AM 12/30/2005
Old 12-30-2005, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question from Argentina. How many PSI is safe to run ?? (turboludeARG)

dont wana be rude or anythin but do a search and u will get many topics that will answer your questions, it will all go back to its not the amount of boost you should be thinking about.....its the amount of power you want to put down, boost doesnt kill the engine its the amount of power its making
Old 12-30-2005, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Question from Argentina. How many PSI is safe to run ?? (turboludeARG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboludeARG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My air/fuel ratio, seem s to be ok, so I didn`t changed my oem fuel pump.</TD></TR></TABLE>

For safety, get a high volume fuel pump, they are not that much and are cheaper then a blown motor

how to search
Old 01-04-2006, 04:47 AM

Thanks for your answers !!! I`ll do a search !!!(promise!!!)
The problem is that here in Argentina there isn`t too much experience in h22 engines, and a blown engine is a huge problem, cause you cannot get a spare blcok here !!!!! So I must go slowly, step by step !!!!
I do have the spare fuel pump, and I`m gonna change it in some days, when my ride goes to the tuner, in order to change the rods, the clutch and install the blockguard !!!
I think that without sleeving my block, I will be able to run 300whp safely ( but as I told you before, here we dont have too much experience with h22 turocharged c ars !!!!)

Thans again for your help !!!
Old 01-04-2006, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

There's a lot to read, but you might want to check out this thread.. https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1406865
It's about the mahle pistons you're using.

The block is actually pretty strong on an h22, it's the stock pistons that are weak, which you have already taken care of. I would think that something in the 350-370whp range would be completely possible after you change your fuel pump and rods. Any more than that and your 550's probably won't be able to supply enough fuel.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Where in Argentina are you from? It's cold and wet here, looks like you lucky bastards are enjoying warm weather and sun.

I noticed you said you are running on stock fuel maps with your aem ems. Surely this can't be true. With your setup it sounds like you're ready to make some power. Just make sure it gets tuned right so it will last.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:08 AM

Default Re: Question from Argentina. How many PSI is safe to run ?? (4rc-fed)

Where in Argentina are you from? It's cold and wet here, looks like you lucky bastards are enjoying warm weather and sun.
I noticed you said you are running on stock fuel maps with your aem ems. Surely this can't be true. With your setup it sounds like you're ready to make some power. Just make sure it gets tuned right so it will last.

(sorry I didnt know how to quote !!!!

I`m from the Capital city Buenos Aires.

My fuel map was setted in the aem !!!, obviosuly is not the oem fuel map !!!
I said Im using the oem fuel pump !!! ( maybe I made a mistake when I wrote down !!!)
Im using a 2 bar sensor map, wich it fits ok to my needs, at least for now !!!!!!
Keep you update with my next mods !!!
Thanks !"!!

edit: here in summer we are suffering 95 ºf !!!! its quite hot, and wet... not ideal for boosting the cars !!!!!