Notices

Question about the Oil Pan Fitting for the oil return line.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about the Oil Pan Fitting for the oil return line.

Can I use JB Weld to attach this fitting to the oilpan?

I don't really want to take my oil pan down and get the peice welded on.

But if I have to, no big deal.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question about the Oil Pan Fitting for the oil return line. (RyanAutry)

should have gotten what i go if u wanted to do it weldless. its basically a fitting that looks like that, but has another male side where your flat part is. a Male to Male AN fitting, then im using a locknut to secure it with metal o ring gaskets. let me know if u need pics, ill see if i can look it up. but it may be cheaper to get it welded since u have the fitting already.

krazy
Old 05-06-2003, 10:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Question about the Oil Pan Fitting for the oil return line. (krazy)

I would not trust JB Weld to hold that in place reliabily.
I use 10AN union and a stratoseal washer for drain back fittings. Works great.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by krazy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">should have gotten what i go if u wanted to do it weldless. its basically a fitting that looks like that, but has another male side where your flat part is. a Male to Male AN fitting, then im using a locknut to secure it with metal o ring gaskets. let me know if u need pics, ill see if i can look it up. but it may be cheaper to get it welded since u have the fitting already.

krazy</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah, after I bought everything. I should have went weld-less. Like Sonny did.

So, No on the JB Weld. Just get it welded?

I'm gonna take it down today and get it welded.

This is my last part before I start my car for the first time.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:43 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by krazy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">should have gotten what i go if u wanted to do it weldless. its basically a fitting that looks like that, but has another male side where your flat part is. a Male to Male AN fitting, then im using a locknut to secure it with metal o ring gaskets. let me know if u need pics, ill see if i can look it up. but it may be cheaper to get it welded since u have the fitting already.

krazy</TD></TR></TABLE>

hey, can you tell me where to get the parts you are talking about? I'd like to go weldless as well. thanks
Old 05-06-2003, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question about the Oil Pan Fitting for the oil return line. (disguy409)

I can get you a weldless kit, all you need is drill and tap(3/8") not really recommend it though, I have those as an option on my kit, but only if you live in a middle of nowhere and can not get access to a welder...

let me know if you're interested

stan
Old 05-06-2003, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Question about the Oil Pan Fitting for the oil return line. (disguy409)

I would just weld it you don’t wont it to come lose and leak. The weld less one with the lock nut are know to come loss just weld it and save you self the headache

This is what i got and i like it alot
Old 05-06-2003, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Question about the Oil Pan Fitting for the oil return line. (RyanAutry)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RyanAutry &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
So, No on the JB Weld. Just get it welded?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

JB Weld is good stuff, but not on oil pans, or anything that gets excessively hot and is exposed to lots of vibration.

I JB welded my oil return back in the day, and it didn't even hold for a day. I welded it up immediatly afterwards.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by disguy409 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hey, can you tell me where to get the parts you are talking about? I'd like to go weldless as well. thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

i got mine from http://www.anplumbing.com but support fellow h-t members and pick one up from flamenco-t.

krazy
Old 05-06-2003, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

On my old oil return setup I used JB weld and had no leaks whatsoever from the pan. The key is prepping the surface good. Sand off the paint and clean really thoroughly around the surfaces and you should be good to go. I'm using it on my new line too.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Question about the Oil Pan Fitting for the oil return line. (highmilehatch)

someone I know locally who worked extensivley on his car and turboing it, said not to get it welded, but ito get it BRAZED on. Whats the diffreence?