Notices

question about an lsturbo vs lsvtecturbo tq wise help needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about an lsturbo vs lsvtecturbo tq wise help needed

i need to know why a straight ls turbo will make more tq than an lsvtec turbo at the same hp level i always thought the point of lsvtec is to have the tq of an ls and the topend of a vtec motor but it seems to not make the same tq as the ls any more so if anybody could explain this to me i would greatly apreaticate it as im, sure im not the only one who what this info thanks in advance
Old 08-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: question about an lsturbo vs lsvtecturbo tq wise help needed (blackdude)

Vtec heads flow better, thus less torque.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: question about an lsturbo vs lsvtecturbo tq wise help needed (Sleeper Style)

I dunno about that, the reason LS have more torque is becuae of the extra stroke.

b16-GSR-LS-LVTEC

all increasing in stroke and torque
Old 08-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: question about an lsturbo vs lsvtecturbo tq wise help needed (93supercoupe)

so the better the flow the less torque is needed or something of that nature
Old 08-25-2006, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: question about an lsturbo vs lsvtecturbo tq wise help needed (blackdude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93supercoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dunno about that, the reason LS have more torque is becuae of the extra stroke.

b16-GSR-LS-LVTEC

all increasing in stroke and torque</TD></TR></TABLE>

i know that it has the extra stroke so i thought the lsvtec would have the same torque but it doesnt seem tha way
Old 08-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what Im saying is that LS Vtecs will have just as much, or more torque as an LS
Old 08-25-2006, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: question about an lsturbo vs lsvtecturbo tq wise help needed (93supercoupe)

no it wont because i have a friend who got a fully bulit lsvtec at 400 hp and 275tq and a friend who just made 403and 340tq on an ls both with sc61 ls at 19 psi and the lsvtec at 16 psi the lsvtec has more pontential as far as hp but tq wise the ls owns just trying to figure out why but some just told me that the vtec head flows better therefore it loses tq if so thas cool because i would rather have hp over massive tq but dont get me wrong the lsvtec owns other straight vtec motors as far as tq but the ls just seem to make like 40more tq at the same hp level as an lsvtec at the same hp level that all im trying to figure out
Old 08-25-2006, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i dunno, I always thought it was a myth.I cant see a flowing head make it lose torque, its gotta be the cams that do it.

Porting a LS head isnt going to make it lose torque
Old 08-25-2006, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93supercoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dunno about that, the reason LS have more torque is becuae of the extra stroke.

b16-GSR-LS-LVTEC

all increasing in stroke and torque</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't post if you have no clue what you are talking about. An lsvtec has the same stroke as an ls motor.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: question about an lsturbo vs lsvtecturbo tq wise help needed (Sleeper Style)

I relize that, I always thought they would make more torque seeming as u still have a low RPM cam and also a high RPM cam.So i cant see a LSvtec having less torque.But according to the numbers above, I guess thats not true.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93supercoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Porting a LS head isnt going to make it lose torque</TD></TR></TABLE>

How do you know? Have you done it?

Look at a DSM for instance...the head flows like **** and the torque numbers are just as high as the hp numbers. Then look at a vtec honda motor...the torque numbers are substantially lower than the hp numbers.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

There is no need to get hostel, we are trying to figure this out.

DSM's have small turbos long runner intake manifolds and is a 2.0, and only revs to 6500 i think.

and honda's have lower torque than HP, so dont post if u dont know what ur talking about.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93supercoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dunno, I always thought it was a myth.I cant see a flowing head make it lose torque, its gotta be the cams that do it.

Porting a LS head isnt going to make it lose torque</TD></TR></TABLE>

well that true it would seem that way wouldnt becuase my friend wit the ls head is fully bulit and he didnt lost tq so now im lost i just need some concrete evidence
Old 08-25-2006, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93supercoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There is no need to get hostel, we are trying to figure this out.

DSM's have small turbos long runner intake manifolds and is a 2.0, and only revs to 6500 i think.

and honda's have lower torque than HP, so dont post if u dont know what ur talking about.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha. You know you are wrong, just give up already.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont get it, how am i wrong?

There are things besides the ports that create torque on motors.

I just cant see a head flowing BETTER will make it lose toeque, and seeming as ur so smart, why dont u help us out in telling us why?
Old 08-25-2006, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bunp for some tech answers
Old 08-25-2006, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for some info
Old 08-25-2006, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's not that straight cut. Displacement, cams, turbo, boost, etc all determine how much torque you'll make. Tanner's car was running 20psi, and is an 85mm bore. Antwaine's car was running 16psi and a smaller bore. Had Antwaine's car run 20psi and been 85mm bore and open dp, it would have made both more power and more torque than Tanner's. The earlier you spool the turbo, and the more boost you run, the more torque you're going to make. An LS/VTEC motor is better in just about every way than an LS motor....

There are just too many variables to say one motor makes more torque than the other....
Old 08-25-2006, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: question about an lsturbo vs lsvtecturbo tq wise help needed (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's not that straight cut. Displacement, cams, turbo, boost, etc all determine how much torque you'll make. Tanner's car was running 20psi, and is an 85mm bore. Antwaine's car was running 16psi and a smaller bore. Had Antwaine's car run 20psi and been 85mm bore and open dp, it would have made both more power and more torque than Tanner's. The earlier you spool the turbo, and the more boost you run, the more torque you're going to make. An LS/VTEC motor is better in just about every way than an LS motor....

There are just too many variables to say one motor makes more torque than the other....</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks tony youre the best