Notices

QUESTION ABOUT INSTALLING TURBO KIT INTO GSR

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QUESTION ABOUT INSTALLING TURBO KIT INTO GSR

eh whats up guys.. just wondering if say i install an turbo kit into a stock gsr motor. Do i need to do something else to make it run okay. well, this is so far of what i've done right now with the turbo kit.

i'm running-
-t3t4
-walbro fuel pump 255'
-aem fuel rail
-aem fuel pressure regulator
-rc 440 fuel injectors
i was wondering how much fuel psi should i be running too?

I also wanna know what do i have to T to the vacuum line. the only thing i T is the BOV. the wastgate, i connect it to the compression housing on the turbo. it just seems like i didn't connect much to the vacuum? haha. i know something is wrong. -help?

i have a p28 hondata s300 that i am going to install and even after i do. i wanna know what do i do next? tune it of course. just curious? whats recommended?

but really i just wanna know if i can drive it for what i have so far. i'm a noob so,
do i have to retarted my timing?
and how do i gap my spark plugs? .028 to .030 is good i guess. i have NGKs ..
anyway, i kinda drove my car and only went up to 4g rpm and it seems like im not building any boost i think? and looks and feels like it doesn't idle right like it wants to die.i dunno? you do you guys think? any help plz?

i think it be better on tellin me step by step on getting it to run okay without seriously done major things to the motor.. it would help.. thanks guyss..... appreciate everything...
i just need help.. im stuck...haha..
Old 10-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont waste your time with the AEM fuel rail or AEM FPR...stock will work fine. Also run 550cc injectors because if you push this setup the way you should, you'll max those 440s easily
Old 10-19-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: (Schister66)

yea.. so how did you stalled your turbo kit in? did you just bolt it on and runs thats it.. don't i have to do something else? j/w
Old 10-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When i installed my setup i did it in a few stages

1. I installed my HP Racing intake manifold (literally 4 months before completing the rest of the setup)

2. Installed my clutch and put 3k miles on it to break it in (exedy stage 2)

3. I fit my intercooler and mounted it...i mocked up all the piping but removed it so it was ready to go in whenever

TURBO INSTALL

-put my car on a lift and removed the bumper, the radiator and both tires so i had plenty of room
- i started to remove everything that i knew had to come off before the new **** could go on...

the just start with the easy things

-mount the turbo/manifold/dp/wastegate/dump
-toss the piping on the intercooler *since it was already cut to fit, it shouldnt take long*
-wire in the injectors and the resistor box...this may take longer than you think because of the stock O-rings
-plug in the new ECU with the conversion harness
- run the oil lines and all vac fittings

The first setup is a pain in the *** but after that, it becomes much easier because all of the little pokey things are done...my second and third setups took merely hours (5-6) whereas my first setup took me about a weeks worth of work...all total about 40hours no kidding....it could be done faster but i double checked everything and took my time building it

Be sure to enjoy the install because getting there is a lot of the fun...dont rush it and be sure to allow plenty of time because there are so many little pain in the *** problems that you dont anticipate
Old 10-19-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: (Schister66)

Thanks man... got a question about the fuel injector plugs. i had to get different plugs so i cut them and rewire the obd1 plugs on it cause i had the obd1 rc 440 injectors. anyway, what about the resistor box? what do i have to do with that?