Notices

Put new motor and turbo in, but it wont run right. I think its electrical......

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 11:24 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Put new motor and turbo in, but it wont run right. I think its electrical......

Hello all, here is my setup first
95 dx coupe
94 b18b/ ls tranny with GSR gears
t3/t4
dropshop mani
3in downpipe/ no exhaust yet
DSM 450's with resistor box spliced in
uberchip

here is whats happening, it idles real low if it starts at all. i got it running yesterday and drove it 5 miles back to my new house. it sounds and feels like its missing. if i get it running, it will feel good for 1000 rpm and then miss, hiccup, loose power, whatever then go good again, then not, then good, then not.....
its not throwing any codes either. it did twice, but once i turned it off and back on, its was ok
i pulled the plugs and they are black as hell and were soaked with fuel, but to be expected. also the wires are fine, i checked the resistance. but if i stick a plug in the end of the wire and ground it, it will spark when turned over, but the pattern looked pretty irregular, i cant be sure though.
the car would start yesterday, and i started it earlier today, but then it died and wont come back on.
and the idle is super low like 300 rpm, and will miss repeatedly when i try to rev it at all.
but yesterday, when i drove it over, i was able to get on it for a second and DAMN, only at 7lbs that thing ******* flies. it would stop hiccuping for a little and rev real smooth for the top of the power band, once i got it there. i would get a miss and then bam, its would rev and then maybe another miss and off i went.
i am quite confused at what it could be?
oh and i have the o2 sensor hooked up as well.

i am thinking it could be a bad dist. my buddy has an obd2 integra, can i swap out the dizzies and try that?????

Any suggestions??? THanks in advance for your help
Burke
Old 07-05-2003, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Put new motor and turbo in, but it wont run right. I think its electrical...... (Burke)

I wonder if there is something wrong with your uberchip? Defective chip/ improper installation???
Old 07-05-2003, 01:21 PM
Banned

Default Re: Put new motor and turbo in, but it wont run right. I think its electrical...... (si_mekanik)

i hope not
i know its in right, and Jon from the Drop Shop put a map on there for me. i read the chip and there is data on it, but i can seem to open it with the software.
and my right front brake cylinder froze up, so i gotta go fix that now
thanks for the help
Old 07-05-2003, 04:34 PM
Banned

Default Re: Put new motor and turbo in, but it wont run right. I think its electrical...... (Burke)

bump -
brakes are fixed
its sounds like a harley, yea it really does. i just started it and it wont go above 3 grand and thats really hesitant.
checked the cap and rotor and its looks fine
anyone got any suggestions or advise??
Thanks
Old 07-05-2003, 04:50 PM
TurboJesse

Mine also did the same thing when i tried to run it wiht Uberchip...Was running extremely rich, missfiring, etc...Switched to hondata, and hopefully it should be running better when i attempt to start it in a few days
Old 07-05-2003, 04:51 PM
Banned

Default Re: Put new motor and turbo in, but it wont run right. I think its electrical...... (Mpir3)

i really hope its not this chip.
were you just running a base map??
Thanks
Burke
Old 07-05-2003, 05:07 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Burke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i really hope its not this chip.
were you just running a base map??
Thanks
Burke</TD></TR></TABLE>

its the chip. its running too rich.
Old 07-05-2003, 05:19 PM
Banned

Default Re: Put new motor and turbo in, but it wont run right. I think its electrical...... (GraphiteAccord

**** that sucks. is there anything i can do to lean it out????
does anyone have a base map .bin for it???? I have access to a burner and i could burn a new chip.
Thanks for the help
Burke
Old 07-05-2003, 06:27 PM
Banned

Default Re: Put new motor and turbo in, but it wont run right. I think its electrical...... (GraphiteAccord

what should i set the timing to??? right now its stock
THanks
Burke
Old 07-05-2003, 09:39 PM
TurboJesse

I was able to lean mine out a bit wiht an afc, managed to get it to run alittle smoother, but it still ran like **** under boost and i didn't have time to play with it so i went hondata...
Old 07-06-2003, 06:05 AM
Banned

ahhh, i seee. but i dont have a afc. but i do have the uberdata software and a burner. so i am gonna burn me another chip.
I talked to Jon from the Drop Shop (USDM EG9, whom i got the chip from) and told him whats happening. He immediately sent me a new one .bin through AIM. He also helped me with some ofther burner software issues and the like. AWESOME GUY!!! i once doubted him, but not any more. He has made a COMPLETE 180 in my book, and will continue get my business. I am gonna buy atleast one more ic from him within the next two weeks.
so hopefully this new .bin will lean it out and solve my problems. if not, then ............
Thanks for all your help guys