Notices

proper crankcase ventilation for my ls vetec turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default proper crankcase ventilation for my ls vetec turbo

i had the breather tank setup in my ls vtec turbo with 2 bungs a filter on top and a drain valve. i have the 2 ports on the back of the block to the breather can the same day i drive hard or next day it pukes oil out the filter and then i have to drain it. can any body help with answers plz i know is building up high pressure blow by
Old 06-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: proper crankcase ventilation for my ls vetec turbo

Usually the fittings on the back of the block tend to fill the catch can rapidly, you can put two bungs of the front of the valve cover and route it to the catch can and plug the fittings on back of block, this will pretty much stop oil from getting into the ccatch can
Old 06-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

say if i wanna keep the hoses on the back of the block can i use a different type style breather tank/catch can. i dont have a pcv(valve) system all removed and plugged so i dont want to get one that requires to use pcv(valve), or one with a drain back. i want a style similiar like mine with drain valve. or should i get another breather tank like i have now and vent out the valve cover with two 2 bungs
Old 06-28-2011, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you dont need a drain back with the lines off the valve cover and its not good to drain the oil back, its gets condensation build up and then you end up with water in your oil.

Also the line on back of block will always do this reguardless of what type or size container the hoses are connected to
Old 06-29-2011, 02:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

as far as container like u said u meant wat size breather tank or the ports on the back of the block and hose sizes
Old 06-29-2011, 03:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no im saying not matter what if you run the hoses off the back of the block it will fill up with oil
Old 06-29-2011, 03:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What size hoses are you using to route the oil? if the hoses are too small it will act as a vacuum & just keep pulling oil thru the lines its sounds like you are using too small a hose try using -10an hoses or equivalent. Its supposed to catch oil blowby not pull it thru. Also there should be no oil drain return back to the block frpm your catch can... its contaminated oil at that point you dont want it back inside your motor. At least I know i dont. pepboys sells a perfect block off plug to close up the hole left open when you remove the factory black box.....stock up on Oem Honda oil filters if you want that motor to stay healthy your going to need to do lots of oil changes