Notices

Project Restoration - EBP EM1 Turbo - Build Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Project Restoration - EBP EM1 Turbo - Build Thread

The turbo has a T3 housing on it. It's either .63 or .64 a/r, I don't have the specs in front of me. The original receipt was actually from ATP.

I have the original receipt from ATP it's just with the other parts that haven't been brought to the new house. I'll double check the specs when I snag the parts tomorrow. I can also check the housing, I'm pretty sure the a/r spec will be stamped into it.

Last edited by bungalo101; 04-20-2014 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Merged from the edit/removal of posts below
Old 04-20-2014, 07:09 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I miss my em1.. had a milano red 99 with a high compression all motor b16. Car was stupid fun.

I tore it down to put a sleeved/stroked 2.1 l ls/vtec that was 100% one off, no shelf parts in it. since I lived on campus I built the motor in my dorm room and left the car at home. came home one day and it and 4 of my cars were gone. mom had them crushed... that was the day I almost murdered her lol
Old 04-21-2014, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wantboost
I miss my em1.. had a milano red 99 with a high compression all motor b16. Car was stupid fun.

I tore it down to put a sleeved/stroked 2.1 l ls/vtec that was 100% one off, no shelf parts in it. since I lived on campus I built the motor in my dorm room and left the car at home. came home one day and it and 4 of my cars were gone. mom had them crushed... that was the day I almost murdered her lol
Ugh… shudders as the sound of an EM1 being crushed. Surprisingly my wife likes my EM1 better than the RSX-S so she's happy it's getting fixed up.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by KevinEF7
Looks like a nice build but give us some pics!

I like most seeing where people do the work for some reason, the workspace, crammed garage or big open shop with a hoist
Alright, I got a few updates in. Initial pics of the car pulled into the garage. Check the front post for these. Here's where I'm at now.

Hood is off, front bumper is gone. You can see the radiator support core dent from the black ice into guardrail incident. I'm going to drill out the spot welds and remove this and slap a new one on. Not sure if OEM support is necessary or if an aftermarket one is study enough to fit the bill.

Lost of rusty brackets I'm going to need to replace but overall the engine bay isn't horrible. I don't see much if any rust on the painted portion of the bay so I'm hoping some degreaser and some elbow grease can get that cleaned up once the engine is out of the way.

Without further ado, here are the pics as she sits:

Old 04-21-2014, 04:29 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That looks like a nasty dent, are you sure it's just the lower rad support that's bent? looks like it might have gotten the front frame rail as well.

luckily i have all of the interior out of my em1 still, might swap most of it into my 97 ex coupe. I still have a legit new full Bomex kit I had for the car just laying around. took me 6 months to import it from Japan then I had no car to put it on when it showed up :/

still debating about putting it on the ex maybe.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wantboost
That looks like a nasty dent, are you sure it's just the lower rad support that's bent? looks like it might have gotten the front frame rail as well.

luckily i have all of the interior out of my em1 still, might swap most of it into my 97 ex coupe. I still have a legit new full Bomex kit I had for the car just laying around. took me 6 months to import it from Japan then I had no car to put it on when it showed up :/

still debating about putting it on the ex maybe.
Yeah, it is a nasty dent. I think it's just the radiator support that's bent but it's close to the frame rail. I can get a better picture of the damage and post it.