Notices

Product Feedback Needed: D15Z1 roller cam use with Bisi's 3.6 D16Y8 camshaft

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Product Feedback Needed: D15Z1 roller cam use with Bisi's 3.6 D16Y8 camshaft

I'm determined to run a high lift roller cam D series on pretty high boost and high compression, yet I'm having issues finding a cam and bisi has yet to respond to my email about cutting a D15Z1 roller cam to the specs of the 3.6 D16Y8 cam.

Has anyone seen the roller cam cut to produce similar lift and duration, or does it need to be welded up to have enough material to work with?

My goals are in the 600 hp range to run 10 second 1/4 miles, I know several D16s have accomplished this with the 3.6 cam and fairly high boost levels but nothing I'm going to shy away from. In any case Im looking at this cams specs because they have done the job, I've not seen a roller cam get anywhere close though. Seeing as I am having the block sleeved I can go with an oversized bore and thus run larger valves which might make the goals more easily achievable, I worry that the stock D15Z1 cam just doesn't have what it takes at any boost level or cam size or porting work.

Any sort of input on this project would be great.

Maurice