Notices

preventing OVERBOOST...w/ pressure relief valve

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default preventing OVERBOOST...w/ pressure relief valve

i am going to be purchasing one of these valves from grainger...the adjustable one (0-20psi) that flows 54cfm...
now i own the f-max kit and as you may know it has 2 threaded bungs right near the TB for the additional injectors...
i already upgraded fuel/engine mgmt..so i will not be needing the extra injectors...

now here are my 2 choices....

1. put 1 pressure relief valve on and cap off the other theaded bung...

OR

2. put 1 pressure relief valve on each of the bungs for a total of 2...
my only concern is that by adding the second one...it will double the amount of pressure it will take to open them....

ex. i want to run 18psi....so i will set the pressure valve to 19psi...if i overboost anything over 18psi will be bled out...but if i have 2 won't it take 38psi to open them (19+19)...or it doesn't work that way???

please help i am confused...

thanks...
Old 09-23-2004, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: preventing OVERBOOST...w/ pressure relief valve (graphic)

There is a relief valve available from Greddy. Just go to Greddy's website, click "Turbo" --> "Turbo Accessories" --> "Relief Valve".

The relief valve goes onto the intake manifold. So if you set your RV at 19psi, then it'll open at 19psi or more.

The RV measures pressure, not flow. So having 2 RV's @ 19psi will relieve pressure @19psi+. Of course, have 2 RV's mean you can relieve more pressurized air (volume) than just one.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: preventing OVERBOOST...w/ pressure relief valve (green_GSR)

HKS sells a "pop off valve" to prevent overboost too
Old 09-24-2004, 08:17 AM

Default Re: preventing OVERBOOST...w/ pressure relief valve (green_GSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by green_GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There is a relief valve available from Greddy. Just go to Greddy's website, click "Turbo" --&gt; "Turbo Accessories" --&gt; "Relief Valve".

The relief valve goes onto the intake manifold. So if you set your RV at 19psi, then it'll open at 19psi or more.

The RV measures pressure, not flow. So having 2 RV's @ 19psi will relieve pressure @19psi+. Of course, have 2 RV's mean you can relieve more pressurized air (volume) than just one. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you say it goes on the intake manifold...will mine work being that it is 4in before the TB???